Would you get excited if Duff and Izzy returned splitting lead and rythem guitar?

Would you get excited if Duff returned as lead guitar and Izzy as rhythm guitar, vice versa or switching off?

Granted neither is Slash, but with Duff and Izzy back in the song writing mix, would you get excited? Or would you not care because it wasn't Slash and they are "just Rhythm guitarists"?

Personally, I would be stoked if this happened. I'd reserve judgment on how it would sound until I actually heard it.

Edited by DeadSlash

if Izzy is such a genius, shouldn't he already have mastered the guitar and finally play the lead?

I mean, it's not 1985 and he doesn't compete against young Slash

it's 2015 - and now that Izzy has been sober for 26 years, he's had a lot more time to practice

if he still has to play rhytm, behind Duff... um...

Would you get excited if Duff returned as lead guitar and Izzy as rhythm guitar, vice versa or switching off?

Granted neither is Slash, but with Duff and Izzy back in the song writing mix, would you get excited? Or would you not care because it wasn't Slash and they are "just Rhythm guitarists"?

Personally, I would be stoked if this happened. I'd reserve judgment on how it would sound until I actually heard it.

I would be excited if they were to start writing music with Axl, because I hope and think they might be able to push him forward. As for touring, no, I wouldn't be particularly exited.

• Like 1

Richard is apparently still in the band. Neither Duff or Izzy would ever take a lead role on guitar and even if they were to take on that role it doesn't excite me one bit. If Duff and Izzy rejoin then Slash better be in the band too.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 3

if Izzy is such a genius, shouldn't he already have mastered the guitar and finally play the lead?

it's 2015 - and now that Izzy has been sober for 26 years, he's had a lot more time to practice

Some of the work Izzy does on rythm guitar is just as interesting (or even more) than lots of stuff Slash does playing lead (specially his nonstop pentatonic shredding).

Playing rythm guitar doesn't mean you're less talented, it's an art form that can be mastered, and Izzy is a true master. Take as an example the guitar parts for Rocket Queen. Izzy completely overshadows Slash on that one

• Like 2

Slash would join if Duff joins, I guess Slash doesn't cares about Steven or Matt or Izzy or Gilby, like he cares, but it won't matter him that much if others are not in the band.

Duff on the guitar would be weird, they should just call Izzy or Gilby on the rhythm, even though I love Izzy but he is that type of a guy who will bail out within a few days, so Gilby is more reliable. Duff should be on the Bass, No one cares about Stinson.

No 1, Duff is only ever going to be the bass player for Guns, if he ever decided to come back aboard full time. No 2, and this is a big one! Izzy does not want to join GnR full time and tour around the world... once offs etc.? yep, but nothing solid... maybe if it was a classic era line up he would have a change of heart for a while, with the current band I highly doubt anything more than sporadic appearances.

you know, that would make logical sense BUT...i work with two guitar players and i actually call the rhythm guy izzy because he is such a subtle but unreal rhythm player and i feel really lucky to work with him but do you think the guy can solo worth a shit?? And im talking behind his back he fully admits it..its two totally different worlds lead and rythym

Nope

Duff is a bassist

Izzy has not completed a full world tour in his lifetime

If a new album ever happens, it will contains some Slash material too! (4tus said this, no me)

im at the point where nothing really excites me about guns n roses, i think the only way i would honestly give a shit again is with a new album with a concrete release date and a lead single other than that i could give a shit less who is in the band at this point.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

This whole thread is a masturbation fantasy. Let's either get real, or if that doesn't suit, at least stroke yourself quietly.

literally lol- best thing i've read today

I'm not really sure how this fits as a masturbation fantasy, I proposed a hypothetical, I didn't suggest it was happening. I asked if people would get excited.

I think you might need to goggle "masturbation" and "fantasy."

It's really not a thread to get salty about, just a question I haven't seen 1000 times in a very grim and dead period for the band. Also there is actually plausibility to it as Duff and Izzy are both open to working with Axl, unlike Slash.

I would be excited if they were to start writing music with Axl, because I hope and think they might be able to push him forward. As for touring, no, I wouldn't be particularly exited.

The writing part is what would excite me most.

im at the point where nothing really excites me about guns n roses, i think the only way i would honestly give a shit again is with a new album with a concrete release date and a lead single other than that i could give a shit less who is in the band at this point.

That's a fair point. That is when I would go from cautiously optimistic to very excited.

• Like 1

Keep Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, Axl, Fortus.

Tommy out. Duff in.

Dj out. Izzy in.

Ron out. Slash in.

Stay of Execution is postponed.

LOL at Fortus, Frank and most of all Pitman sharing a stage with Slash, Izzy and Duff.

Mother Goose is as useless as tits on a bull when it comes to the classic, real GNR stuff and let's be honest that's all 95% of people want to hear...it would be an insult to have him onstage with Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Keep Frank, Dizzy, Pitman, Axl, Fortus.

Tommy out. Duff in.

Dj out. Izzy in.

Ron out. Slash in.

Stay of Execution is postponed.

LOL at Fortus, Frank and most of all Pitman sharing a stage with Slash, Izzy and Duff.

Mother Goose is as useless as tits on a bull when it comes to the classic, real GNR stuff and let's be honest that's all 95% of people want to hear...it would be an insult to have him onstage with Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Towel fight!
  • Like 1