Slash and Axl talking

netcord

I'm very happy to see Marc comment. He gets me thinking it really isn't taken out of context and there's actually steps being made to repair their friendship. Obviously if he could clarify in person from one of them that would be other worldly, but I believe what he's saying with such confidence that it appears there's enough clues to show something actually happened. I'm so nervous this is all set up for some sort of failure.

Also, I'm not even kidding, someone should get the two of them in a room together and show them the Uproxx clip. It really does encapsulate perfectly their relationship and what they meant to so many people, and I think coming from their old friend they would see it for the great piece it is.

Marc,

Does that.suggest that Beta was out of the picture?

Also, would you say the first meeting was agreed on a certain point or more accodental ie., someones party/wedding, random meeting in the restaurant...

I personal saw the writing on the wall when Matt put a picture of the UYI line up on his FB and wrote 'soon a band like this that has been since'.

Also, that came right after everyone claimed cover band guys received the mail saying to find another job.

Could be they hid this for a year or so.

• Like 1

Its fantastic news if it is true. I've loved the last GnR lineup with the two departing boys in BBF & DJ but no-one compares to Slash. No-one has the same soul to their guitar playing. Axl and Slash have made great music separately but they elevate each other to another level when together. I hope they write a song together again some day but if not at least repairing their friendship would be special. I hope that opportunity extends to other people in Axls former circle of friends too ! ;-)

You deserve that Marc and I really cross my fingers for you...

Had you known Meegan pretty well from the past - was it a shock when you heard about them getting together recently?

I did know her back in 1987. I don't know how they found eachother again but Slash does keep in contact with old girlfriends and he is still on talking terms with a lot of them.

• Like 1

Hi Marc,

I was just wondering if you think the 2 of them could learn to like each others company again? This is fab news, and is likely going to be something taken in small steps with their history. But could you see Axl inviting Slash to one of his Summer parties, or something like that down the line? "Morning Coffee and bring the acoustic"? :) or would your hunch be that they would be cool with each other, get business done, but not really hang out? How would you guess things could be in a years time?

Many thanks!

If they are friends again, that would mean that Axl no longer thinks Slash is the devil but the fact that I was promoting the the band that Slash was in at a time that Axl thought different about Slash, still could mean that he thinks that I have betrayed him. That will probably take more time to heal. Its just a matter of Axl someday realizing that I was only doing what I thought was the right think to do. The book was put together for a good reason and after 12 years of sitting a window was open for it to come out. To me the history of the band did not need to be erased but infact needed to be celebrated. Somewhere deep inside, Axl knows that I love him and only want the best for him. I think it would take us bumping into each other to start the process of us talking again.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 2