Would you be excited to hear Slash's take on the newer material?

The TIL solo is a fiasco so I'd like to hear him on that one.

Really all the Finck solos apart from Better are pretty bad so I'd be excited to hear his take on those songs, even if it's just live.

messing with Buckethead's TWAT solo is heresy tho. The Buckethead factor is the biggest problem with revisiting the nuGNR material I think.

If I had my druthers they'd rework Catcher and TIL and put them on the new album and leave the rest of CD be. All the industrial/bucketheaded stuff that's in the can needs to be left for what it is but the more classically arranged music can definitely be nuoldgnr songs.

Not at all. Though I'm sure he could improve them immensely, can't say that's how I'd like to see him utilize his time and talent. Would love for Axl to just bury CD. Not in the way he buried AFD however. Because that was a joke. I mean bury it. Literally.

Point per point my thoughts exactly.

The CD era was very depressing, it's better to forget it and move forward. Seeing Slash covering that material would be sad, very sad. Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff (a.k.a. Guns N' Roses) should work together on new material, that's something I'd be VERY excited about.

Edited by IZZYISGNR

They don't need old ideas. The songs are complete anyway, it will be interesting though imo.

They're Axl and Slash. They can write new music together that reflects them now. That's far more interesting imo.

CD ll material could be benefited greatly by Slash I think, just cause it's Slash. It will be more realistic (in dream land) for Slash to add his changes to CD ll and a few new tunes of his own instead of trying to hopelessly write and record a completely new album with Axl from scratch. 20 years. We don't have that.

Edited by Rovim

I sort of would be more excited about Slash doing The Godfather theme, Bad Obsession and Double Talkin Jive.

Slash on Chi dem might be great too. I dont think there would be a problem with SOD, Catcher. TIL. IRS possibly.

They don't need old ideas. The songs are complete anyway, it will be interesting though imo.

They're Axl and Slash. They can write new music together that reflects them now. That's far more interesting imo.

CD ll material could benefit greatly I think, just cause it's Slash. It will be more realistic (in dream land) for Slash to add his changes to CD ll and a few new tunes of his own instead of trying to hopelessly write and record a completely new album with Axl from scratch. 20 years. We don't have that.

You only get a couple of Slash written songs per GNR album anyway. So if they wrote 1 new song together that was as good as Jungle or PC or Coma. That would be enough. Throw in a couple of Izzy songs, a Duff song.

A G-side of Slash, Izzy, Duff, Dizzy songs

A R-side with Axl's CD era material with Slash playing some solos etc.

CD ll material could benefit greatly I think, just cause it's Slash. It will be more realistic (in dream land) for Slash to add his changes to CD ll and a few new tunes of his own instead of trying to hopelessly write and record a completely new album with Axl from scratch. 20 years. We don't have that.

You only get a couple of Slash written songs per GNR album anyway. So if they wrote 1 new song together that was as good as Jungle or PC or Coma. That would be enough. Throw in a couple of Izzy songs, a Duff song.

The album cover will just be a pic of Slash's arm with his new Guns tat. I just feel like he's ready now. He appreciates layers.

Edited by Rovim

You know, it's a thought that hadn't really crossed my mind until now. But if a proper reunion ever did occur, would you be interested in hearing his spin on, say, Better, The Blues, or This I Love? I feel like it would be very interesting at the least.

I don't know that it would be too much different. Maybe as a peace offering Axl would say "go nuts man, play it how you like."

I'd really like to hear an all new solo to the actual song Chinese Democracy by Slash.

The album cover will just be a pic of Slash's arm with his new Guns tat. I just feel like he's ready now. He appreciates layers.

Soloing on Pitman's funky synth beats he thought "fuck it" Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I can't call anything Finck wrote as being too technically advanced. lol

TWAT outro solo was Buckethead and Slash wouldn't be able to touch it.

Ah. He doesn't really need to. All of their solo material can remain solo material. No one is going to the shows hoping they hear TWAT.

• Like 2

I think Axl came up with some really good ideas on CD and I would love to see what Slash & the rest of Guns N' Roses could do with these

songs if they ever reunite. The one song that I really think Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven could lift to another level is Catcher in the

Rye. I thought that Bryan May's Solo complemented the song but what appeared on the album did the opposite. I would also like Guns N'

Roses to work on some of Slash's songs I really like such as Anastasia, live & die by the sword, Ghost & Wicked Stone. Velvet Revolver

also had a number of songs with a lot of potential such as Slither & The Last Fight and I would be very interested to hear what Guns coulddo with these. I also like to see some of Steven's songs such as Alive & Fading worked on, which could be taken to another level. Izzy

has released a lot of music since he left and we know from the writing credits that a lot his ideas made great songs once Slash & Axl had worked on them. Guns N' Roses would have a hell of a lot of material to work with if they reunite & decide to make new music!

For a reunion show Coma could be the Axl n Slash track to add.

Slash - Bad Obsession, DTJM, Coma

Duff - My Michelle, Attitude, So Fine

Izzy - Think About You, 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up

Axl - Dead Horse, Yesterdays, Breakdown

• Like 1