Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Finally saw Slash's band this weekend. He was awesome as expected on the Guitar. The rest of the band was solid, but if I'm comparing his show vs Axl's, latest GnR lineup was much better overall.

Axl's backing band has a better light show, I'll give them that.

Yeah and they're just a better backing band in playing and stage presence. I didn't expect that.

Slash has a great band, but they don't play as well together as the current Guns. Largely down to the drummers. Brent Fitz is quite like Matt Sorum, solid drummer but it's almost robotic at times. Frank on the other hand is lively, shakes up the parts and brings the band to life.

As a overall show Gnr was more entertaining. I don't really need a 3hr show though, my attention dipped a little. BUT my attention dipped a bit more at the most recent Slash gig because of the super long extended solo sections, and the blues solo section. Both great live acts but Axl is a better frontman and while the set is a little long you get more bang for your buck.

oh hell naw you take that back

sorum eats frank for breakfast then craps out the thing that taught ulrich how to play (borrowed from someone, sorry..)

Sorry, no can do :D It's just preference at the end of the day! I really love listening to the drums on records or live, it's the first thing I notice besides the guitar and while Brent and Matt are brilliant players they just don't groove / swing enough for my taste. I still enjoy both of those guys and they would both do a nice job in a potential reunion but my first choice would be Frank, and if he had everything together Steven.

It's called reunion. So no Frank, no Fitz!

Finally saw Slash's band this weekend. He was awesome as expected on the Guitar. The rest of the band was solid, but if I'm comparing his show vs Axl's, latest GnR lineup was much better overall.

Axl's backing band has a better light show, I'll give them that.

Yeah and they're just a better backing band in playing and stage presence. I didn't expect that.

Slash has a great band, but they don't play as well together as the current Guns. Largely down to the drummers. Brent Fitz is quite like Matt Sorum, solid drummer but it's almost robotic at times. Frank on the other hand is lively, shakes up the parts and brings the band to life.

As a overall show Gnr was more entertaining. I don't really need a 3hr show though, my attention dipped a little. BUT my attention dipped a bit more at the most recent Slash gig because of the super long extended solo sections, and the blues solo section. Both great live acts but Axl is a better frontman and while the set is a little long you get more bang for your buck.

oh hell naw you take that back

sorum eats frank for breakfast then craps out the thing that taught ulrich how to play (borrowed from someone, sorry..)

Sorry, no can do :D It's just preference at the end of the day! I really love listening to the drums on records or live, it's the first thing I notice besides the guitar and while Brent and Matt are brilliant players they just don't groove / swing enough for my taste. I still enjoy both of those guys and they would both do a nice job in a potential reunion but my first choice would be Frank, and if he had everything together Steven.

It's called reunion. So no Frank, no Fitz!

It doesn't have to be a full line up reunion (look at the Faith no more reunion, no Jim Martin... yeh they had the other guy but everyone knows Jim). If the core guys get back together, the one's that stuck it out from beginning to the end, that's reunion enough for most people.

If you're just talking about a classic line up reunion of course that excludes anyone outside of Matt or Steven on the drum stool (pending what you consider classic). But I think it's more likely that a reunion would be a semi reunion of a couple of guys... but that's based on nothing and I could very easily be wrong.

If you want another album, Izzy is necessary.

I think you're right. They either gotta get Izzy or Paul Huge. I'd like to see a 95 style reunion.

I really don't know if you're being sarcastic or drunk as fuck all the time.

Your posts are like Wasted's but two times that weird. Anyway I'm assuming you're just trolling.

What the fuck has Paul Huge to do with a reunion?

He's basically the reason the old band broke up and you consider him to be part of the reunion.

Man, even Pitman, the most unnecessary bandmember ever in music's history, was probably a bigger part of Guns and had more input in Guns' material than Huge will ever have.

Stop trolling please.

Predictions on how long reunion discussions betwixt Axl and Slash would last, with Slash privy to Paul Hugh's inclusion - answers on a postage stamp?

I think it might be the gesture Slash needs to make in order to completely reconcile with Axl and GNR both personally and creative.

I think you're right. They either gotta get Izzy or Paul Huge. I'd like to see a 95 style reunion.

Your posts are like Wasted's but two times that weird. Anyway I'm assuming you're just trolling.

He's basically the reason the old band broke up and you consider him to be part of the reunion.

Man, even Pitman, the most unnecessary bandmember ever in music's history, was probably a bigger part of Guns and had more input in Guns' material than Huge will ever have.

Stop trolling please.

Don't get me worng, I agree with you in that I think Pitman deserves his due, but Tobias was the creative wingman in one of the most unique and enigmatic lineups in the history of rock n roll. He could act as the fuse of two eras of GNR. He was part of both.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Predictions on how long reunion discussions betwixt Axl and Slash would last, with Slash privy to Paul Hugh's inclusion - answers on a postage stamp?

I think it might be the gesture Slash needs to make in order to completely reconcile with Axl and GNR both personally and creative.

Let's not forget that Paul Tobias is so good, Axl ditched him after four shows!

Stop trolling please.

Don't get me worng, I agree with you in that I think Pitman deserves his due, but Tobias was the creative wingman in one of the most unique and enigmatic lineups in the history of rock n roll. He could act as the fuse of two eras of GNR. He was part of both.
Ohhhh... you're talking about Paul Huge?!

The infamous Paul Huge who wrote hits like WTTJ, PC, SCOM, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, Patience, You're Crazy, November Rain, Don't Cry, Civil War, Estranged, YCBM, Coma and Locomotive?!

Ohhhh I'm sorry!!!

Somehow I thought you're talking about that guy who wrote one words or two for Back Off Bitch.

Stop trolling please.

If you take a gander at the Chinese Democracy booklet you will see that Paul has far more writing credits than Chris.

Slash denied reunion when he said they were friends again.

And he said via spokesperson blown out of proportion.

It's probably hurting his tour.

Seriously. Especially since he's doing all these contests and whatever for lifetime passes to his concerts with Myles. Who would really try all that hard or pay whatever if there is a reunion imminent? He's still got his obligations.

Neither happened. He didn't deny the reunion. He refused to answer the question directly.

His brother is also not his "spokesperson." We know how he flip-flopped on that message.

It's clear that you like to type every single thought that comes into your head but sometimes maybe you should actually filter them.

Neither happened. He didn't deny the reunion. He refused to answer the question directly.

His brother is also not his "spokesperson." We know how he flip-flopped on that message.

It's clear that you like to type every single thought that comes into your head but sometimes maybe you should actually filter them.

I think he's talking about the fact that slash's manager told Eddie trunk that the original comment was "blown Outta proportion"