Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

I could not see some patch-work hybrid of old and new members. I cannot think of anything worse than new members gatecrashing the party. On drums I have a feeling it would be Sorum. Sorum is a neutral figure. As somebody who prefers Adler I wish it would be Adler but Adler, for Axl, is sort of like an ''unreformed Slash'' or a ''Slash if all the stuff that Axl said about Slash talking shite to the media was actually true'': Adler actually does talk shite against Axl and the new band. He is also locked in a permanent cycle of remission and relapse - what would happen when the money, whores and ego returns on a stadium reunion tour? Visions of Adler sprawled out over the drum stool. I think a reformed line-up would be the 1991 line-up basically, or the 1992 band if Izzy does not want to do it.

It would kill Adler mind!

Personally though I would prefer the 1980s line-up - sans Dizzy.

Let's not go crazy, guys.

There is no way in hell that axl will ever admit that his takeover of was the colossal failure it turned out to be.

Chidem failed. NuGNR failed. Not just in a small way, but COLOSSALLY.

Axl will never admit it. Instead, he'll just hide in his mansion while Team Brazil draws up plans to divide up his corpse once he dies.

Also, look at what Slash has become. He's an institution. There's a lot of smart business going on with Slash. Do you really think he'll put a pin in his business and become an employee of Beta and Fernando?

So yeah, it's nice that axl thawed enough to say hi to slash. But in all reality, this is where it will end.

Is even Axl that blind though? He must survey those tiny Vegas 'up close and personal' (yeh right, as in ''nobody is buying any tickets personal''?) crowds and think, ''fuck me, where did everybody go?'' or wince in pain whenever Ashba murders a guitar solo. He must think to himself, ''it did not always be this way?'' Granted the Brazilian lot keep him in a bubble.

Exciting. But let's not get carried away here. There have been plenty of moments in GNR history where the fanbase got excited only to be let down.

On another note: reunion with Axl's current voice deflates my interest considerably. Honestly I'm not sure if I even want it unless Axl is at least at 70% of 2006 level.

Come on Axl and Slash,DO IT FOR THE KIDS and also us old timers as well. No matter what happens,this is the most significant GnR news in 20 years. It's kinda strange for big news like this to break on a weekend. THANK YOU AFTONBLADE,YOU ARE BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE.

Edited by Subtle Signs

No possibility of reunion: Fans bitch and moan and blast Axl for it making him the biggest POS ever and demand it

Possibility of reunion: Fans go meh and say they don't really want it.

No winning with you people.

'Fans' are not a homogenous mass all wanting and saying the same thing. Different people want different things.

In the end, I'm glad if Slash/Duff return. Slash and Fortus would be killer. I just want Axl to succeed, playing big mainstream shows again. He deserves it.

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Stinson

Duff

Dizzy

Pitman

Ferrer

And why would they need two bass players and why Frank over Matt or Steven and why the fuck does GnR need Pitman?

Is there any way to confirm this interview wasn't edited and that Slash's words are not out of context here?

This.

We don´t actually see the interviewer ask his question about Axl to Slash. Slash might have been responding to an entirely different question.

:facepalm:

I would prefer Slash stay away from the past. On another note remember Eddie Trunk saying something about Slash and Axl getting together again. He made his remarks months ago and everyone assumed he did not know what he was talking about.