Questions about the Vault..

54 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

As far as CD era material goes, it's more than likely just bits and pieces of ideas that were gathered and used to form songs, etc. I highly doubt there's 3 complete albums of unreleased songs. Probably more like "instrumental #1, #2, #809909." 

Sadly, I believe your right. 

16 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

As far as CD era material goes, it's more than likely just bits and pieces of ideas that were gathered and used to form songs, etc. I highly doubt there's 3 complete albums of unreleased songs. Probably more like "instrumental #1, #2, #809909." 

which means it has absolutley zero connection to GNR whatsoever, given that the only connection that A&F had with Guns n Roses was Axl and he is probably not featured on instrumental tracks

16 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Vaults? Wrong act. Gene Simmons provides a Vault,

the-vault-exploded-shot-email-v2.jpeg?it

And he will even deliver it in person! You could afford a private jet for what he is charging for it, but irrespective... - there it is.  

i dont have any money at all but i would seriously get myself in debt and get all the money I could possibily get from banks and friends and family and from begging on the street and from getting 3 jobs or whatever it took if there was a GNR vault like that being offered

reportedly it contains ALL THE SONGS GENE EVER RECORDED, right?

including demos and home made recordings etc etc etc making an incredible 167 tracks of unreleased, unheard material from his 50-year career, right?

i heard gene has been delivering it in person and even playing some stupid jams at peoples houses. now id love GNR (or at least izzy with axl and/or slash and/or steven) to deliver something like that in person and do a stupid jam in my house!

On 2/13/2018 at 7:12 PM, Whisky said:

There are many points why this has not been released until today. And, as they have already said, these things would not make a profit today. But, what else do they need?

They all have their retirement guaranteed, what is the problem in pleasing the fans with these materials? Either way, there are many questions and no answers.

Who's "they"? Who "already said these things would not make a profit today"? Whoever it is/was only needs to read my post detailing exactly how to make a profit with Vault releases.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:10 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I feel so robbed.. So many bands release so much shit..  I just want some good quality, awesome old school, pro shot, behind the scenes or anything else, from the old days that I haven't seen.  I need a great pro shot show from the glory days to get drunk and watch.  I love the Ritz and still do throw it on a couple times a year but I need something else!  No one has to worry about NITL sales because when that DVD (I assume there will be one) comes out, I will buy it and enjoy that for what it is too, but hook us up!! Hell, even if it is a pro shot of a bootleg I have already seen.  Melbourne 88 was an awesome show but it would incredible to have remastered and complete.. Or even a mix of stuff... The only thing I wouldn't care for (but would prob still buy) would be another pro shot from 92.. Tokyo is out there already and can be tough to watch.. I never seek out shows from the 92 leg really...  93 would be bad ass though!

We're constantly getting the short end of the stick as GN'R fans. 

• Like 2

I am trying to rack my brains regarding a band who've been as reluctant to go into their archives, live or studio, as Guns N' Roses: 

Beatles (Live at the BBC, six-cd Anthology), Stones (continuous live archival releases and outtakes laden bonus discs for Exile and Sticky Fingers), Kiss (Kissologies, The Box Set), Queen (extra disc of outtakes with remasters, as well as live archival releases such as the Hammersmith dvd), Aerosmith (Pandora's Box), Dylan (The Bootleg Series), Neil Young (The Archives Vol. 1 1963–1972, and numerous live releases), Springsteen (4-cd Tracks), Metallica (just started doing big retrospective editions of their classic albums, commencing with Master of Puppets), Zeppelin (Coda, BBC Sessions, How the West Was Won, Led Zeppelin DVD, bonus discs with their remasters), The Who (also went the bonus tracks/remasters route, and multiple live releases), Crue (bonus tracks). Etc.

Guns literally only have Live Era and that came out in 1999!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am trying to rack my brains regarding a band who've been as reluctant to go into their archives, live or studio, as Guns N' Roses: 

Beatles (Live at the BBC, six-cd Anthology), Stones (continuous live archival releases and outtakes laden bonus discs for Exile and Sticky Fingers), Kiss (Kissologies, The Box Set), Queen (extra disc of outtakes with remasters, as well as live archival releases such as the Hammersmith dvd), Aerosmith (Pandora's Box), Dylan (The Bootleg Series), Neil Young (The Archives Vol. 1 1963–1972, and numerous live releases), Springsteen (4-cd Tracks), Metallica (just started doing big retrospective editions of their classic albums, commencing with Master of Puppets), Zeppelin (Coda, BBC Sessions, How the West Was Won, Led Zeppelin DVD, bonus discs with their remasters), The Who (also went the bonus tracks/remasters route, and multiple live releases), Crue (bonus tracks). Etc.

with a little bit of imagination and good will chinese is kind of an anthology in and of itself, spanning the era 1994 - 2008.

that does not say anything about the quality or comprehensiveness of the material, at all.

3 minutes ago, action said:

with a little bit of imagination and good will chinese is kind of an anthology in and of itself, spanning the era 1994 - 2008.

that does not say anything about the quality or comprehensiveness of the material, at all.

With the Chinese stuff it is more like he has one-two completed albums filed away in the Vault like Neil Young and Prince, although I suppose it is just a question of how one presents that material in future years. 

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

With the Chinese stuff it is more like he has one-two completed albums filed away in the Vault like Neil Young and Prince, although I suppose it is just a question of how one presents that material in future years. 

Given Rose's work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just hours of Buckethead, Finck, Slash and Huge/Tobias jam tapes which he counts as completed "songs".  The "advanced" experimental material he refers to in the below quotes are more than likely just prodigy/moby inspired stuff from the late 90's. The "vault" is probably comprised of dated artifacts documenting Rose's 90's musical tastes. Somewhere in there is a mastered Sean Beavan Chinese Democracy album from '99/2000 w/ Brian May. 

If Mr. Rose appeared more remote, his vision of the project became more grandiose, people involved with the band said. He directed that music produced by Mr. Baker be redone again, those people said. He now spoke of releasing not merely one album but a trilogy. 

By one count, the band kept roughly 20 songs it considered on the A list and another 40 or so in various stages of completion on the B list. [freese]

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/the-most-expensive-album-never-made.html

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon frère! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

"We recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time."

"We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs."

"It took working on the majority of these things and at least the couple albums' [worth] of material to figure out what should be on the first official Guns album."

"The first one is definitely more guitar-based."

"I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it."

"Why I chose to do it that way is that, you know, I can sit and write poetry 'til hell freezes over, and getting attached to any particular set of words... I felt that I would write to those words in a dated fashion, and we really wouldn't get the best music."

"I'm about three-quarters of the way through [with the vocals], and it's a very difficult process for me.

"There's not a whole lot for [the rest of the band] to do at this time in regards to recording, as we've recorded [a] majority of material."

"Maybe if it were to get closer to, say, mastering or mixing, maybe there could be something someone else could add to it."

"You know, basically taking the advance money for the record and actually spending it on the record."

CD2

"I wouldn't say it's like, you know, that we recorded a double album, or that we have all of our scraps to be the second one. There is a distinct difference in sound."

"We have material that we think is too advanced for old Guns fans to hear right now and they would completely hate."

"The second [album] leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars."

"We were exploring the use of computers [along with] everybody really playing their ass off and combining that, but trying to push the envelope a bit."

"It's like from scratch, learning how to work with something and not wanting it just to be something you did on a computer."

"What we're doing is exploring so, you know, you get a good idea, you save it, and then maybe you come back to it later."

"Maybe you get a good idea and you go, "That's really cool, but that's not what we're looking for. Okay, let's try something new.""

"It's like, "Hmm, I have to push the envelope a little too far. We'll wait on that." So we got a list of things."

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 6:31 PM, megaguns1982 said:

Pretty sure there would be a demo of You could be mine in the vault.

id love to hear that

Dont forget all the Illusion demos with Adler including the "naked" Illusion mixes Slash talks about before Axl raped those albums in the studio.

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

and thats not even an archive album because it has brand new, fresh, 1999 (unlistenable) studio vocals

8 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Given how much our boys like money, pretty surprising that Rose didn't unlock the dvd section of the vault yet and put them on official site.

if they charged just $15 a concert, I am pretty sure they would have more than enough to have Izzy become equally paid member.

best opening sentence in a thread this year! :rofl-lol:

i would add that they made enough money to have izzy and madonna and keith richards and gene simons employed on this tour as equally paid members!

7 hours ago, RONIN said:

Dont forget all the Illusion demos with Adler including the "naked" Illusion mixes Slash talks about before Axl raped those albums in the studio.

exactly

On 2/15/2018 at 7:02 PM, RONIN said:

Given Rose's work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just hours of Buckethead, Finck, Slash and Huge/Tobias jam tapes which he counts as completed "songs".  The "advanced" experimental material he refers to in the below quotes are more than likely just prodigy/moby inspired stuff from the late 90's. The "vault" is probably comprised of dated artifacts documenting Rose's 90's musical tastes. Somewhere in there is a mastered Sean Beavan Chinese Democracy album from '99/2000 w/ Brian May. 

If Mr. Rose appeared more remote, his vision of the project became more grandiose, people involved with the band said. He directed that music produced by Mr. Baker be redone again, those people said. He now spoke of releasing not merely one album but a trilogy. 

By one count, the band kept roughly 20 songs it considered on the A list and another 40 or so in various stages of completion on the B list. [freese]

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/the-most-expensive-album-never-made.html

"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon frère! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

"We recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time."

"It took working on the majority of these things and at least the couple albums' [worth] of material to figure out what should be on the first official Guns album."

"I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it."

"Why I chose to do it that way is that, you know, I can sit and write poetry 'til hell freezes over, and getting attached to any particular set of words... I felt that I would write to those words in a dated fashion, and we really wouldn't get the best music."

"I'm about three-quarters of the way through [with the vocals], and it's a very difficult process for me.

"There's not a whole lot for [the rest of the band] to do at this time in regards to recording, as we've recorded [a] majority of material."

"Maybe if it were to get closer to, say, mastering or mixing, maybe there could be something someone else could add to it."

"You know, basically taking the advance money for the record and actually spending it on the record."

CD2

"I wouldn't say it's like, you know, that we recorded a double album, or that we have all of our scraps to be the second one. There is a distinct difference in sound."

"We have material that we think is too advanced for old Guns fans to hear right now and they would completely hate."

"The second [album] leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars."

"We were exploring the use of computers [along with] everybody really playing their ass off and combining that, but trying to push the envelope a bit."

"It's like from scratch, learning how to work with something and not wanting it just to be something you did on a computer."

"What we're doing is exploring so, you know, you get a good idea, you save it, and then maybe you come back to it later."

"Maybe you get a good idea and you go, "That's really cool, but that's not what we're looking for. Okay, let's try something new.""

"It's like, "Hmm, I have to push the envelope a little too far. We'll wait on that." So we got a list of things."

Haha

He's dead right about material being "to advanced" for guns fans. Even alot of the "late" released CD stuff is to far ahead for most of the average guns fans. I could just imagine all the crying if it was actually released years earlier. Where'd the 80s go???

Shut up!

Edited by Order of Nine

3 minutes ago, Original said:

(I haven’t read this entire thread so apologize if covered).   Wasnt the original plan to film the entire UYI’s our and release a documentary deal?   Like offstage footage as well as all the shows.    So in theory this footage is somewhere.  

That was Del James's documentary. Perfect Crime it was called if memory serves. It was basically complete (at least a rough cut?) but then locked away in - yes, you guessed it? - the vault!!

I think there are a few bits and bobs from it on youtube. This maybe,

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That was Del James's documentary. Perfect Crime it was called if memory serves. It was basically complete (at least a rough cut?) but then locked away in - yes, you guessed it? - the vault!!

correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t this the documentary that Donald Trump was going to personally finance?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/02/2018 at 12:12 PM, SlashisGOD said:

Caram reckons there is over 100 unheard songs

Edited by Gibbo

On 15/02/2018 at 10:02 PM, RONIN said:

CD2

are these axl quotes from the ANF era?

all of them?

i remember some but not all of them

and some are completely insane!

On 17/02/2018 at 6:29 PM, DieselDaisy said:

these are Robert John tapes

i think it was a whole different camera crew that was hired to record the illusion tour