Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

The story is starting to reach other news outlets now.

This had to be planned. I'm willing to bet this was discussed and they decided to casually leak this informaton in this fashion. There's no way Slash lets that type of info slip accidently. They knew it would gain traction almost immediatey and then spread like wild fire. Just let Slash casually mention it in an interview and let it grow on it's own. No big announcement no hoop la just a crumb for people and we and the media will turn it into a feast. This is awesome news and it's going to be real interesting to see what, if anything comes next.

This had to be planned. I'm willing to bet this was discussed and they decided to casually leak this informaton in this fashion. There's no way Slash lets that type of info slip accidently. They knew it would gain traction almost immediatey and then spread like wild fire. Just let Slash casually mention it in an interview and let it grow on it's own. No big announcement no hoop la just a crumb for people and we and the media will turn it into a feast. This is awesome news and it's going to be real interesting to see what, if anything comes next.

How much are you willing to put in escrow on that bet?

I don't think TB are overly involved in this either, Fernando it's time to clarify as the news it out now ;-)

It does seem to me that Axl has reached out to Slash and vice versa (perhaps through Duff or lawyers) to end the feud. Where it goes now is entirely up to the band members.

In the end, I'm glad if Slash/Duff return. Slash and Fortus would be killer. I just want Axl to succeed, playing big mainstream shows again. He deserves it.

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Stinson

Duff

Dizzy

Pitman

Ferrer

And why would they need two bass players and why Frank over Matt or Steven and why the fuck does GnR need Pitman?

This is the best case touring band.

Tommy on rythmic guitar maybe or not? He's the right hand of Axl, he may be the bridge between the old and the new members. I mean if Axl releases a new album next, Slash and Duff need to learn those songs.

Matt is no more GNR than Brain or Ferrer. He was an employee. Adler cannot play a full GNR set, same with Izzy. Best possibility as guests on Appetite songs.

Yes GNR need Pitman on the newest stuff.

I don't think TB are overly involved in this either, Fernando it's time to clarify as the news it out now ;-)

It does seem to me that Axl has reached out to Slash and vice versa (perhaps through Duff or lawyers) to end the feud. Where it goes now is entirely up to the band members.

My gut tells me TB will do their best to stand in the way of any reconciliation and will probably feed Axl lies to end the renewed friendship. They hate Slash.

This is seriously the best news ever. Feels like Christmas has come early. Like I'm Harry Potter living under the cupboard at Privet Drive and Hagrid's just walked his fat ass in and said "Ey, you're going to Ogwarts, 'Arry". Like Fred Astaire did a goddamn tap dance in Heaven for God to make this happen.

Lol, celebrate when there's actually a reunion.

This is seriously the best news ever. Feels like Christmas has come early. Like I'm Harry Potter living under the cupboard at Privet Drive and Hagrid's just walked his fat ass in and said "Ey, you're going to Ogwarts, 'Arry". Like Fred Astaire did a goddamn tap dance in Heaven for God to make this happen.

Lol, celebrate when there's actually a reunion.

This is the first step to a reunion. A giant leap.

How much are you willing to put in escrow on that bet?

I'd bet a lot. This guy who interviewed them was clearly allowed to ask that question and if Slash didn't want to make this public he'd have dodged it, not been very blunt about confirming it. Obviously it was discussed that this is info they are ok with getting out there. There's no way Slash just says that publicly if they(Axl) wanted to keep this on the down low.

• Like 2

Axl's camp has been really quiet thus far. He has to be recieving messages at this point.

I agree that this was more of an Axl thing though. I don't see him seeking TB's advice on the matter.

Yeah, but Marc Canter has said Beta 'hates Slash' apparently more than Axl ever did. She might say "Either you don't talk to/reunite with Slash...or I leave your life."

In the end, I'm glad if Slash/Duff return. Slash and Fortus would be killer. I just want Axl to succeed, playing big mainstream shows again. He deserves it.

Axl

Slash

Fortus

Stinson

Duff

Dizzy

Pitman

Ferrer

And why would they need two bass players and why Frank over Matt or Steven and why the fuck does GnR need Pitman?

This is the best case touring band.

Tommy on rythmic guitar maybe or not? He's the right hand of Axl, he may be the bridge between the old and the new members. I mean if Axl releases a new album next, Slash and Duff need to learn those songs.

Matt is no more GNR than Brain or Ferrer. He was an employee. Adler cannot play a full GNR set, same with Izzy. Best possibility as guests on Appetite songs.

Yes GNR need Pitman on the newest stuff.

Ummmm..... Sorum played on the Illusion albums and toured with GnR at the absolute peak of their popularity on what was GnR's most massive tour they ever did. Matt is more GnR than Brain or Frank combined and to suggest he's only on par with those two is absolutely absurd.

As for Pitman there is absolutely NO need for him whatsoever. Have the real Guns N Roses band rearrange the CD songs if they tour so they sound like rock songs. Pitman is absolutely useless. Nothing he did on CD is important or needed and nothing about the live show would suffer in his absence.

• Like 2

Things are 'cool' between them for like 2 years now. That doesn't mean they'll play together again ;)

How did this get buried?! Slash2baz is one of the few legit insiders we have! Also, Slash2baz has told us of Slash's plans for next year, which consist of an autumn album release and tour. So I think Slash is pretty busy until 2017.

Does also raise the question why according to Subsy it was Slash that blocked the Appetite for Democracy release last year. Maybe that was more to fuck with Team Brazil than Axl? Who knows.

Y'know what, i think I'd actually go see em if they did a reunion. Just for that little boy in me that fell in love with Appetite and Lies and Illusion when i was a kid.

The number of posts I've seen you blasting people for wanting a reunion... Good to see you've come to your senses ;)

I'd still like Chinese Leftovers, especially if some of those tracks have Slash origins like Fortus briefly mentioned. If we got a new album with work from Slash, Bucket and Finck all on one CD I'd be over the moon.

I'm glad they've made amends, I would like to see an Axl & Slash & Duff show in my lifetime (with guest appearances from Izzy and Steven, not sure they could hack full shows/tours), but I'd also love to see new music.

I'd like to hear a statement from Axl on this

Beta currently has him locked in his room and has had all the phones and the internet disconnected in Axl's house. She, Jarmo and Fermanager are plotting on the best way to stop this and kill a GN'R reunion for good.

• Like 1

Axl's camp has been really quiet thus far. He has to be recieving messages at this point.

I agree that this was more of an Axl thing though. I don't see him seeking TB's advice on the matter.

Yeah, but Marc Canter has said Beta 'hates Slash' apparently more than Axl ever did. She might say "Either you don't talk to/reunite with Slash...or I leave your life."

Any person who says that to you though, you tell them to not let the door hit them on the way out.

I'd lean towards this being a result of Axl reaching out more than the other way around. Slash really had no reason to. He's always been upfront with being open to the idea of reuniting and it's always kinda been in Axl's hands. Maybe Axl finally saw the light.

Beta currently has him locked in his room and has had all the phones and the internet disconnected in Axl's house. She, Jarmo and Fermanager are plotting on the best way to stop this and kill a GN'R reunion for good.

So how did Slash manage to talk to him in the first place?

So how did Slash manage to talk to him in the first place?

Chance meetup somewhere outside of the house with Mama Beta not there?