DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

Just saw this :) funny how he takes the gtr off after he solo pretending it was out of tune... when he obviously just overshot the mark. Maybe he didn't know his guitar was in tune, would not be surprised... probably just trying to save face.

Just listened this to this. I find it fantastic how Axl can still, after 20 years, sing this this great. He starts off in his soft, mellow voice and then raises it a couple of times (already demonstraing a larger range than most singers) before staring with the raspy voice at the end and hitting the highs. Just amazing.

I would've personally loved to have witnessed a lineup with both DJ Ashba and Slash in it. I think a lineup like that helps solidify support across multiple generations of fans of multiple eras of I the band. I think now they have to go out and get another big-time gunslinger to pair with Slash. I'm not sure if they still have a shot at Page or May.

I would've personally loved to have witnessed a lineup with both DJ Ashba and Slash in it. I think a lineup like that helps solidify support across multiple generations of fans of multiple eras of I the band. I think now they have to go out and get another big-time gunslinger to pair with Slash. I'm not sure if they still have a shot at Page or May.

Dj Ashba? Hell no!

Why do they have to get a big time gunslinger opposite Slash? They didn't need one before.

Just saw this :) funny how he takes the gtr off after he solo pretending it was out of tune... when he obviously just overshot the mark. Maybe he didn't know his guitar was in tune, would not be surprised... probably just trying to save face.

Just listened this to this. I find it fantastic how Axl can still, after 20 years, sing this this great. He starts off in his soft, mellow voice and then raises it a couple of times (already demonstraing a larger range than most singers) before staring with the raspy voice at the end and hitting the highs. Just amazing.

He still has trouble with the strength of the falsetto there, it's very wavering and weak but his lower registers were great there.

The solo, well suppose not much Ashba can do about it if he didn't know it was out of tune, he half rescued it, someone like BBF would have corrected it and improvised after only a few notes though.

He still has trouble with the strength of the falsetto there, it's very wavering and weak but his lower registers were great there.

The solo, well suppose not much Ashba can do about it if he didn't know it was out of tune, he half rescued it, someone like BBF would have corrected it and improvised after only a few notes though.

The thing is, the guitar is perfectly tuned. He's just missing all the notes :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6SspsUKlI&index=14&list=RDGbaYlbHKVYE Just saw this :) funny how he takes the gtr off after he solo pretending it was out of tune... when he obviously just overshot the mark. Maybe he didn't know his guitar was in tune, would not be surprised... probably just trying to save face.

The thing is, the guitar is perfectly tuned. He's just missing all the notes :lol:

Precisely! That guitar is 100% in tune.

I remember meeting DJ after a Guns show in AC. I was doing some boozing. Asked him where the groupies were cause I just took a gas station enhancement pill. He was alright. Definitely doesn't deserve the shit net boys give him. Little guy; all of the guys in Guns n Roses were really small.

so he hooked you up right?

No, so we tried to find Axl's room but no sign of any parties on the top floor suites. DJ owes me 3 groupies

• Like 1