30 years ago today Guns N' Roses play their 2nd gig in Los Angeles with the AFD lineup at the Stardust Ballroom

There was some audio up on the Enhanced book site. which is now gone but someone made some youtube clips out of them

Cool stuff, man. Thanks for posting.

wow sound quality is terrific!

mama kin and dont cry sound great!

Marc is there a chance of sharing the full show?

thanks!

:headbang:

There was some audio up on the Enhanced book site. which is now gone but someone made some youtube clips out of them

thanks!

I can't just put all that out. Maybe one day the band will want to put out a very cool box set of the early stuff and if so I will work with them on doing that. There was some gigs that did get out because some of the girlfriends had copies of the Videos that I made and loaned them out to other friends. Those are now up all over youtube for you guys to enjoy. One of the reasons that I worked with the publisher that put out Reckless Road was because they had a way of using some audio for the online part of the book. I thought how cool would that be to hear some snibits of what the band sounded like to go with the photos and stories from those gigs. It really made you feel that you were there at the gig.

yes, thats awesome. But Marc.....as there are a couple of videos out from your 1986 footage.....it couldnt hurt to get one master copy for the fans? like a nice upgrade from one of the Roxy86 shows? i mean, we all have them already! it would just be a sweet little upgrade for us from your work and from our favourite band! and seeing that chances are about ZERO that Axl officially is goin to release any slash related stuff.....we as fans are really the one suffering.

so this is the show where We're an American Band cover came from, thanks

No it came from the 2nd time they played the Stardust Ballroom 8/30/85 but the guy that put that Youtube clip together made a mistake and also added it.

so this is the show where We're an American Band cover came from, thanks

No it came from the 2nd time they played the Stardust Ballroom 8/30/85 but the guy that put that Youtube clip together made a mistake and also added it.

wow, thanks for the info

thanks!

I can't just put all that out. Maybe one day the band will want to put out a very cool box set of the early stuff and if so I will work with them on doing that. There was some gigs that did get out because some of the girlfriends had copies of the Videos that I made and loaned them out to other friends. Those are now up all over youtube for you guys to enjoy. One of the reasons that I worked with the publisher that put out Reckless Road was because they had a way of using some audio for the online part of the book. I thought how cool would that be to hear some snibits of what the band sounded like to go with the photos and stories from those gigs. It really made you feel that you were there at the gig.

Thanks for the answer Marc

I have all the 1985, 1986 recordings that you made and that are available

i have listened some of them so much that I know some of those recordings by heart

(like the Music Machine and the Street Scene recordings)

If you can, someday, share the recordings you have, Its gonna be...

Wow i dont think there is a proper word to describe it!

They are a treasure and I hope you can share them someday

Thanks!

The Joneses were great :headbang:

Not very original, but Marc do you remember what especially Duff and Izzy thought of them? Too much Johnny Thunders(y) or liking them cause of that?

Do you remember what kind of reputation (as a band in L.A.) they had before and after GN´R-gig(s)?

Edited by makkonen