"Guns N' Roses: Deep Cuts" on Apple Music

We all just doing our own personal twelve?

Back Off Bitch

Coma

Catcher in the Rye

Dust N' Bones

14 Years

Garden of Eden

Locomotive

Oh My God

Out Ta Get Me

Prostitute

There Was A Time

You're Crazy (Lies)

Theirs ain't but I'd definitely, definitely drop You Ain't the First right off there if I had to make one change. Replace it with 14 Years.

Edited by Flayer

Wait I'm a little confused. Is this playlist like some sort of "official" online compilation? Like, does GnR have an official Apple Music page and they made this themselves?

No, some intern at Apple slapped it together for their recommendations playlists

Could have even been generated by an algorithm honestly

Edited by Dan H.

Anything Goes - The First Cut is the Deepest

1. Anything Goes

2. You're Crazy

3. Reckless Life

4. One in a Million

5. Don't Damn Me

6. Bad Apples

7. Shotgun Blues

8. My World

9. Scraped

10. Riad n the Bedouins

I wonder what the lasting public perception would've been if they released Anything Goes as the lead single off Appetite?

1- You Ain't The First (absolutely, positively does not belong on this list)
2- If The World (see 1st comment)
3- I.R.S (excellent deep cut)
4- Dust N' Bones (no. just no)
5- Sympathy For The Devil (it was on Greatest Hits...is that a deep cut? I like it, but a deep cut?)
6- Pretty Tied Up (excellent. perfect for a "deep cut.")
7- This I Love (excellent again)
8- The Garden (good, but a deep cut? it had its own video back in the day)
9- Breakdown (excellent deep cut)
10- There Was a Time (excellent deep cut)
11- So Fine (awful. pair this with My World and Bad Apples
12- Locomotive (excellent, this is what it's all about.)

So, in conclusion: IRS, Pretty Tied Up, This I Love, Breakdown, TWAT, Locomotive. Those to me are awesome GNR songs that didn't get a lot of air play...that should have.

Despite a few live performances, Coma did not get air play I am aware of. Coma belongs on a deep cuts list.

I like the dirty, sleazy feel of Black Leather too.

How about Don't Cry, alt. lyrics?

My AFD deep cut would be Rocket Queen

Back Off Bitch would be a nice deep cut

...and, if folks don't like my list, I'll throw on a little "Don't Damn Me!" as well

:)

My Version of Deep Cuts:

IRS, Pretty Tied Up, This I Love, Breakdown, TWAT, Locomotive. PLUS

Coma, Don't Cry (alt lyrics), Black Leather, Rocket Queen, Back Off Bitch, Don't Damn Me

with bonus live versions of: Sailing, Better (@Download), WTTJ @ Rock Am Ring, and Madagascar (Boston '02)

This I Love is basically a single via live plays. Chi dem, Better, SOD, TIL were pretty staple live. So deep cut maybe not.

Prostitute is the deep cut's deep cut.

Anything Goes - The First Cut is the Deepest

1. Anything Goes

2. You're Crazy

3. Reckless Life

4. One in a Million

5. Don't Damn Me

6. Bad Apples

7. Shotgun Blues

8. My World

9. Scraped

10. Riad n the Bedouins

I wonder what the lasting public perception would've been if they released Anything Goes as the lead single off Appetite?
The Faster Pussycat it's okay to like?

One hit wonder, sleazy, party band.

The Quireboys of Sunset Strip.

My deep cuts off the dome would probably be Rocket Queen, It's So Easy, Estranged, TWAT, Catcher, Better, Yesterdays, You're Crazy (Lies), 14 Years. I mean, there's tons more and it'd change every day depending on my mood. Obviously more Chinese stuff just since it's a newer album and less people are familiar with the tunes; the ones I included are the ones I think could take some people by surprise. Some of the others are incredibly well-known songs to us fans and music buffs, but to the average person they probably wouldn't be as familiar with them, especially younger listeners.

Sometimes I wish the 2002 lineup had released a proper studio recording of Think About You, because I think it's one of few older songs that actually sounded better with the new guys. There was a frantic energy to it that was nice. I like the Appetite version, obviously, but it's always felt a bit like filler to me relative to the rest of the record (same for Anything Goes, which imo is the worst track).

Wait I'm a little confused. Is this playlist like some sort of "official" online compilation? Like, does GnR have an official Apple Music page and they made this themselves?

No, some intern at Apple slapped it together for their recommendations playlists

Could have even been generated by an algorithm honestly

Think this was curated by one of the Beats Music people back before they got bought by Apple.