DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

The funny thing is DJ actually has integrity as a musician. He got on board with the best intentions. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

He and Axl clicked on a personal level, DJ loved Guns and was influenced by Slash and wanted to take Guns forward.

But it don't really matter.

Just need a new guitarist and get Fortus in a lead role. Get that next album out in next 3-18 months and tour the record, touring without a new album would be pointless and a blatant cash grab.

Edited by wkuk04

DJ was a decent guitarist. Good producer and song writer. It's a loss but did he join to further his own ambitions? Once again all i can see is decent guitarists using the GNR name. It's shit. We need a stable band or the original band of brothers back cussing everyone out and producing excellent music and tours once again. It will never work otherwise. Just my opinion.

Part of what drew me to GNR in the first place was the "we dont give a fuck" attitude. Sadly lacking recently. Maybe tempers are high again towards certain recent ex-members? Maybe the shared different flavors of hate and anger will reunite the original classic GNR? Who knows.

Edited by Route66

Just cleaned up/purged the last two pages of this thread.

Attempts to sidetrack or disrupt the topic of conversation violates the rules. Please stay on topic. There is absolutely no need to introduce pictures of other band members in a thread about DJ quitting GNR.

Thanks!

DJ quitting the band was a bad sign...

I felt that he would have stayed if he thought Axl was touring next year. But the fact he probably isnt on the record might change things. Ron the same maybe. Fortus seems to be involved in the record so he's not quitting yet.

I felt that he would have stayed if he thought Axl was touring next year. But the fact he probably isnt on the record might change things. Ron the same maybe. Fortus seems to be involved in the record so he's not quitting yet.

Yup, hopefully its a creative issue rather than lack of anything at all happening.

I think Ron's issues go a lot farther than involvement (Or lack thereof) with CD 2. We know he's been unhappy with a lot since 2012 or so.

Just need a new guitarist and get Fortus in a lead role. Get that next album out in next 3-18 months and tour the record, touring without a new album would be pointless and a blatant cash grab.

New album out in 3-18 months?

Axl has said that he has TWO albums in the can. One of those albums features songs that are more than a decade old.

Why in the world would (or should) this band wait another year and a half to release music?

Axl has said that he has TWO albums in the can. One of those albums features songs that are more than a decade old.

Why in the world would (or should) this band wait another year and a half to release music?

If they want to wait until a new lineup is in place and release the album and tour simultaneously that would be a pretty good reason to wait at this point.

If they want to wait until a new lineup is in place and release the album and tour simultaneously that would be a pretty good reason to wait at this point.

It would be VERY DUMB to re record the re recorded stuff with 2 new guitarists, IF Axl Today starts to Master an album with 12 or 14 songs, it will take 1 to 2 months, there are many amazing guitarists who can easily play GNR songs, it will take them a few weeks or Max. a month to learn GNR songs, so wait for what? he can easily do this within 2 months time even if he starts TODAY.

• Like 1

Why?

I'm pretty sure Axl can hire two capable guitar players that can learn the GnR songs in a couple months.

There really isn't a reason that GnR couldn't release and tour a new album before Christmas.

18 months? There are bands that form, write a new album completely from scratch, and tour in that amount of time. Axl already has the majority of a band and two albums worth of material already recorded.

• Like 1

Waiting on new members has become the consistent excuse now? If that's the case, this is all a self-fulfilling prophecy by the inactivity always leading to members quitting. If you guys believe there has to be a new lineup in place before an album can be considered, GNR fans truly are cuckolds. The next excuse will be: they need to rerecord the new parts so their contributions can be heard. Followed by a couple of bad tours before people start really wondering again. Then another member leaves and it starts back at ground level.

Just a thought.. did Nikki Sixx give DJ Ashba a heads up about something coming up related to GNR?

Like a reunion? That would be doubtful.

Maybe Axl finally saw the pictures of Ashba and Slash together. Big no no

It's an interesting thought. What makes me wonder is exactly HOW Slash was able to confirm on a recent TV interview that a lot of the problems he had with Axl/GNR in the past are no longer there. To me that sounds like the start of people talking again. Maybe not directly but at the very least through someone or some people. Duff? or Legal teams? I dunno.. 2+2 probably = 5 though. This is GNR of course.

There's also the rumors around the last Vegas residency when Axl supposedly said some stuff

Edited by Route66

One person is forgotten in all this drama. Spare a thought for this person,

Dj-Slashba-Tattoo.jpg

They deserve it for making such a ridiculous decision.

HAHA. Yep. I do think it's "salvageable" artistically/"message"-wise with a sizable Sixx: A.M. logo somewhere (maybe on the bottom?). That's a lot of long-term commitment to Dj Ashba though...