3. She Mine

4. Mary Mary

5. Let It Roll

1/ Wicked Stone

2/ Anastasia

3/ Safari Inn

4/ No More Heroes

5/ Avalon

Always liked No More Heroes, thought that song and We Will Roam never got the recognition they deserved. But how is your VR list all Libertad songs? :lol:

Because Contraband is dreadful.

Sorry man, but you be smoking the motherfucking ganja if you think She Mine is better than You Got No Right, Slither, Loving The Alien, Dirty Little Thing or Fall To Pieces.

• Like 1

VR-

1-Slither

2-Messages

3-Head space

4-Loving the Alien

5-Fall to pieces

SMKC

1-Anastasia

2-Beneath the savage sun

3-Not for me

4-Wicked stone

5-Too far gone

I love Chains and shackles off Slash and Friends - It doesn't have a bad song on it either -- only thing I have ever heard by Slash That I didn't dig was Libertad -The man makes Killer rocking Music - Snakepit both albums kick major ass !

Contraband - Apocalyptic Love and World on Fire don't have any bad songs at all -All Killer material !

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread, but it's interesting :)  Here are mine:

Velvet Revolver:

Sucker Train Blues

Slither

Dirty Little Thing

Big Machine

Set me Free

SMKC:

Halo

World on Fire

Wicked Stone

Apocalyptic Love

Automatic Overdrive

Many other SMKC songs could have made the list. 

3 hours ago, BadRain said:

This is an old thread, but it's interesting :)  Here are mine:

Velvet Revolver:

Sucker Train Blues

Slither

Dirty Little Thing

Big Machine

Set me Free

SMKC:

Halo

World on Fire

Wicked Stone

Apocalyptic Love

Automatic Overdrive

Many other SMKC songs could have made the list. 

One of the few lists without Anastasia...

I think a list with a Best Of Slash would be interesting. Like a best of album with lets say 14 songs post 2010. There's enough material to choose from.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

One of the few lists without Anastasia...

I think a list with a Best Of Slash would be interesting. Like a best of album with lets say 14 songs post 2010. There's enough material to choose from.

If this had been a top 10 list instead of top 5, Anastasia would have made it.  Apocalyptic Love and World on Fire have a lot of good songs.  So does Contraband.  I'm not that familiar with the second VR album.

• 4 months later...

This is old but personally I think snakepit has 2 better albums than VR or any of Slash and Myles. Rod Jackson was an amazing front man and Eric Dover was great as well. I don’t know if I could name 5 VR songs I liked. Slither you got no right and fall to pieces. Myles and slash I love most of the world on fire album and Anastasia but back to the moment, serial killer, back and forth again, beggars and hangers on do laps around most VR stuff and is better than most Myles slash stuff imo. 

I think the only Velvet Revolver song I absolutely love is "Messages." "Slither" is decent. That isn't to say I don't enjoy some other VR songs, but it's jut not something I'd typically throw on any playlist.

Slash/Conspirators, I can definitely make a top 5. It'd be difficult leaving a lot of stuff out.

VR: Fall to Pieces, Sucker Train Blues, Slither, Set Me Free, The Last Fight

Easy to pick 5 Revolver songs, impossible to pick only 5 SMK songs...

SMK: Starlight, Far and Away, Crazy Life, Beneath The Savage Sun, Bent To Fly, Battleground, The One You Loved Is Gone, Lost Inside The Girl, Slow Grind, The Great Pretender

Edited by Ralphelmo

I agree it's far more difficult to only choose 5 SMKC songs than to choose 5 VR. 

VR:

1. Messages

2. Dirty Little Thing

3. Fall to Pieces

4. Slither

5. Don't Drop that Dime ;)

SMKC:

1. Anastasia

2. Not for me

3. Beneath the Savage Sun

4. The Great Pretender

5. Serve you right

6. The Unholy

7. Crazy Life

8. Starlight

9. 30 Years to Life

....I could go on

On 18.6.2015 at 9:03 PM, gunsfanoldie said:

LOVE Just Sixteen. Can't believe others don't. Honestly, its the only other straight ahead rock song on that album besides Let It Roll. I don't know how you can't love that riff that just kicks right in. But then again, I've also never liked American Man which many claim here is one of their favorites so I guess its also personal preference.

Definitely agree with what you're saying about the two bands. Again, one of the reasons I love Just Sixteen is its so in your face. I really like Libertad, but most of the songs aren't like that. For example, I like stuff like Mary Mary and She Mine and Pill, Demons, Etc, but they all verge on all these different things. They're a little pop, they're a little punk, they're a little sleazy. To me, it makes all the songs kind of middle of the road instead of being very strong statements (if that makes sense). I agree VR was probably best when they slowed it down with stuff like You Got No Right (something Slash/Myles have yet to top IMO) and Slash and Myles have proven they can do really good rockers (despite them being a tad generic as many have noted).

Lastly, for those questioning my Just Sixteen, I think Come On Come In is one of the weakest songs in VR's catalogue. Total forgettable track.

Just Sixteen is an awesome blues based rock track. Very fun to play with guitar and sounds heavy and cool.

VR

1. Dirty Little Thing

2. Set Me Free

3. Do It For The Kids

4. Slither

5. She Builds Quick Machines

SMKC:

1. You're A Lie

2. Starlight

Who am I kidding. I can't even name 5 SMKC songs, let alone 5 that I like. I'm not saying that they're all bad. It's just that the one's I've heard haven't made me interested in listening to any more of them.

Cool thread.

SMKC:

1. Apocalyptic Love

2. Dirty Girl

3. Battleground

4. Back From Cali

5. Serve You Right

VR:

1. The Last Fight (One of Slashs greatest compositions ever imo) 

2. Pills, Demons & Etc.

3. You Got No Right

4. (I'm already struggling..) Slither I guess?

5. She Builds Quick Machines (the bridge makes the song. otherwise not that great)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1