GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

Take a look at ron's Facebook. He's jetting around Europe, playing shows to an audience who sees him as some link to GNR. They probably feel that this is the closest thing they'll get to reliving GNR heyday.

Ron knows it. He's flogging his unclear connection to GNR for all its worth.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 3

Holy shit. I hope this isn't accurate. Here's ron's most recent set list. It's mostly GNR classics:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bumblefoot/2015/potamos-yermasoyias-parking-limassol-cyprus-1bf661a4.html

His one from May 8th is very similar. Wow.

Weird, I din't know he played GNR songs except for Don't cry, I know he played Better sometimes, but I thought he is doing these shows to support his solo album?

• Like 1

Take a look at ron's Facebook. He's jetting around Europe, playing shows to an audience who sees him as some link to GNR. They probably feel that this is the closest thing they'll get to reliving GNR heyday.

That's the Promoters .Ron is most known for his time in Guns so of course the people who pay to book him are going to want to capitalize on it. Do you really think Ron goes around approving every gig poster or that he has the clout to tell the promoters to not use any GnR mentions in their advertising? Edited by Subtle Signs

Guns N' Roses has decided to clear up the status of guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, saying he is indeed out of the band -- and has been for some time.

A confirmed source with the band tells us that, "Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Bumblefoot, who joined GNR in 2006 to replace Buckethead, has hinted at his departure for some time, even telling us recently that "I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now" but adding that he was "honoring a request not to make any public statements" about his membership in the band. The GNR source's statement is the first confirmation of his departure.

The news follows in the wake of fellow guitarist DJ Ashba's announcement that he's left GNR to focus on his other band, Sixx: A.M., leaving Richard Fortus as the group's only guitarist. GNR drummer Frank Ferrer, however, said in an interview this week with Stone Chrome Radio that the group is "forging ahead;" "There's a plan in place, and it's happening, so that's all I can say."

http://wrif.com/2015/07/31/gnr-reps-confirm-ron-bumblefoot-thal-left-band/

That part in red is so damn rich coming from a confirmed source within GnR? They're not sure why Ron is so evasive about his status in the band? Gee..... I'm not sure why Guns N Roses are so evasive about the status of the fucking band. :facepalm:

Shit just got real, son!!!

How true.

Evasive???? Seriously???? Evasive with his status of the band? I actually coughed up part of my hi*ball Pomegranate acai energy drink.

The GnR camp hasn't given any updates on the STATUS OF GNR in how long???

One album in 20 years, and we have no idea what the band is doing, if there is still a band, if they are going to release another album, tour again, etc, etc, etc. All we know is two band members have quit. That's it. Literally - nothing else.

Evasive about the status of the band? Are these people f*cking delusional? And they complain that forum posters are too hard on them. SMH.

• Like 1

I'm all but sure now that whatever promoter(S) booked all these shows for Ron told him to purposefully keep his status with nu guns open ended so they can use his association to sell more shows. But if he was going down that road, he shouldn't have played all these little reindeer games, cock teasing the fans. In other words, it's REALLY hard to argue that Ron's not a douche in this case no matter what way you slice it.

LOL@GNR reps. Why not just say "Band Manager,Fernando" That "band source" could be the kid who pretended to be Izzy for all we know. Also,none of us know Ron's contract and what he is or isn't allowed to say. I doubt he's being purposely evasive to piss off the few remaining nerds (aka all of us) who still obsess over GnR.

• Like 1

Guns N' Roses has decided to clear up the status of guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, saying he is indeed out of the band -- and has been for some time.

A confirmed source with the band tells us that, "Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Bumblefoot, who joined GNR in 2006 to replace Buckethead, has hinted at his departure for some time, even telling us recently that "I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now" but adding that he was "honoring a request not to make any public statements" about his membership in the band. The GNR source's statement is the first confirmation of his departure.

The news follows in the wake of fellow guitarist DJ Ashba's announcement that he's left GNR to focus on his other band, Sixx: A.M., leaving Richard Fortus as the group's only guitarist. GNR drummer Frank Ferrer, however, said in an interview this week with Stone Chrome Radio that the group is "forging ahead;" "There's a plan in place, and it's happening, so that's all I can say."

http://wrif.com/2015/07/31/gnr-reps-confirm-ron-bumblefoot-thal-left-band/

That part in red is so damn rich coming from a confirmed source within GnR? They're not sure why Ron is so evasive about his status in the band? Gee..... I'm not sure why Guns N Roses are so evasive about the status of the fucking band. :facepalm:

Ron learned from the best

Holy shit. I hope this isn't accurate. Here's ron's most recent set list. It's mostly GNR classics:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bumblefoot/2015/potamos-yermasoyias-parking-limassol-cyprus-1bf661a4.html

His one from May 8th is very similar. Wow.

To be fair, at lot of these are coming from the guitar clinics and small appearances he's doing right now so many times it's fan requested stuff or stuff that he knows people are going to expect to hear (which after almost ten years with GNR is inevitably GNR songs). When he does his normal set (not eight songs) it's generally 20+ songs ranging from his own to Guns to KISS to anything the audience shouts at him. When I saw him last year he didn't do a single Guns song save for the Pink Panther if you really want to count that.

• Like 2

Jesus, what is this all about Ron? Why being so coy, you're clearly enjoying the ambiguity and the advantages that brings.

This is what people are saying. It's possible he has some contract to do with Art of Anarchy that requires him to be a 'member of Guns N' Roses.' Also, he apparently planned a very Guns-heavy set in Cyprus the other night. Credit to Truth.

GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

"band"

Good one.

It's more a sect than a band.

Seems like Axl wanted this to be a band in all the attempts. But this is more like NIN but a completely non functional NIN.

Axl should have done this the proper way at least, picking the musicians that he want on a tour and going solo on studio with minimal input from others.