1. Sucker Train Blues

2. You Got No Right

3. Let It Roll

4. Slither

5. Just Sixteen

Slash & Myles:

1. One Last Thrill

2. Wicked Stone

3. Shots Fired (could have also been Hard & Fast)

4. 30 Years To Life

5. Withered Delilah (could have also been Avalon)

Sorry, I would have love to put Anastasia but I've never had the love for it others do, and while I do think its one of their "best" songs, there are too many other favorites I have over it from the past 2 records.

Also, Don't Drop That Dime is great. Shows a different side of them and is a fun little ditty. I see no reason it can't be someone's favorite (although I understand its surprising), especially when its on an album with such unbelievable shit like Spay. I also almost have Loving The Alien, and I find it very funny that most of your VR songs are all the quiet slower mellower numbers while all your favorite Slash/Myles are the heavy shit like Savage Sun, Unholy, Anastasia (to a point) :lol: . Lot of variety, whereas mine is mainly the fast rock songs.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

Velvet Revolver:

1. Sucker Train Blues

2. You Got No Right

3. Let It Roll

4. Slither

5. Just Sixteen

Slash & Myles:

1. One Last Thrill

2. Wicked Stone

4. 30 Years To Life

Sorry, I would have love to put Anastasia but I've never had the love for it others do, and while I do think its one of their "best" songs, there are too many other favorites I have over it from the past 2 records.

Also, Don't Drop That Dime is great. Shows a different side of them and is a fun little ditty. I see no reason it can't be someone's favorite (although I understand its surprising), especially when its on an album with such unbelievable shit like Spay. I also almost have Loving The Alien, and I find it very funny that most of your VR songs are all the quiet slower mellower numbers while all your favorite Slash/Myles are the heavy shit like Savage Sun, Unholy, Anastasia (to a point) :lol: . Lot of variety, whereas mine is mainly the fast rock songs.

Really?! Just Sixteen, lol.

VR:

You Got No Right

Set Me Free

Come On Come In

SBQM

Sucker Train Blues

SfMK&C:

Halo

30 Years To Life

Shots Fired

Beneath The Savage Sun

Not For Me

It's a tie.

Velvet Revolver:

1. Sucker Train Blues

2. You Got No Right

3. Let It Roll

4. Slither

5. Just Sixteen

Slash & Myles:

1. One Last Thrill

2. Wicked Stone

4. 30 Years To Life

I never cared for Just Sixteen, infact it's the only song on Libertad I really dislike, but then I like Spay so what do I know?

I do think you raised an interesting point about VR's strongest songs being their mellower material and Slash/Myles doing better up-tempo rockers. I do like a lot of VR up-tempo stuff (Slither, Quick Machines and Let It Roll being the pick of the bunch imo) but there's not really any rockers on either VR album as good as Savage Sun or Unholy, and similarly, there are no Slash/Myles ballads which hold a candle to Messages, Loving The Alien and You Got No Right.

Edited by Towelie

LOVE Just Sixteen. Can't believe others don't. Honestly, its the only other straight ahead rock song on that album besides Let It Roll. I don't know how you can't love that riff that just kicks right in. But then again, I've also never liked American Man which many claim here is one of their favorites so I guess its also personal preference.

Definitely agree with what you're saying about the two bands. Again, one of the reasons I love Just Sixteen is its so in your face. I really like Libertad, but most of the songs aren't like that. For example, I like stuff like Mary Mary and She Mine and Pill, Demons, Etc, but they all verge on all these different things. They're a little pop, they're a little punk, they're a little sleazy. To me, it makes all the songs kind of middle of the road instead of being very strong statements (if that makes sense). I agree VR was probably best when they slowed it down with stuff like You Got No Right (something Slash/Myles have yet to top IMO) and Slash and Myles have proven they can do really good rockers (despite them being a tad generic as many have noted).

Lastly, for those questioning my Just Sixteen, I think Come On Come In is one of the weakest songs in VR's catalogue. Total forgettable track.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 2

VR:

Sucker Train Blues

Slither

Set Me Free

You Got No Right

Lovin' The Alien

SfMK&C:

Halo

Anastasia

Wicked Stone

Beneath The Savage Sun

Bent To Fly

Even if WOF is a step forward, I think the VR tunes have the slightly better song structure.

But overall SfMK&C had more good songs in my opinion, so it was harder for me to choose the top 5 of them.

At the end I'm very happy with what we've got of these two bands.

Edited by Free Bird

VR

1. Slither

2. Fall to Pieces

3. You Got No Right

4. Set Me Free

5. ...Do it for the Kids?

Conspirators/Slash Solo

1. Anastasia

2. By the Sword

3. Watch This

4. Wicked Stone

5. Saint is a Sinner Too

"Solo" career wins all day.

What if you choose just your top 5 of the Slash/Myles combo without songs from "Slash"? Edited by Free Bird

1. American Man

2. Pills, Demons & Etc

3. She Mine

4. Mary Mary

5. Let It Roll

1/ Wicked Stone

2/ Anastasia

3/ Safari Inn

4/ No More Heroes

5/ Avalon

Always liked No More Heroes, thought that song and We Will Roam never got the recognition they deserved. But how is your VR list all Libertad songs? :lol:

1. American Man

2. Pills, Demons & Etc

3. She Mine

4. Mary Mary

5. Let It Roll

1/ Wicked Stone

2/ Anastasia

3/ Safari Inn

4/ No More Heroes

5/ Avalon

Always liked No More Heroes, thought that song and We Will Roam never got the recognition they deserved. But how is your VR list all Libertad songs? :lol:

Because Contraband is dreadful.