Dear Fermanager,

Maynard, I get the point, but if Fernando's job is indeed to do whatever Axl is paying him to do, perhaps there isnt much we can ask - expecting for an answer. I mean, if Axl - or whoever is in charge - says "no announcement whatsoever until everything's ready to go" there's little or nothing we or the management can do about it.

Hell no questions. I'd just be obliged if Fernando passed on to Axl a thanks for Chinese Democracy, thanks for the many live shows over the years, and thanks for keeping the GNR name alive. He's won in the world of music in so many ways dating back from the Appetite days through the more recent touring. He really is one of the last true artists that hasn't sold out and lives by his own design. Gotta respect that. Whatever happens from here on out is up to Axl and his desires/motivations/inspirations and its all good. He's already won and its all gravy from here.

Maynard, I get the point, but if Fernando's job is indeed to do whatever Axl is paying him to do, perhaps there isnt much we can ask - expecting for an answer. I mean, if Axl - or whoever is in charge - says "no announcement whatsoever until everything's ready to go" there's little or nothing we or the management can do about it.

See the post below yours.

Fernando -

You probably won't come back here anytime soon and thus probably won't read this anytime soon

But even the 'few' you talk about who engage in racism or hateful posts aren't really doing it out of 'hate' for you, Axl, or your family. I don't think anyone really hates Axl or his family. But it comes from a great deal of frustration. For years, a lot of the 'hateful' people were loyal supporters, some were even ardent defenders, of Axl.

From an objective standpoint, you have to understand how divisive Axl continuing the GN'R name without Slash, Duff or Izzy being there is for some people - and yet many of the 'haters' today were at one time either supportive or open to it. I think a lot of these wounds have festered because of a lack of communication, and because of remarks made, at one time or another, that seemed to indicate that TB viewed/views the fanbase as enemies.

There's also people who feel burned and embarrassed, that they supported Axl even in what seemed to be a dubious idea - continuing GN'R - only to have what they see as embarassment after embarassment (one album since Slash and Duff left; VMAs 2002, cancelled tour, Rio 2011, etc).

A lot of the people here you see being hateful, they want to see Axl at his best. They want to see Axl being productive and really showing the rock world who the best frontman still is. In their eyes, instead, for the last few years, Axl has gotten out of shape, and hasn't seemed to really give his all. This is a guy who has 'victory or death' tattooed on him - to see him 'half ass' it is kinda like, for one, where is that guy, where is the fire? Secondly, it feels offensive to the fans who do pay for tickets, to see Axl either stammer through a song or sound like 'Mickey'.

When Axl talked up 'new Guns' as it began, he talked about it being a vision. Basically, taking Guns further than Slash was willing to. But instead, from our POV, Axl's only done one record in the 19 years since Slash quit, and he has the band playing mainly the hits by the old band in Vegas Residencies, reminiscent of Elvis' latter days. We don't want to see Axl reduced to a nostalgia act, not when he's still relatively a young man.

The people here who come off hateful, are just angry because they see Axl not using his talent. Not being willing to speak with us and let us know what's what, which shouldn't be TOO hard for him. And as far as the 'racism' goes? This is a band who released a song that has lines which are against black people, immigrants and homosexuals - of course there's gonna be some fans who are racist, and unfortunately, due to your closeness to Axl and the fact that your mother manages the band, people ultimately blame her and scapegoat her for Axl's decisions (similar to the way people blame Yoko Ono for the Beatles' breakup).

But genuine hatred here? No. But genuine frustration, yes.

Absolutely fucking fantastic post that sums up my feelings exactly, and no doubt most other's on here. I was the most ardent, loyal, die-hard supported and defender of 'new Guns' and still would be if Axl put out music, videos and toured it with the fire of 2010.

Yes, yes and yes.

He doesn't even need the fire, cause when we're there we have fun ( I do at least). It's when you see it later that you go "Oooh".

But some news, music and videos once every five years at least would be nice, yes.

Hey Fernando, hello from Holland. How big is the pressure of living with someone as great and friendly and with so many talents. Is it tough or is it just a routine. Do you all do family stuff together with Axl or is it very hard for him to do those things cause everyone knows who he is?