GN’R Reps Confirm Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal Has Left The Band

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." .

How can we explain the sentence " I don´t understand why BBF continue to be evasive..." from the rep statement?

Well either BBF lie about the request or the rep. who made the statement was absolutely cluless about the existance of such a request

Perhaps the party that made the request he was/is honoring did not come from GN'R. Maybe one of his own promoters or managers who had/is arranging solo shows.

That's actually a great thought - surprised no one has mentioned that sooner. He never said who told him he can't talk about his status in GN'R.

Or maybe leaving the door open for a potential return or will be featured on a future album if he remains silent. Similiar to Bucket, Brain, Finck, and others.

I don´t buy the promoter/outsider theory. When Buckethead left Axl issued a statement. When BBF said around 2004 he was in GN´R and it was the GN´R camp who denied. Then in 2006 we found out he in fact was in the band.

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." .

How can we explain the sentence " I don´t understand why BBF continue to be evasive..." from the rep statement?

Well either BBF lie about the request or the rep. who made the statement was absolutely cluless about the existance of such a request

Perhaps the party that made the request he was/is honoring did not come from GN'R. Maybe one of his own promoters or managers who had/is arranging solo shows.

That's actually quite plausible. It fits in with whoever it was in GNR that said they had no idea why Bumblefoot felt he couldn't talk about his departure.

That's actually quite plausible. It fits in with whoever it was in GNR that said they had no idea why Bumblefoot felt he couldn't talk about his departure.

I think it came from the Guns camp.

But why?

When Ashba can clearly say he's out.

Unless Bumble has a lot of bad experiences he could talk about and they asked him not to (given that the band is so damaged I don't think it could survive a dramatic blow)

It's not that they couldn't survive the damage, maybe they thought there was a risk for taking damage they could avoid.

We don't know, but I'm guessing either they wanted to buy more time, or were hoping Bumble would change his mind. I think he has at least a year to change his mind.

That's actually a great thought - surprised no one has mentioned that sooner. He never said who told him he can't talk about his status in GN'R.

Or maybe leaving the door open for a potential return or will be featured on a future album if he remains silent. Similiar to Bucket, Brain, Finck, and others.

I don´t buy the promoter/outsider theory. When Buckethead left Axl issued a statement. When BBF said around 2004 he was in GN´R and it was the GN´R camp who denied. Then in 2006 we found out he in fact was in the band.

But BBF wasn't in GN'R in 2004 - we know for a fact he only joined the band a week before the Hammerstein shows.

But why?

When Ashba can clearly say he's out.

Unless Bumble has a lot of bad experiences he could talk about and they asked him not to (given that the band is so damaged I don't think it could survive a dramatic blow)

It's not that they couldn't survive the damage, maybe they thought there was a risk for taking damage they could avoid.

We don't know, but I'm guessing either they wanted to buy more time, or were hoping Bumble would change his mind. I think he has at least a year to change his mind.

I'd like to see him return. With Robin. Ha man, that would be great.

Would be difficult for him to backpaddle on the stuff he says if he was to come back no? He's always on the brink of really damaging the relationship he has with Axl / and for good by spilling the beans.

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." . How can we explain the sentence " I don´t understand why BBF continue to be evasive..." from the rep statement? Well either BBF lie about the request or the rep. who made the statement was absolutely cluless about the existance of such a request

But BBF wasn't in GN'R in 2004 - we know for a fact he only joined the band a week before the Hammerstein shows.

How do we know it for a fact? Because GNR management said so? Please, I wouldn't even trust them to tell me what colour the sky is.

A couple of months ago BBF himself posted in his facebook that he couldn´t comment futher about his status. He said " I´ve been honoring a request..." . How can we explain the sentence " I don´t understand why BBF continue to be evasive..." from the rep statement? Well either BBF lie about the request or the rep. who made the statement was absolutely cluless about the existance of such a request

How do we know it for a fact? Because GNR management said so? Please, I wouldn't even trust them to tell me what colour the sky is.

Bumble confirmed it a bunch of times.

Bumble confirmed it a bunch of times.

Bumble was contacted in 2004, but he wasn't in the band till 2006.

Kind of weird to talk about your solo dreams then just play GNR covers at your shows.

Who the hell is singing Paradise City, YCBM?

You know, maybe the people of Cyprus wanted to hear a former Guns guitarist play Guns covers? I don't think it's hard to imagine that.

Kind of weird to talk about your solo dreams then just play GNR covers at your shows.

You know, maybe the people of Cyprus wanted to hear a former Guns guitarist play Guns covers? I don't think it's hard to imagine that.
I' m with you but he's been bleating on about really paying more attention to his solo career. Maybe it was just the one show?

I' m with you but he's been bleating on about really paying more attention to his solo career. Maybe it was just the one show?

It's possible to continue on with a solo album and play songs from your former band. If the people who attend the shows want him to play them, why not?

Looking at his setlists, it's basically a one off. He played the same set in another show in Cyprus but before that it was all his own stuff except for the Pink Panther theme.

here's my two cents:

1- Respect for bumble. Clearly quitting wasn't something he decided over night, instead hes clearly been thinking about it for years since I've been reading it everywhere.

2- The million dollar question yet to be answered: why stay quiet for so long?

So, did bumble stay quiet because Axl asked him to...or did he get information about a GNR reunion and is keeping quiet for that?

I wonder if Bumblefoot being diagnosed with bladder cancer in 2014 influenced his decision to quit the band.

Could be a contributing factor, as well as being tied down to a band that carries a ton of baggage; paychecks were probably nice, but if you're an artist looking to spend time in the studio and release material, Guns isn't the right avenue for that

Seriously, what's up with playing lead guitar in Guns and having your body fall apart in the process?

I'm sure Bumble would still be in the band, if he was given a clear idea of where the band was going. Communication breakdown, life changes, health, need to be creative, his solo career - all of the above are the reasons why he quit. I think he's explained his reasoning pretty well, he hasn't made one clear cut statement but if you read his interviews, he's talked about the band members not being close, trying to persuade Axl and management to pursue new music, erratic touring plans... there was a lot of stuff that on their own would be manageable, but put together made it almost impossible unless you just don't care or have any interest in what you're doing as it was just $$$.

Looking at his setlists, it's basically a one off. He played the same set in another show in Cyprus but before that it was all his own stuff except for the Pink Panther theme.
That makes sense then. If he wants to cover GNR he can obviously, its just he was saying focus on solo. I have his solo record and Art of Anarchy is cool so doesnt make sense to quit. But who cares he has health issues do what you want.

I wasnt criticising Ron, i like what he did in Guns and staying and making an album with Axl wouldnt have been bad idea. Just genuinely confused when see the set list.