DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

I don't buy the whole "Axl's priority is working on new material." Axl is focused on new material and wants to complete an album, right? But... he doesn't care if the musicians that work with him performing part of that material live come and go? He now needs 2 lead guitarists.

I have a very hard time believing it too. We've just been through this so many times. And the one thing that continues to stick out like a sore thumb to me is that Axl said the fucking album was finished. It's like the one thing he's said in years. So which is it? Is the album done or is he working on it? Which one is the lie?

Both. If it was done it'd come out, if they were working on shit then bandmembers wouldn't be dropping like flies. I refuse to believe that any consistent work is done on ANY fuckin' album and it still take like 8 to 10 years to release, thats just plain bollocks. Actually, not plain ones, saggy ginger pubed ones :lol:

• Like 3

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, no bumblefoot, no ashba, this is the worst shape the band has been in since the 90s....

I rather see Axl play with a bunch of nobodies than have him play with ppl who think they are really cool. Like Axl=GNR NOT Axl, bumblefoot, DJ Ashba=GNR

Axl has been playing with a bunch of nobodies for years! Haven't you people been paying attention at all?! :huh:

Nobodies as in we don't even know their name and they don't try to make their own music or clothing lines.

Before GnR, nobody knew their names. ;)

As I said a few days ago, if your interest is in new music versus another tour, this development should be considered as good news.

I can also confirm that regardless of who is in the band and who is out of the band, work continues on new material.

that we don't get to listen.

What work is being done?

Axl said he had two completed albums.

I believe that quote is over a year old.

Is he working on the follow up to CD2?

Or maybe Axl is going to beat the Illusions and release three albums in 2016?

Fortus should quit on Axl too, just for the lulz.

Fortus is probably the least memberey member of GnR, I mean it's pretty clear that he's just a guitarist for hire type. Didn't I see him playing for Rihanna once?

Britney Spears too I guess

If anyone at Team Brazil (Incorporating GNR) had any sense and there in fact was any new (a word which here anachronistically means 'started 15+ years ago') music completed, now would be a great time for a free download song. Show the fanbase 'hey, it's not the end! There is a future - stay tuned for the next serving of GNR in 2016/17).

But nah, say nothing, release nothing, continue being the punchline of the rock world.

• Like 2

Axl can't unleash a new album/tour/band with two brand new guitar players. Not after losing the original band, then losing Robin/Bucket.

So either Bumble will be back.

Or, once Slash's current tour is over - reunion.

Those have to be the only two options.

Can you imagine Axl rolling out with another version of the band with two new guitar players? The jokes that would bring from everybody?

This is awesome, mainly because it was the only ONE way for GNR to move on: whether to something new, to a reunion or to.. Axl's retirement.

I doubt this is going to inspire lazy Uncle Axl to get off his couch and do something productive.

If and when we do hear from him again, it'll just be another Chinese Democracy-Jungle-It's So Easy-My Brownstone-Richard Fortus solo-Live & Let Die tour only without Ashba. I suppose that's an improvement of sorts, but hardly cause for celebration.

Edited by Towelie

Axl can't unleash a new album/tour/band with two brand new guitar players. Not after losing the original band, then losing Robin/Bucket.

So either Bumble will be back.

Or, once Slash's current tour is over - reunion.

Those have to be the only two options.

Can you imagine Axl rolling out with another version of the band with two new guitar players? The jokes that would bring from everybody?

Beta and Fernando on the Guitar

• Like 4

I don't buy the whole "Axl's priority is working on new material." Axl is focused on new material and wants to complete an album, right? But... he doesn't care if the musicians that work with him performing part of that material live come and go? He now needs 2 lead guitarists.

I have a very hard time believing it too. We've just been through this so many times. And the one thing that continues to stick out like a sore thumb to me is that Axl said the fucking album was finished. It's like the one thing he's said in years. So which is it? Is the album done or is he working on it? Which one is the lie?

Both. If it was done it'd come out, if they were working on shit then bandmembers wouldn't be dropping like flies. I refuse to believe that any consistent work is done on ANY fuckin' album and it still take like 8 to 10 years to release, thats just plain bollocks. Actually, not plain ones, saggy ginger pubed ones :lol:

Well said.

And even if Axl is truly working on a new album. Featuring who? Buckethead who left in 2004? Finck who left in 2008? Brain who left in 2006? Bumblefoot who left in 2014? Ashba who left in 2015? :lol: I refuse to believe that Axl is still thinking that he "is" Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1

Fortus is probably the least memberey member of GnR, I mean it's pretty clear that he's just a guitarist for hire type. Didn't I see him playing for Rihanna once?

I don't know, Fortus refused to join both Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie's band to stay in Axl's band ( true story... ).

I don't know, Fortus refused to join both Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie's band to stay in Axl's band ( true story... ).

Axl's band has the money

Can I jog your member memory?.....if Fortus is the least memberey, who would you consider to be demonstrably the biggest member in Guns N' Roses? And is he in fact, one of the biggest members in all of music?

As I said a few days ago, if your interest is in new music versus another tour, this development should be considered as good news. I can also confirm that regardless of who is in the band and who is out of the band, work continues on new material.

Any info on why Axl can tweet inanities but chooses to filter any news about progress on his music third or fourth-hand through the moderator of an unofficial forum? Not meaning to be facetious, I just genuinely don't get it. Axl is either happy for people to know he's working on music or he isn't. If he is, why doesn't he say so himself?

Axl hasn't confirmed anything with me (and I think it's a fair assumption that he isn't confirming news with anyone else). He's a private guy who chooses to go about his business however he sees fit. From what I hear, his main priority is on unreleased material; communicating with fans on where he's at on that front is way down the list.

Axl can be private. He can keep working on music, that´s fine. But it is insane to keep changing band members every 5 years. I know that Finck could return. So what? Sooner or later he´ll quit again. So Axl is gonna hire yet another guy? Sorry this bullshit has stop!