Marc, have you ever witnessed GNR writing songs?

ludurigan

I watch them work on Rocket Queen, Broonstone, Its so easy, SCOM and Your Crazy

That's really cool. Was it a case of Izzy just coming up with a riff on the spot, and Slash and Duff just play whatever that inspires? that's how I imagine they wrote Brownstone.

Must have been amazing to witness SCOM being worked on as well.

They were a great team, they just knew how to make it work for the best. Whatever one of the guys added seemed to fit the song well. Also the thing about Slash's solos is for the most part, what ever he ripped out the first time they played the song is preaty much the something you hear on the record. Really all of them just worked together well to get songs done no matter who was the one to get a song started.

• Like 1

Marc, do you know if they wrote most (or some) of the songs on acoustic guitars first?

I think You're Crazy started on acoustic. It would also make sense because they put that one together while living at the Fountain apartment which also meant there was no way to really play there on electric.

• 2 weeks later...

I watch them work on Rocket Queen, Broonstone, Its so easy, SCOM and Your Crazy

Fuck that is so cool, man~! Especially Rocket Queen... so many cool little parts.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

Must be so weird to have witnessed that and then have them be not on speaking terms.

Edited by Ant