Slash and Axl talking

netcord

I can appreciate slash playing with his own band but i don't think it compares to the scale of getting back with gnr. you'd think he'd be wanting to play for thousands instead of hundreds, not to mention the compensation. hopefully they can get it all sorted out. people have said that he's been interested to get back with gnr for some years now, is that not true?

Slash would love to play for a huge crowd of people under the name GNR with the guys that put together those songs. There is a whole new group of people that never got the chance to see that. There was magic made on stage with them together. I'm sure it would be a very big production and they would have fun doing it. However I don't think it would be a year round thing and like I said Slash lneeds to keep busy all the time. When Slash toured with Aerosmith last year, he did gigs in-between the Aerosmith gigs with his own band in nearby towns. It gave him a chance to play more often and he could also have the more personal smaller crowds. Also keep in mind that Steven Tyler has gotton older and can't go out there every night and thats also one of the reason Slash's band did some gigs in-between.

• Like 2

I can appreciate slash playing with his own band but i don't think it compares to the scale of getting back with gnr. you'd think he'd be wanting to play for thousands instead of hundreds, not to mention the compensation. hopefully they can get it all sorted out. people have said that he's been interested to get back with gnr for some years now, is that not true?

I don't think Slash cares how many people he plays to. I think, as Marc says, he just cares about playing. And if you see a show thats fairly obvious. He likes the clubs and theaters and his band does wonders in them. His shows lose something when they move to bigger venues, as was clear when I saw him open for Aerosmith. As for GNR, I don't think he's actively been pursuing rejoining. I think, just based off following his interviews and appearances, he's let the hate go (for awhile now in fact) and he's much more comfortable talking about the band, praising his members. I don't think anything really changed, besides the fact that Slash grew up. He's not looking to rejoin GNR or get it started again, its just no longer on the moratorium. I would be surprised if anyone has heard him actually say he's been interested for several years now in rejoining.

Now for Marc, its the question you probably can't answer which I totally understand, but its the question thats eating away at me: have you spoken to Slash at all directly since these rumors really started flaring? Maybe he's been busy, maybe you have and you can't really broadcast what was said, maybe you just don't talk to him that much because of both your schedules. Its great to hear from you how much the song thing makes relations have at least gotten a little better, but it keeps crossing my mind you're like the one guy that could get an honest answer from at least Slash about what all this talk is about. Did hearing any of this news make you reach out (or want to reach out) and just say "Slash, what's up man?" Or maybe thats the last thing he'd want to talk about.

When I talk to Slash, its more about whats going on in our personal lives, our kids that kind of stuff. I try not to talk about GNR with him. I did need him to help me when Reckless Road first came out with some interviews, book signings and other things and he always did what ever I asked him for even though he had his own thing going with other people. He knows that the history was important and needed some attention from him to help and the fact that the Reckless Road started with him years before there was GNR. It covers his first 7 years of him playing music in that book.

in the last few years when we talk music, its been only about the new music that he is involved in. I'm not going to even ask him whats going on between him and Axl right now. Thats their own business even if I knew, I wouldn't talk about it. I'm not TMZ here to report breaking news or private gossip. I did douument something very special and I know more then anyone else about that stuff and love to celebrate it and try to answer peoples questions about that and even make some perdictions for the future but thats it. I'm happy that things have changed for the better between them but whatever it is thats only up to them to talk about it.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 3

I don't think Slash cares how many people he plays to. I think, as Marc says, he just cares about playing. And if you see a show thats fairly obvious. He likes the clubs and theaters and his band does wonders in them. His shows lose something when they move to bigger venues, as was clear when I saw him open for Aerosmith. As for GNR, I don't think he's actively been pursuing rejoining. I think, just based off following his interviews and appearances, he's let the hate go (for awhile now in fact) and he's much more comfortable talking about the band, praising his members. I don't think anything really changed, besides the fact that Slash grew up. He's not looking to rejoin GNR or get it started again, its just no longer on the moratorium. I would be surprised if anyone has heard him actually say he's been interested for several years now in rejoining.

Now for Marc, its the question you probably can't answer which I totally understand, but its the question thats eating away at me: have you spoken to Slash at all directly since these rumors really started flaring? Maybe he's been busy, maybe you have and you can't really broadcast what was said, maybe you just don't talk to him that much because of both your schedules. Its great to hear from you how much the song thing makes relations have at least gotten a little better, but it keeps crossing my mind you're like the one guy that could get an honest answer from at least Slash about what all this talk is about. Did hearing any of this news make you reach out (or want to reach out) and just say "Slash, what's up man?" Or maybe thats the last thing he'd want to talk about.

When I talk to Slash, its more about whats going on in our personal lives, our kids that kind of stuff. I try not to talk about GNR with him. I did need him to help me when Reckless Road first came out with some interviews, book signings and other things and he always did what ever I asked him for even though he had his own thing going with other people. He knows that the history was important and needed some attention from him to help and the fact that the Reckless Road started with him years before there was GNR. It covers his first 7 years of him playing music in that book.

in the last few years when we talk music, its been only about the new music that he is involved in. I'm not going to even ask him whats going on between him and Axl right now. Thats their own business even if I knew, I wouldn't talk about it. I'm not TMZ here to report breaking news or private gossip. I did douument something very special and I know more then anyone else about that stuff and love to celebrate it and try to answer peoples questions about that and even make some perdictions for the future but thats it. I'm happy that things have changed for the better between them but whatever it is thats only up to them to talk about it.

Fair enough. I figured it was probably some sort of case like that and really appreciate the answer.

I'm sure when you and him talk and a sensitive subject comes up, it's not the same as when someone's interviewing him and he grits his teeth and tries to be nice for the interview. You have brothers so you know when you piss each other off, you know when it's ballbusting to be funny, and when a line's been crossed.

Marc,

Fortus referenced the fact that potential material for the next GNR album stems from stuff Slash had started.

Do you see Slash possibly going in to help Axl finish the next album by either writing new guitar parts or working on some of this old material that still exist? Assuming Axl ask him to?

Like you said Slash wants to stay busy year around. This would be a nice way for him to be part of the next Gnr album without committing to anything.

Or do you think Axl will want to prove he can do it without Slash still? Is it kinda a pride thing for him?

Obviously this question has a ton of "If's" but I'd like to know your opinion on if this dynamic could work? Can Slash be a part of the creative process without diving headfirst into the chaos that is Gn'R? Would Axl want that?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and answer our impossible questions ️haha

It is still very good news that they won't block eachother when they want to use the old songs for something new. So much more will get done and I do think they will still end up on the same stage together again at some point. All I'm saying is I wouldn't just expect them all to just drop what they are doing and have a giant reunion. Sure this is all way over due and I'm so happy that they are able to communicate again. Thats all I really wanted them to do all of these years is to be able to talk. Their lives will be much better because of it.

Maybe Axl could make a guest appearance at the next Kings of Chaos gig?