Questions about the Vault..

I am still relatively new on here so i apologise if this has been asked before.. but i have a few questions regarding this "Vault"..

1. Does it actually exist?

2. Does it contain all the concerts from the UYI tour in pro-shot?

3. Is there possibly any recoreded but unreleased music from the original 5?

4. Did Axl ever clarify whether there is a "vault" in any of the forum chats?

5. What else is rumoured to actually be in this so called vault?

I think it has been noted that Axl is very much interested in owning any work that he does. I think Marc or someone mentioned he has access to all GNR work, the idea of the vault is very real.

In what forms does he have it on is unclear. Based on other accounts of people in GNR's circle, Axl has access to everything. Every show, every unreleased song, tour videos, on the road videos, documentaries, and pictures. Axl has all things gnr. You would be crazy to believe otherwise.

I'm just curious do we know if there any gigs from the UYI Tour that was recorded in pro-shot quality that hasn't been released?

If that's the case then I really hope Axl could become on speaking terms with Slash and the other UYI guys, not for a reunion but to let us see that footage!

I'm just curious do we know if there any gigs from the UYI Tour that was recorded in pro-shot quality that hasn't been released?

If that's the case then I really hope Axl could become on speaking terms with Slash and the other UYI guys, not for a reunion but to let us see that footage!

According to all the members of real Guns, and including insiders like Marc Canter, everything was recorded. The quality is like the one you have in your signature gif. Pieces of those recorded shows can be seen in videos like Dead Horse.

And yes, I would love to see that footage, that's the 'holy grail' for me.

According to all the members of real Guns, and including insiders like Marc Canter, everything was recorded. The quality is like the one you have in your signature gif. Pieces of those recorded shows can be seen in videos like Dead Horse.

Wow that's cool! It's a shame that we probably won't see that footage as long as Mr.Rose is alive... Unless he feels like doing something when the Illusions turns 25 or 30 but since we are talking about Axl and footage that includes him and Slash on the same stage that's higly unlikley :(

Wow that's cool! It's a shame that we probably won't see that footage as long as Mr.Rose is alive... Unless he feels like doing something when the Illusions turns 25 or 30 but since we are talking about Axl and footage that includes him and Slash on the same stage that's higly unlikley :(

Even if these guys decide to let bygones be bygones, I doubt they would choose to release those shows. :(

The fact that material has not been destroyed, gives me a little bit of hope. Maybe after Axl dies, his heirs decide to release all that footage. You never know.

Yes the Vault does Exist, its some where in Axl's house, Beta knows where it is as she used to clean it before, but from my sources it has not been cleaned since a while.

There is alot of stuff in the vault, there are some AFD demo's which all of us have heard, there is some stuff from the illusions, some unknown demo's, the illusions documentary has a separate case inside the vault which reads "DO NOT OPEN"

There is a lot of stuff from the CD Era, a lot of instrumentals, some really cool stuff from Bucket, my sources say that Paul Tobias is inside the Vault since 2001.

The Vault is old school, but a few years ago I was informed that it will be converted to Digital, but Axl din't want it digital as anyone can hack or break it these days.

The next Mission Impossible movie will be based on the vault, it will be called Mission: Impossible - The Doom of the Vault

For me 'the vault' is all the recorded UYI gigs that never saw the light of day. I thought bitter Axl Rose destroyed everything, but Canter said he didn't.

Agree, I think there is more myth than reality about The Vault. My guess is there are few tapes/demos mostly instrumental. And some videos from the UYI Tour. By no means I believe there are 3 or more full albums of unheard songs

I honestly don't know if I would be happy or sad to watch those videos almost 25 years later ... would it really matter after all this time? :shrugs:

"fan"

Thanks guys,

Did anyone in the forum chats ask him if he had any inclination to release any of this in the future for the fans?

If so, what was the answer?

Yes, but not at his or your expense.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know if I would be happy or sad to watch those videos almost 25 years later ... would it really matter after all this time? :shrugs:

"fan"

I don't know if understood you, Mags ... :huh:

Any true fan is ecstatic for previously unreleased Guns material. Only "fans" would question their feelings.

I'm just fucking with you, buddy.

• Like 1

I am still relatively new on here so i apologise if this has been asked before.. but i have a few questions regarding this "Vault"..

1. Does it actually exist?

It's not a physical vault. It's a metaphorical vault.

2. Does it contain all the concerts from the UYI tour in pro-shot?

All? No. But Slash says that there was a constant film crew presence on the UYI tours and that unreleased backstage and concert footage does exist.

3. Is there possibly any recoreded but unreleased music from the original 5?

Absolutely not.

4. Did Axl ever clarify whether there is a "vault" in any of the forum chats?

No.

5. What else is rumoured to actually be in this so called vault?

Paul Tobias

"fan"

Any true fan is ecstatic for previously unreleased Guns material. Only "fans" would question their feelings.

I'm just fucking with you, buddy.

:lol:

Nah... maybe I wasn't clear enough... when I said that I was really feeling it ... as a FAN, maybe I could feel a little bit sad by seeing what we've lost for more than 20 years ... that's it ... sometimes sadness is a stronger feeling than happiness ... only FANS can understand this :)

"fan"

were you listenning to old bootlegs or videos from the classic line up?

if yes, then your whole post was nonsensical