DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

I want to know the real reason he quit.

What is so distracting with GNR from sixx am and his family(a wife who travels with him) ???

Perhaps because he finally realised that Axl had no intentions of using any of his songs/riffs/solos and hired him solely to cover the parts of Slash and Robin?

Edited by Towelie

No one thought that Axl could have replaced Slash and Duff, but it happened.

I don't know how to feel about this. The man was a total wank and a joke, but this will push back any potential release of new music, which would have been far fetched anyway. In saying that, DJ should never have been in a position to record parts to replace Finck or Buckethead. I would much rather the rest of the Chinese Democracy sessions before any reunion. We need to close that chapter, and by doing so, we need the rest of that material.

Well, everyone who argued that the 'songs' Ashba said he was working on with Axl in every single interview would never actually manifest has now been proven correct.

Call Ron, he's better than the old one...

I have a feeling that his contract got over too, he is in the band since when? 5 years or 6 years, he knows the band will do no shit and isn't doing anything and I guess TB were only offering him a contract of 5 more years, so he would have thought to just move on

I think it's quite telling that a guy like DJ Ashba decided to quit Axl's band. Just imagine how good it would be to his ego to have one of his songs under the GnR (prostituted) name?

Things must be REEAALLY slow, I mean, almost dead-slow to make him quit the 'band" for good, he didn't even try to work around both schedules. When Ashba says - This is it! It means something.

Downzy is a great mod and person from what I can tell, but I feel the guy is being overly positive because of his position - wishing to keep this place at least a lil bit optimistic - or is being naive. There's no reason to believe new music is being worked on.

Axl lied in the Revolver interview when he said his album was done. Whoever is updating Downzy is basically lying or being lied to by Axl. Axl is a manipulator, lazy, the worst kind of liar there is, always blaming someone/thing else.

The medicated drama queen won't ptobably say a word about it, just another guy leaving his solo project, he surely ain't surprised. Lots of respect for Ashba for being honest about it. Ron should do the same.

• Like 1

Foetus has outlasted 4 guitar players. He originally auditioned to be lead. Make the poor guy fucking lead guitar already.

It would be nice if finck and bucket came back. Finck is definitely possible, bucket is unlikely though...

Whoever comes in will have to rerecord the parts written by huge, rerecorded by bucket, rerecorded by finck, rerecorded by bumble, and rerecorded by ashba.

You know there's no hope when even Ashba jumps off this sinking ship. What exactly did he do with this particular line up? What will he do different with the next one? I refuse to accept Axl would contemplate a reunion so that's not the answer.

Edited by RandallFlagg

Lots of respect for Ashba for being honest about it. Ron should do the same.

That's the most admirable thing DJ has done since joining the band. I love me some Ron, but he's acted like a complete dick about his position in the band over the last 12 months.

"...I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band Sixx:A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me. I have always been driven by my passion for creating music and Sixx:A.M. has always been a place where I can express myself honestly and share that passion with my two brothers and bandmates, Nikki Sixx and James Michael..."

It seems clear that for the creative spirits in GNR, depending on Axl for releases and not being able to function as a band has got to a point where they feel completely shackled and unable to do what they want to do: make music and release it.

It's sad. So much music that has already been recorded and that will never be released for whatever reason (not being up to Axl's standards? The label not willing to release it? Axl not giving a fuck? A reunion on the works?)... Bumblefoot wanted to make music, so he left (or so it seems). Ashba... same thing. Finck also left cause there was nothing happening. So we have Fortus who will stay as long as the money keeps coming and Dizzy who seems to be loyal to Axl because if it wasn't for him, he would have never made it anywhere.

I stopped expecting anything from GN'R a while ago, but it's still painful and sad to see the whole thing slowly falling apart.

At this point I think the best that could happen is break up the band once and for all. I would still like to hear new music from Axl (maybe as a new band, or as a solo artist), but I don't expect anything.

Why does Axl keep hiring guitar players who love creating new music.........if he has no interest in creating and sharing new music with his millions of fans?

Foetus has outlasted 4 guitar players. He originally auditioned to be lead. Make the poor guy fucking lead guitar already.

It would be nice if finck and bucket came back. Finck is definitely possible, bucket is unlikely though...

Whoever comes in will have to rerecord the parts written by huge, rerecorded by bucket, rerecorded by finck, rerecorded by bumble, and rerecorded by ashba.

Foetus? I heard he sucks...

resize_php_2412460b.jpg

• Like 2

Lots of respect for Ashba for being honest about it. Ron should do the same.

That's the most admirable thing DJ has done since joining the band. I love me some Ron, but he's acted like a complete dick about his position in the band over the last 12 months.

Yeah, I'm quite socked he quit. One would think Axl fired him.