"Going Down" 2 years later...

Not complex enough.

Could be the Riad of CD II just add some crazy techo solos and keyboard strings and low talking.

I love Riad. Killer riff and Axl's vocal delivery reminds me of his Appetite days. Bucket's robo outro is great.

Going Down is not timeless. Don't know if there's enough there for Axl to go full tinker.

All I can say is Meh. This is another 15+ years in the making song? This is the final product? Because Slash can write one of those in 30 minutes.

Who said it was 15+ years in the making? It's not like Going Down was one of the confirmed titles from '06. For all we know they hit the studio for a few days and came out with this.

All I can say is Meh. This is another 15+ years in the making song? This is the final product? Because Slash can write one of those in 30 minutes.

Who said it was 15+ years in the making? It's not like Going Down was one of the confirmed titles from '06. For all we know they hit the studio for a few days and came out with this.

That's why I added a question mark.

Because Slash can write one of those in 30 minutes.

He can? Wow. I wasn't aware Slash could churn out sweet little folksy tunes like that like it was nothing. I have always just considered him a riff and solo machine who are hopelessly lacking when it comes to actually writing songs.

He can? Wow. I wasn't aware Slash could churn out sweet little folksy tunes like that like it was nothing. I have always just considered him a riff and solo machine who are hopelessly lacking when it comes to actually writing songs.

He needs an Izzy present at all times.

• Haha 1

LOL, yeah, there's no way thats what happened. It most likely is from like 13 years ago when they were recording all these songs and just never came out till now. I find it hard to believe they've actually hit the studio as a band much since like 2004 to record some songs, and this just happened to be the only one that came out.

No, what's most likely is this was recorded a decade and a half ago and it came out a little while ago and people are trying to convince themselves it shows some sort of activity with the band.

Yep, he totally can. Slash is very versatile, have you ever heard his first solo album? The one with guest singers. Lots of different styles and influences. Check that out if you want to hear a different side of Slash. Also Snakepit is very bluesy and with southern rock influences. Check those out man.

Yep, he totally can. Slash is very versatile, have you ever heard his first solo album? The one with guest singers. Lots of different styles and influences. Check that out if you want to hear a different side of Slash. Also Snakepit is very bluesy and with southern rock influences. Check those out man.

Its a good little song. Quite emotional.

Guitars are great like the pre chorus, or the intro/verses, but the solo feels out of place.

It's incredible how terrible that solo is.

Here's a boring, plain, simple classic-esque rock song-- and Ron decides that the solo needs to be a hyper avant-garde atonal disharmonic wah-wah shit fest.

No wonder Ron is off in the third world playing Slash covers.