DJ Ashba quits Guns N' Roses

I thought Ashba could bring something to the table with maybe songwriting & material when he joined because of his work with Motley Crüe & Sixx Am but his whole being rubbed me the wrong way. This should be an opportunity to get someone in who connects with the fan base and is respected by the rock & music community. I really hope this is not the end of my favourite rock group.

Although Jimmy Page said he will tour next year I doubt he will. He will be 72 or 73 if and when his new material comes out ! But a collab with him and Axl would really be of the high standard that Axl I think misses!

Edited by Janis

I've seen all the legends of rock perform altho they are older now when I saw them but Axl had the best presence out of all of them. He is prob the third best concert I've been to and that is only because I saw legends Tina Turner and Led Zep in 2007. I'm saying this because it is clear that we can't judge Axl like any other normal bandleader coz he is not. His extreme perfectionism and insecurity has got to the point that his best friend and ally in the band, DJ, is even leaving. Altho I don't think Ashba is a very good guitarist, Axl has appeared the happiest on tour since this guy came into the band and they get on well. I sympathise with Ashba because I think her really though he was making an album with Gnr. His material prob wasn't good enough and Axl has very high standards. However I think it's time t=for Axl to put aside the perfectionism, and just release average stuff for his own mental health and to just get writing again!

Axl is far from a perfectionist. Just listen to CD and take a look at its booklet. A perfectionist would never release that Vegas DVD without rerecording vocals either.

I've seen all the legends of rock perform altho they are older now when I saw them but Axl had the best presence out of all of them. He is prob the third best concert I've been to and that is only because I saw legends Tina Turner and Led Zep in 2007. I'm saying this because it is clear that we can't judge Axl like any other normal bandleader coz he is not. His extreme perfectionism and insecurity has got to the point that his best friend and ally in the band, DJ, is even leaving. Altho I don't think Ashba is a very good guitarist, Axl has appeared the happiest on tour since this guy came into the band and they get on well. I sympathise with Ashba because I think her really though he was making an album with Gnr. His material prob wasn't good enough and Axl has very high standards. However I think it's time t=for Axl to put aside the perfectionism, and just release average stuff for his own mental health and to just get writing again!

Axl is far from a perfectionist. Just listen to CD and take a look at its booklet. A perfectionist would never release that Vegas DVD without rerecording vocals either.

Didn't Axl say that the album was rush released before he could finish the booket? I didn't even know a Vegas Dvd was released. Is it avail in shops and Amazon? So he released a concert dvd with no promotion? Sorry Haven't been on here in awhile.

I thought Ashba could bring something to the table with maybe songwriting & material when he joined because of his work with Motley Crüe & Sixx Am but his whole being rubbed me the wrong way. This should be an opportunity to get someone in who connects with the fan base and is respected by the rock & music community. I really hope this is not the end of my favourite rock group.

Hey nice to see you here lol, the band was over ages ago, Axl will just release the already recorded stuff god knows when, most prob. they would contact Fink and most prob Ron would come back and they will do the nostalgic tours.

Didn't Axl say that the album was rush released before he could finish the booket? I didn't even know a Vegas Dvd was released. Is it avail in shops and Amazon? So he released a concert dvd with no promotion? Sorry Haven't been on here in awhile.

I would recommend NOT to buy it, he sounds Awful, this is one of the clips from the DVD

I don't even know what to say.

Honestly, I almost feel this will make Axl hate Slash even more. Think about it: how can they ever be friends now or even speak again? It was one thing when Axl had a band he seemed he was sorta comfortable with. It looked like both Slash and Axl had moved on. Now what does Slash do? Try to contact Axl, when Axl would probably just yell at him that Slash is the reason all of this happened in the first place? In a way, Slash reaching out in any capacity is just rubbing salt in the wounds that "Axl's band", that he's spent 20 years trying to move on with, is over and done with. Aside from the fact that I don't think Slash would lower himself to playing with Axl sounding like he is these days.

Its funny how in GNR land you always think something could never happen till it does.

Are you referring to the instagram post? I didn't get the reference. The body putting the skull back on the head....what is it meant to mean?

This is not good for GNR. If Axl puts another band of enthusiastic employees together and goes on tour without releasing any new original music then I will cry.

At least Dj left with positive things to say and wished Axl all the best and all that. He really seemed proud to be GNR's guitarist so it sucks that ANOTHER person has left because of the inactivity, negativity and lack of creativity or sign of progress.

Surprising? Nope.

Edited by NEU-YORK
  • Like 1

Are you referring to the instagram post? I didn't get the reference. The body putting the skull back on the head....what is it meant to mean?

No, I don't know what that post meant and also don't think it referred to Ashba. I think he just posted it. I just mean that Slash reaching out now when Axl is at his lowest could make Axl even angrier than he's been at him because in the end, Axl's career is relatively done and quiet whereas Slash seems very happy. Its like an old friend reaching out thats doing great to one thats living on the streets and saying "hows it going?"

I would recommend NOT to buy it, he sounds Awful, this is one of the clips from the DVD

nk

Thanks, clearly his rasp and power has diminished over the years as he was not using a good technique to begin with. He could force it when he was younger but now his voice is just not going to hold up. He is a natural baritone and his voice on the versus of Patience and don't cry is still good. I wish he would use that part of his voice more often. He has a great natural voice without all that put on rasp!