Dear Fermanager,

Nice to see you back, Fernando. I've talked with Beta more, but you and I met in Vegas after the last show. I was the guy with the Eleon "trashcan" shirt on; the same on as Axl. Axl got a kick out of it.

Either way, glad you're taking this lighthearted, but on a more serious note, I honestly believe the forum as a whole (even people like Mags) would like for you, or others from the camp, to stop by every now and then and post a bit, even if it isn't with updates. Yeah, we'd love those more than anything, but I think a big part of the stuff that gets said around here has to do with the lack of interest or connection we get from the band. Some around here act out way more than they should, and we're definitely trying to work on that, but I think it needs to be a big group effort. Forum members should be proud to wear the MYGNRFORUM shirt they bought at future shows - not scared!

Really, we're not all bad, just like you all aren't bad (except you, of course - kidding!), but if baby steps are taken, I'm sure everyone can change for the better and there can be a big cyber (hug).

Also, to answer someone's question of a pro shot, it's in relation to the San Juan show from 2010 that exists in full out there, somewhere. That said, do other full length shows exist in that format that you know of? Just curious.

Fernando,

With Axl preferring to be a recluse it falls on the management to maintain relations with the public. If Axl has clear plans and a process going on forwards, then you should convey this to the fans on a regular basis (how about a newsletter every 6 months or so, with some insights to what is happening and what your tentative plans are, maybe some exclusive pictures and unreleased goodies?). That would clear up lots of misuderstanding, confusions, and strengthen the core fan base which can only be good for the future of the band, for you, and for us. It doesn't feel like you consider us a resource at all, but, unfortunately, rather like an annoying distraction. Does everything with GN'R have to be a conflict?

• Like 2

I'm really happy to see Fernando posting on here again. You're a really positive guy, judging based solely on the posts I've seen here and on Facebook. I hope no one makes you feel any malice on here, and if they do, just remember they may just be negative people in general.

When it comes to GN'R I am always excited for something more. If I may put the bird in your ear, I'd love to see GN'R release something on Spotify digitally! A single that starts on Spotify and eventually leads to an album, or even just a few singles on Spotify, would be great. Or any music service really. I just think releasing them digitally in high quality format is a great idea. I don't mean to tell anyone in GN'R how to do their job, but I was curious if it's been thought of...

Fernando - Please try and get Ron back in the band. He's an awesome guitarist and his parts on CD were among the best guitar parts on the record. He's too good to be taken for granted.

And as for DJ leaving... Robin Finck returning would be a dream. Fuck an AFD reunion, 2006 lineup with Ron and Finck and CD2 would be amazing.

Edited by Towelie

I haven't seen any pro shots of SJ, there has been so many tours, shows recorded that I wish there was a way to make it available.

Well, it sure is the "real" Fermanager because we got our usual TB keywords: #maybe and #soon.

Question... errrr... favor. When you go back on tour(whenever that is), will you go to Philippines please?

Whats your favorite UYI songs thats not played by GNR live for a looong time?

Yesterday's.

• Like 2

I don't think the managers know that much more than what we do. They have a fickle employer apt to debilitating moodswings and secrecy. That is why they can't give us any real updates and have to resort to joking around, shooting the shit, using vague words like "soon" and "maybe", while still trying to make it seem like everything is okay, some super secret plan is unfolding, and lots of great things is to come! while avoiding answering simple questions about the band, like "what is the current lineup", "why did bumblefoot leave", "what is next in store, record or tour", "have Dj been replaced", "what is tentative release date", "what obstacle remains to a new release", etc, all answers that would actually demonstrate that things are going forward, that we will be rewarded for caring about the band, and that Axl hasn't thrown in the towel.

• Like 1

Seems like Elvis has left the building, but it's cool that he did step in and say hello. These guys have to understand that people are frustrated for a # of legitimate reasons. I'm sure they probably do. It would also be nice if certain posters stopped posting the same insults and arguments over and over again.

I just want to know why I still haven't heard Atlas Shrugged and The General after so many years. Will I ever?

Also, I wonder if Fernando will be willing or able to answer, what song is the "Checkmate" clip from?

• Like 1