Dear Fermanager,

We have reiterated and underscored the point that criticism and disagreements of and with the band and its management are more than allowed, but personal insults and hostile language will not be permitted.

There have been a number of posts removed that were neither insulting or hostile.

• Like 1

We have reiterated and underscored the point that criticism and disagreements of and with the band and its management are more than allowed, but personal insults and hostile language will not be permitted.

There have been a number of posts removed that were neither insulting or hostile.

It's been stated several times that in addition to the above we wanted to keep this particular thread on track as possible so if Fernando were to answer some good questions he can at least find them easily. The thread in civil war can be used for further discussion and thoughts. It's not an exact science I know but it's not a massive ask to keep one thread uncluttered.

The fans are the only thing that has kept this board going over the years. If it is due to the disdain, look at the source of it. Look at their past of turning boards into heavily moderated ghost towns. Even when you're nice, you still get nothing so why bother pissing off the users for the sake of hoping THEY will change THEIR ways? This isn't the first time it has been tried. This whole thing seems like nothing but a vehicle to passive-aggressively attack the fanbase. Again.

• Like 1

Guys, if you want to talk about the merits of this conversation and the moderating of it as a whole, please do so in this thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212282-dear-fermanager-a-retrospective/page-1

I've moved some of the more recent comments made to the discussion thread. This thread really should be left to those interested in asking questions or responding to some of the things that Fernando has mentioned. We're not trying to censor anyone, simply attempting to facilitate conversations by putting them into their proper place.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

• Like 1

Fernando - you admitted to sharing unreleased Guns N' Roses tracks with your friends during this interview in 2001:

The CD will probably have 16 or 17 songs, and all the songs are very strong. I'm not saying this because I work for him or because I'm his best friend. My friends, for example, when they listen to any of the songs they say it's very beatiful and very good.Catcher in the Rye, This I love, That's Called The Blues, Chinese Democracy, they are all beautiful.

How much did this damage your relationship with Axl?

• Like 1

Fernando - you admitted to sharing unreleased Guns N' Roses tracks with your friends during this interview in 2001:

The CD will probably have 16 or 17 songs, and all the songs are very strong. I'm not saying this because I work for him or because I'm his best friend. My friends, for example, when they listen to any of the songs they say it's very beatiful and very good.Catcher in the Rye, This I love, That's Called The Blues, Chinese Democracy, they are all beautiful.

How much did this damage your relationship with Axl?

:facepalm:

Is Fernando posting as a representative of Guns n Roses management team?

Or is he posting as somebody who is in Axl's inner family circle?

Or is he posting as a random dude, just like the rest of us?

If the topic is going to be heavily moderated and long time members are going to be suspended, perhaps laying out the groundwork for what is allowable question wise would be a good move.

• Like 3

Fernando on htgth:

"Maybe this is something, shit maybe it's more ammunition for the selected few to feed from it. But we are working in rebuilding our current so-called webstore into something that fits GNR's brand. Should be done here soon, a week or two I would imagine. Just got our first mockup of the store a few hours ago. "

• Like 2

Fernando on htgth:

"Maybe this is something, shit maybe it's more ammunition for the selected few to feed from it. But we are working in rebuilding our current so-called webstore into something that fits GNR's brand. Should be done here soon, a week or two I would imagine. Just got our first mockup of the store a few hours ago. "

Self-awareness is clearly not one of TB's strengths.

Fernando on htgth:

Yeah, because the web store not being up to scratch is what's clearly wrong right here. :lol:
  • Like 2

Fernando on htgth:

If that's the news Fernando was alluding to, then that is extremely underwhelming, BUT, as a fan of the band I still appreciate that things happen and that everything isn't completelt dead. The fact that they bother to work on a webstore could mean that other things are to come, too. Let's keep hoping.

Fernando on htgth:

If that's the news Fernando was alluding to, then that is extremely underwhelming, BUT, as a fan of the band I still appreciate that things happen and that everything isn't completelt dead. The fact that they bother to work on a webstore could mean that other things are to come, too. Let's keep hoping.

I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

Fernando on htgth:

Self-awareness is clearly not one of TB's strengths.

apparently not, sounds like he needs some preparation h.

Fernando on htgth:

I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

How about less crossing fingers and more talking?

Fernando - what new merchandise can we expect from the new web store? And when will it be available?

Edited by TheSeeker

Alright I've asked a few fair and easy questions, but haven't heard back.

But as we all know the problem isn't Fernando or TB. The problem is Axl and how hes not making an effort to push Gn'R forward. Getting upset that the store web page is getting redone is dumb. There's only so much Fernando can do to move forward and push the brand. If the store getting redone is part of any announcement it just shows that Axl is doing nothing for the brand.

Now I hope nobody takes this as me hating on Axl. He's done a lot to make GN'R what it was. But currently and quite honestly the last 15 years have done very little to make people appreciate any new version of the band. If you go to a live show it's incredible! Axl gives everything and its a great experience. But as a fan is it wrong to want more? Is it wrong to think that new music from Gnr would be awesome? I appreciate the old band, I really do! They made an incredible band, but cmon Axl, give us something to make us forget the old band for a bit! Like I said, if I sound like an entitled cry baby I'm sorry, I just think there's so much in tank, and id love to see Axl make the name relevant one more time.

Of course maybe Axl's worn out and just in retirement stage now. Which is fine. I'm not sure I would have the same motivation I once had if I were him.

Sorry if I derailed this at all. But we all know Axl is the one that will ultimately give is what we want. Fernando can only do so much. And if that's updating the webpage, creating a new logo, or releasing concert dvd's then that's fine. Face it, whatever he does for the band will be a disappointment. He can't release an album for us.