Visited Axl's home the other day

not sure how to post my own pics here....but i was in Malibu and decided to ride up PRIVATE Canyon and check it out. Very cool setting for the house, its sort of on a cliff with a big lot overlooking the Pacific ocean. I wondered if the neighbor living across the road on the other side ever gets annoyed with people stopped there and taking pics, ETC.

Its in a very nice spot but i can see how with the distance to LA and traffic out there, how one would just stay there and not leave much, its more of a hassle than you could imagine.

All in all i felt since i've been following the band in one form or another since 1987/88, this was something i needed to do! Ive been to Lafayette, In Many times previously.

Also spent some time at the Rainbow, there's a very cool collage of pics on the wall headed upstairs with Guns stuff on it, many familiar pics....

I asked the waitress and she pointed out the booth where November Rain was filmed and to this day, its Slash's booth when he comes in, which is quite frequently.

She mentioned seeing Axl in there once, but that she hardly recognized him

• Like 3

To be fair, there's an entire industry in LA dedicated to showing tourists celebrities' houses, so our friend here isn't doing something all that out of the ordinary. LA is a weird place.

Yeah there are celebrity home tours, but I'd doubt they would show Axl's home. Its pretty far up in the hills, I won't pay $80 for a cab in going and coming back.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what did you get out of that experience? Anything?

the perspective he sees. Also, what the area is like, super cool location he picked out over 20 years ago.It's something I've always wanted to do, and very happy that I did.

Ok man. Maybe I kind of get it on some level. The guy hides away a lot. Now, when he's doing that you know where he is and what he's seeing.

If I ever ended up driving by his place (which I doubt I would intentionally) I'm sure the inner dreamer in me would come out and hope that he opens the gates, we crack open a beer and end up writing a few songs... Only for him to then get me to sign my credits away and then get swamped in legal bills trying to release my Axl Rose songs. Nah! I'll pass :) each to their own!

I think Axl appreciates his fans, but I doubt he cares for them coming by his house and taking pictures. Give the man his privacy, he obviously wants it, explaining the huge walls/gates and that he is rarely seen outside of his house (well by fans or paparazzi).

I understand you that you want to see your fav. artists house from outside, many people do that, but from central LA to Malibu, it would be like $35 to $40 by cab, so $80 to go and come back, I wouldn't pay that much.

Im sure the views would be amazing, if I had a car I would have gone to that area, but not specifically to Axl's house, most prob just pass by his house cause that area is pretty good, Im a big fan of Tom Cruise, Do I want to see his house? NOPE.

I guess many fans want to see it cause of the Estranged video.

It is creepy that people wait outside the homes of big celebrities so they could meet them somehow, but well people have cars so they won't be specifically coming out walking from their house.

It may sound creepy but the only person I want to meet by standing outside their house is Izzy Stradlin, I don't know where the dude lives but I guess thats the only way to meet him.

Edited by Slash787

That's cool, OP.

I don't find this "creepy" at all. The overly judgmental comments in this thread however? Is it just me, or has there been an uptick lately of dickish behavior here on mygnr?

Anyway, if I was in LA for some reason, I'd probably take a drive up to Axl's house. I wouldn't get out of the car and start skulking around. I'd just slow down and gawk for a moment - like the way you do when you're driving around and see a nice house or something.

• Like 3