The ten best songs of Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.

Towelie

10. Wasted Away
Centred around a melancholic single-note motif repeated throughout, this song about unfulfilled dreams is one of the highlights from Ron's Forgotten Anthology collection.

9. Thank You
A brilliant juxtaposition exists between the punk-rock musicality of this song and its poignant lyrics giving thanks to a loved one who's passed on. It features a surprising musical breakdown which wouldn't sound out of place played by a marching band with bagpipes before launching back into the crunchy punk-rock power chords. Brilliant stuff.

8. Never Again
The autobiographical closing track from Ron's most recent album is the kind of pop-rock/Foo Fighters-esque song that Ron seems to be able to write in his sleep. An anthemic chorus complete with backing vocal chants from a 100-strong crowd make for one hell of a rousing finale.

7. Ronalds Coming Back Now
The final track from Ron's brilliantly quirky and mad Uncool album. Mixing elements of world music and hard rock, this track is irresistible and I challenge anyone to listen to this and not dance around the house like a maniac! Chacha!

6. Abnormal
This is the first of three picks from Ron's brilliant 2008 album of the same name. It successfully manages to blend the spirit of garage rock with elements of punk and some tasty Brian May-esque lead lines and Ron's crazy virtuosic fretwork.

5. She Knows
This Beatles-esque mid-tempo track features an impressive vocal delivery and an instantly catchy hook.

4. Turn Around
An example of a song where the guitar solo is a full on composition unto itself. The hard rock verses contrast its understated acoustic chorus before launching into what is undoubtedly one of the best guitar solos I've ever heard.

3. Argentina
This epic rock anthem from 2015's Little Brother Is Watching clocks in at almost seven minutes and packs in more riffs, hooks and musical changes than most bands manage on an entire album. Whilst the GNR influence is undoubtedly apparent on this track, Ron still makes it entirely his own.

2. Piranha
A killer pinch harmonics riff underlies this aggressive, punchy rock track, complete with insane tapping throughout, a growly vocal delivery and a rousing, tempo-increased finale. Awesome stuff.

1. Dash
Lyrically, this song is a philosophical contemplation of lifes defining events, and wasted opportunities. Centred around a memorable eight-bar power chord sequence, this song is both powerful and thought-provoking in equal measures.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Ron has quite a lot of good songs that a top 10 is a bit difficult to me.

Invisible

She Knows

Argentina

Women Rule The World

Dash

Father

Shadow

Meat

Delilah

Turn Around

Honorable mentions : Catfight with Mark Tornillo, the too much catchy Overloaded, Breaking and of course Guitars Suck!.

Edited by Silent Jay

ron is a joke

Fuck off out of this thread if you don't like his music.

Ron has quite a lot of good songs that a top 10 is a bit difficult to me.

Invisible

She Knows

Argentina

Women Rule The World

Dash

Father

Shadow

Meat

Delilah

Turn Around

Honorable mentions : Catfight with Mark Tornillo, the too much catchy Overloaded, Breaking and of course Guitars Suck!.

Some great choices there. I love Father, Invisible and Shadow especially.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...