Moderation Discussion

Towelie

20 hours ago, downzy said:

Because there's not much to discuss nor do we think it's all that important.  Pitman is clearly misinformed and has refused the numerous occasions when we've attempted to clarify the matter.  It really isn't GNR news but business as it relates to this forum.  We're not saying that it can't be discussed, but we really don't want to give any more attention to senseless situation.  

Thanks for you answer. I still don't agree though. Just now I saw someone else making a thread about it. At this moment, there isn't a lot to discuss about GNR, as we're given no information. That will change soon, no doubt, but as of now, we're still trying to figure out who the lineup might be. Pitman alluded to that. I would think that is at least somewhat relevant to the band.

Plus people see the stuff coming up on social media and want to discuss it, even if it's not an important discussion, just for the fun of it. They see there's no thread about it yet, as they're all deleted, and they create a new one. They won't think of delving in the social media monster thread. So far I've seen three threads created, I don't know if there were more. That shows people want to discuss it, imo, even if it's senseless. Then again, we're hardly discussing serious world matters here anyway, are we? It seems weird we can discuss some matters ad nauseam and then this lighthearted subject is being swept under the carpet.

I would like to stress I wouldn't have made such a big deal about this if you'd just kept one thread open about it :P

Edited by Lio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Why was my Pittman out thread locked and yet Johnny Drama's was allowed? 

Because we like JD a lot more...

In seriousness, JD's included a linked article and wasn't focused on Pitman's comments about this forum.  

18 hours ago, downzy said:

Because we like JD a lot more...

In seriousness, JD's included a linked article and wasn't focused on Pitman's comments about this forum.  

Neither was my thread. 

He is after describing the upcoming tour as a "money grab" and "nostalgia tour" on his official facebook page.

He seems quite angry. Sounds like he is out to me. 

Given that there is a thread on whether Izzy is in or out I think this deserves its own thread too.

That was what I posted.