DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

DJ quitting the band was a bad sign...

I felt that he would have stayed if he thought Axl was touring next year. But the fact he probably isnt on the record might change things. Ron the same maybe. Fortus seems to be involved in the record so he's not quitting yet.

I think Ron's issues go a lot farther than involvement (Or lack thereof) with CD 2. We know he's been unhappy with a lot since 2012 or so.
Thats bcos he had little or no say in creative direction past his parts or even say in where and when. If he knew for a fact next cd released next year with tour, would he still leave? I think the final nail must be its not really my record. Your basically touring to promote other peoples royalties. When you talk about creativity and new music then how can you tour for 10 years with no creative output?

Dj lived the dream and left. If Axl was like we putting out your songs as GNR he surely would have stayed?

Just need a new guitarist and get Fortus in a lead role. Get that next album out in next 3-18 months and tour the record, touring without a new album would be pointless and a blatant cash grab.

New album out in 3-18 months?

Axl has said that he has TWO albums in the can. One of those albums features songs that are more than a decade old.

Why in the world would (or should) this band wait another year and a half to release music?

Why in the world did they waiting till now?

It's Axl Rose, you can't arguing with time frames. It can happens now. It could happen in 3 years... or never. I don't believe Fernando knows it. Shit, I don't even believe Axl knows it.

• Like 1

Just a thought.. did Nikki Sixx give DJ Ashba a heads up about something coming up related to GNR?

Like a reunion? That would be doubtful.

Maybe Axl finally saw the pictures of Ashba and Slash together. Big no no

It's an interesting thought. What makes me wonder is exactly HOW Slash was able to confirm on a recent TV interview that a lot of the problems he had with Axl/GNR in the past are no longer there. To me that sounds like the start of people talking again. Maybe not directly but at the very least through someone or some people. Duff? or Legal teams? I dunno.. 2+2 probably = 5 though. This is GNR of course.

There's also the rumors around the last Vegas residency when Axl supposedly said some stuff

My money's on Duff clearing up some of the tension or at least getting Axl's side of things during their patch-up convo Duff mentioned in his book. Slash is usually evasive on the topic, but his evasiveness had taken a different tone recently.

It makes you wonder if there was even a band for DJ to quit when he released that statement...we know Ron said the Vegas residency was the end for him, maybe it wasn't just the end of his time as a "Gunner" but the whole band?

If true, it's for the best.

Axl, call Slash!

Right, one more time for the stragglers...

No plans for a tour

No sign of an album

Axl sends everyone their parting gifts

Two members are confirmed to no longer be involved.

That's all the evidence that the band is over. Now let's look at all the evidence that it still exists:

Right.

• Like 1

Permanently or just a break?

Some rumors were that it was permanent others were that it was a break. Was never really clear. Also, there was Axl mentioning reunion of sorts in or around that story too. Some "source" was talking to Del at the residency.

Supposedly told the band their GnR calender is empty, find something better to do.

Supposedly told the band their GnR calender is empty, find something better to do.

Who said this?

Some "source" talking to Del at the last Vegas residency.

Right, one more time for the stragglers...

No plans for a tour

No sign of an album

Axl sends everyone their parting gifts

Two members are confirmed to no longer be involved.

That's all the evidence that the band is over. Now let's look at all the evidence that it still exists:

Right.

Do you remember wich members got the gift from Axl? Im pretty sure some members didnt get it

(Or atleast didnt share it on social media)

Edited by GNRfanMILO

This

DJ Ashba only had to quit Guns n Roses to have the people that rejected him love him and miss him now!

Not me !

This

Who's missing DJ??

But most of all, THIS

I'd like to one day awaken to realize the Dj-era was all just a dream like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz.

Axl will never learn, when Ashba leaves you know the guy is still on Axl time, he might release the sequel by his 60th birthday, and it'll be the songs he sometimes tinkered on from 2009-14 which were from the CD sessions and let Bumblefoot play a solo on one or two.

Ok, with Ashba officially out, it's now up to reunion or we will never see Guns N' Roses again I guess.

Ashba's farewell letter:

You welcomed me into your lives with open arms and showed me love and support that I could only have dreamed of.I'm not gonna lie...I was terrified!! But you were so accepting. You immediately turned my fear into pride. For that, I am truly grateful.

Dj Ashba

Okay, which one of you deluded fuckers is he talking about?

I had some nice things to say about both Ron and Dj. Was looking forward to a Dj Axl song. Liked the parts Ron added to CD, gave it a prog metal edge and added some dirty rhythmn bits.

Dj was more the star guitarist they needed to tour. He has some sort of presence and charisma.

His name was Dj. He lived the dream.

• Like 1