Dear Fermanager,

I am intrigued about this:

"What about when Axl was paying the idiot that owned the site before he sold for all hosting charges for over a year, and whatever else he had asked. As to not have mygnr.com go away? We have done quite a lot for this community, to be chastised by the few doesn't really sound like "Come back soon." Shit I was banned from this forum for years, and apparently as of recently I was able to return by creating a new account. So yeah; maybe that shines some light on where things have gone wrong. But never too late to rebuild, refresh. "

Anyone knows the details?

Fernando,

Here are the 5 questions as agreed. Many thanks for reaching out to us here at DTJN.

1: - We saw the world react with outrage last week at the news that Tony the Tiger was slaughtered like a dumb animal in Zimbaby...Zhimb..Zimbu...Africa. As a well known lover of animals and sugary treats how did Axl react to this devastating news?

lCvgocW.jpg

2: - Speaking of animals, at DTJN we have become very concerned lately regarding Matt Sorum and his ongoing Dolphin jihad. In our learned opinion, we believe that he is suffering from, to use a medical expression, severe mentalness. Is Axl concerned that the Estranged video has somehow "triggered" this condition in Matt Sorum? Has he increased security around the pool in Malibu?

3: - You may be aware that everyones favourite dude, Sebastian Bach, mentioned in an interview that Beta cooks some legendary enchiladas. Since then, the recipe has become a much sought after artifact in the GNR community. Do you think we could have this recipe in lieu of a new album?

4: - What is your opinion on wearing sneakers to a wedding?

5: - After Doc Brown and Marty McFly, Axl Rose is probably the most famous time traveler in history. Indeed there exists a whole record in the intertubes of his much celebrated time traveling adventures. Has it ever occured to Axl to travel back to the day he hired DJ Ashba and prevent it from ever happening?

Here are a few photos of Axl on his trips back in time

BeatlesAmerica.jpg

AxlBruceLee.jpg

TimeSquare_Axl.jpg

My 5 questions are way better than yours.
  • Like 1

Well all I can say is that I hope we get some more info "soon" from the band.

If fans are updated about the status, even if nothing is going, just say nothing is going on, I guess being quiet or running away from the matter spreads more negativity.

Even I got some questions, so it would be great if they can be answered.

1). Has Axl heard Slash's solo albums? If Yes then how does he finds them?

2). What is Axl's Fav. Holiday Destination (Apart from Brazil)

3. Stay of Execution was meant to be a title for an album or a tour?

Edited by Slash787

It's obvious what he means by racism, the constant reference to them by their nationality, all that stuff taking the mickey out of that weird South American tranny that held up that funny banner a whiles back, mimicking her misspelled/misphrased stuff and other assorted shit of that nature, I just find it a bit fuckin' hilairious being as how, as previously stated, the bloke who pays his wages wrote One in a Million. I guess a mans sense of dignity and racial pride comes with a price tag.

I think he is referring specifically to when people use names like "Brazilian nanny" or "Brazilian housemaid" to refer to Beta, posting pics of Consuela etc.

It's obvious what he means by racism, the constant reference to them by their nationality, all that stuff taking the mickey out of that weird South American tranny that held up that funny banner a whiles back, mimicking her misspelled/misphrased stuff and other assorted shit of that nature, I just find it a bit fuckin' hilairious being as how, as previously stated, the bloke who pays his wages wrote One in a Million. I guess a mans sense of dignity and racial pride comes with a price tag.

Although it is fairly light stuff really. It is not as if anyone has insulted Pele!

I'll bite, Maradona was better than Pele! :P

It says so much about the state of this band that the most excitement comes from people quitting the band and their manager finally talking to the bands fans.

There should be regular dialogue with fans. And I'm not taking about the nonsense on the bands Facebook, 'top ten cutest kittens, 10 worst tattoo's etc'.

There should be (and there may be, for all I/we know) a regular dialogue with the band members. They seem to be in the dark, almost as much as we are... problem with that is, this band is supposed to be considered a real band. Many people on here consider this band a real band (some don't), but! when the actual band members do interviews weeks apart from each other and give completely different answers to what's happening it leads you to believe that proper communication has not taken place... and that the guys truly are just hired help, kept in the loop on a need to know basis at best.

Having said all of that, It is great to hear from management. To keep the online community happy is actually very easy, the newsletter idea was almost spot on. We just need a little info. Metallica are a great example of a band that communicates with their fans, we know they are working on new material, we know it's on ice at the moment for the summer tour season, we know that in sep/oct they'll return to it and by mid to late 2016 we'll have the next Metallica album. There's nothing definitive, but we have a basic timeline and some clues as to where they are going musically because they released a song before they started touring. I can't think of a better way to say it... just rip off their model for working with the fans.

We all know Axl doesn't like to do interviews, and that he thinks rock artists have lost their mystique by sharing too much (which is true). But, sharing some plans about recording or special re-releases or plain ol' releases doesn't have any effect on mystique (unless he pulls a Bowie and drops the album at midnight with no hype). If you share plans and a timeline, it probably helps build the motivation to get things done...

Thanks for talking to us, next time give us something to work with (timeline, album title, dare I say a release date).

Tom, no disrespect but your message sounds so 2004...

He isn't gonna change how he operates, the leopard dies with its spots.

I know, but it doesn't change the fact that it's all true. Nothings gonna change, but it would be a breath of fresh air to be wrong about GnR every once in a while.

I know, but it doesn't change the fact that it's all true. Nothings gonna change, but it would be a breath of fresh air to be wrong about GnR every once in a while.

Not sure how one can say that nothing changes in a thread where a member of GNR's management is responding to questions. To me, that's a pretty big change considering the years of silence.

--------------------------------------------------

Also want to make it clear that Fernando only has one account on mygnr, which is signified by the Guns N' Roses badge. Other members who happen to have Fernando as part of their username is someone entirely different. Figured that's fairly clear, but just wanted to make sure everyone knows.

Guest MikeHunt

Not sure how one can say that nothing changes in a thread where a member of GNR's management is responding to questions. To me, that's a pretty big change considering the years of silence.

How is that breath of fresh air Tom? Breath it in deep boy. :lol:

Also want to make it clear that Fernando only has one account on mygnr, which is signified by the Guns N' Roses badge. Other members who happen to have Fernando as part of their username is someone entirely different. Figured that's fairly clear, but just wanted to make sure everyone knows.

I'm not 100% on the last part your comment, was I misdirecting my post to a fake Fernando? I thought it was the real one? GnR badge and all. Mike, the air is just fine, just fine (I think there's a spelling error in your name, surely that was supposed to be a C ;) )

And, if you read the comment before my last, you would've seen that I was very happy that a member of GnRs management was responding to questions, not sure how that got lost in the shuffle (maybe I phrased it badly).

Edited by Tom2112

I'm not 100% on the last part your comment, was I misdirecting my post to a fake Fernando? I thought it was the real one? GnR badge and all. Mike, the air is just fine, just fine (I think there's a spelling error in your name, surely that was supposed to be a C ;) )

And, if you read the comment before my last, you would've seen that I was very happy that a member of GnRs management was responding to questions, not sure how that got lost in the shuffle (maybe I phrased it badly).

Sorry, my comment about the Fernando username was a separate post that got tacked on to my initial response.

Sorry, my comment about the Fernando username was a separate post that got tacked on to my initial response.

Agh! Good stuff :)

I think he is referring specifically to when people use names like "Brazilian nanny" or "Brazilian housemaid" to refer to Beta, posting pics of Consuela etc.

Although it is fairly light stuff really. It is not as if anyone has insulted Pele!

Well, that was uncalled for.

• Like 2

My 5 questions are way better than yours

Would you like a job? Our intern positions are much sought after.

I have a job that pays money. Your questions are very strange. Fans want music info and not the ones you asked. But good luck with all your endeavors.

Fernando, why it not possible to comment on the current status of the band? What's the downside of giving an update? And what do you mean by "maybe" to new music? What's the point of the band if there's never going to be any new music?

Fernando, why it not possible to comment on the current status of the band? What's the downside of giving an update? And what do you mean by "maybe" to new music? What's the point of the band if there's never going to be any new music?

Getting to travel abroad and shag the locals? :lol:

• Like 2

WOW!Your on here 2 days in a row.Little things like this mean a lot to the fan base. I hope this is an indication that GNR will be a little more open. Thanks

Will there be a new album for 2016, is it being worked on now?

Note to all-

Please try to limit your questions to ones like this. There's no need to keep derailing the thread was mounds of posts that are off topic or something you're aware that wouldn't get an answer to begin with.

The biggest complaint in the GNR community is lacking of communication. Let's not ruin what we're getting before it even has the chance to take off.

• Like 3