Megadeth

Marc,

I read in Slash's book where he almost joined Megadeth I think in 1990 or 1991 - Slash stated he wrote by far the heaviest material he had ever written jamming with Mustaine and Ellerson to the point they recorded some serious Demos's - Mustaine has been quoted as saying he wished the world could hear what he and Slash wrote- they were hanging out and getting high everyday according to Slash but it came very close to Slash accepting the gig. I would have loved to hear those Riffs ! any chance you heard any of that material - after reading the book and listening to Mustaine sounds like it came very close to them joining up !

Thank you

Edited by iceman51999

Marc,

I read in Slash's book where he almost joined Megadeth I think in 1990 or 1991 - Slash stated he wrote by far the heaviest material he had ever written jamming with Mustaine and Ellerson to the point they recorded some serious Demos's - Mustaine has been quoted as saying he wished the world could hear what he and Slash wrote- they were hanging out and getting high everyday according to Slash but it came very close to Slash accepting the gig. I would have loved to hear those Riffs ! any chance you heard any of that material - after reading the book and listening to Mustaine sounds like it came very close to them joining up !

Thank you

Wow, I read Slash's book, but it was a while ago and I completely forgot about this. That's insane, I'm a rather big Megadeth fan.... but if Slash joined in 90/91, that would have meant no Marty.... I think Megadeth was better off for having Marty for those 10 years.

But still, I'd love to hear the material Slash and Mustaine were doing. Slash is awesome when he gets heavy.

• Like 1

Wow, I read Slash's book, but it was a while ago and I completely forgot about this. That's insane, I'm a rather big Megadeth fan.... but if Slash joined in 90/91, that would have meant no Marty.... I think Megadeth was better off for having Marty for those 10 years.

It was awesome to have Marty, it was the peak. Mustaine & co. were never anywhere near that level of music before or after.

It was awesome to have Marty, it was the peak. Mustaine & co. were never anywhere near that level of music before or after.

I say they were pretty close with Gar behind the kit and Poland on guitar tho, but other than that I agree.

• Like 1

the fun thing about that

Mustaine has been quoted as saying he wished the world could hear what he and Slash wrote-

i dont understand this.

how come he said that?

it means that he doesnt have these recordings?

if he wishes the world could hear it then why doesnt he shares it on the internet?

it would take like 10 minutes for the entire world to be be able to hear that

id be in line!

• Like 1