downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

How can Christie run for office? He'd have a massive heart attack the fat fucking lump that he is. :lol:

Bernie is building up steam. Maybe A,erica is ready for a Bernie v. Rand election.

That would be the weirdest and wildest election in U.S. history. Not going to happen, but the country would never be the same were that campaign to happen.

Elizabeth Warren would be a great Dem candidate.

It's been interesting to watch her fight back against Obama's trade push. Were Hillary to run and lose in 2016, there's definitely an opening for Warren in 2020.

How can Christie run for office? He'd have a massive heart attack the fat fucking lump that he is. :lol:

No argument there. I hope he does run though as he'll rough up the other nominees. He's probably the best communicator of the potential Republican nominees. The fact that he's not well liked in his own state of New Jersey doesn't seem to bother him much though.

It's getting about that time again people. The Presidential Candidates are being announced, more will be announced on the way.

So far we have Democrats:

Hilary Clinton - Former First Lady, US Senator from New York

Martin O'Malley - Former Governor of Maryland and former Mayor of Baltimore (If you are a fan of The Wire, he is the inspiration for that character)

Bernie Sanders - Senator from Vermont

Lincoln Chafee - Former Governor of Rhoad Island

Republicans: A bunch of candidates but I think the most significant ones are the following

Rand Paul: Son of Ron Paul, US Senator from Kentrucky.

Rick Santorum: Bible thumping cunt Former US Senator and Representative from Pennsylvania and former Candidate for 2012

Rick Perry: Former Governor of Texas and retard

The real candidate hasn't been announced yet and that is former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the smarter of the Bush children.

Bobby Jindal - Indian American, governor of Louisiana, expected to run in 2012 but fucked up.

I think we can say this campaign will come down to Bush vs. Clinton. Personally I think O'Malley has a chance, he has the ambition for it. Clinton will get attacked by the Benghazi thing and Bush...well he has a family history.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Douchebag vs Turd Sandwich

Whoever the next US President will be, Israel will still continue their occupation of Palestine and their illegal settlements.

Out of the blue lot, Bernie is my guy. Hope he has a bigger chance than I think he does. Other than his likely support of Israel (though he did snub Netanyahu last year), would you fault him with anything Georgy?

Out of the blue lot, Bernie is my guy. Hope he has a bigger chance than I think he does. Other than his likely support of Israel (though he did snub Netanyahu last year), would you fault him with anything Georgy?

Anyone who snubs Netanyahu is my guy.

• Like 1

Who gives a fuck about Israel.

Anyway, I'd love to see Rand Paul.

• Like 1

This is US politics and all you people care about Israel?

fucking lol

Israel pretty much controls our foreign policy in the Middle East. So it is an issue. There's the AIPAC lobby that gives money to Congressmen for favorable views on Israel and there's the numerous Evangelicals who send money in support of Israel. So the President is forced to go along with Israel with the occasional voice of dissent but they will still send them billions of dollars every year and do little about their oppression.

Who gives a fuck about Israel.

Anyway, I'd love to see Rand Paul.

Rand Paul would be great, I actually hope for a bi-partisan ticket like McCain/Lieberman though he was forced to settle with Palin. I think the GOP will be Bush/Paul while Hilary will lead the ticket with either Sanders or O'Malley. Vice President seems to be a worthy next step for O'Malley.

Biden has been quite in his sector, but he is grieving over the loss of his son so he is probably out

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

I really want to think the American people wouldn't be stupid enough to elect ANOTHER Bush, but who the hell knows what we're collectively capable of?

• Like 1

I really want to think the American people wouldn't be stupid enough to elect ANOTHER Bush, but who the hell knows what we're collectively capable of?

They have terrible memories.

There was already a U.S. politics thread (started by me), so I merged the new one stated Georgy with the other thread.

It's getting about that time again people. The Presidential Candidates are being announced, more will be announced on the way.

So far we have Democrats:

Hilary Clinton - Former First Lady, US Senator from New York

Martin O'Malley - Former Governor of Maryland and former Mayor of Baltimore (If you are a fan of The Wire, he is the inspiration for that character)

Bernie Sanders - Senator from Vermont

Lincoln Chafee - Former Governor of Rhoad Island

Republicans: A bunch of candidates but I think the most significant ones are the following

Rand Paul: Son of Ron Paul, US Senator from Kentrucky.

Rick Santorum: Bible thumping cunt Former US Senator and Representative from Pennsylvania and former Candidate for 2012

Rick Perry: Former Governor of Texas and retard

The real candidate hasn't been announced yet and that is former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, the smarter of the Bush children.

Bobby Jindal - Indian American, governor of Louisiana, expected to run in 2012 but fucked up.

I think we can say this campaign will come down to Bush vs. Clinton. Personally I think O'Malley has a chance, he has the ambition for it. Clinton will get attacked by the Benghazi thing and Bush...well he has a family history.

My opinion, the Republican nominees most likely to win the nomination are Jeb Bush, Scott Walker, Chris Christy, and Marco Rubio.

Santorum will not benefit from the traditional pattern of picking the guy who came in second from the previous primary season. He benefited from an extremely weak field and was the anti-Romney vote. He won't have those advantages again.

Rand Paul is far too outside of the Republican orthodoxy in regards to foreign policy. He's also just not very bright (see: repeatedly plagiarizing speeches).

Rick Perry, not a fucking chance. One word: Oops!

But yeah, likely another Bush v. Clinton contest. Regardless, Clinton should win handily in the general. The coalitions that elected Obama to two terms are still there and growing. While some dispute the charge, I do believe in the notion that demographics is destiny. The Republican coalition is getting too old and too white to win another Presidency for a least another couple more Presidential election cycles (baring any extraordinary events).

There was already a U.S. politics thread (started by me), so I merged the new one stated Georgy with the other thread.

I should have fucking known!

What issues will be the main focus? Foreign policy has always been my interest. Some pressing issues are Ukraine, Israel-Palestine conflict and the thread of IS. I feel at this point putting boots on the ground would effectively remove IS from Iraq, but there's still the weak Iraq government that fails to appeal to it Sunni population (naturally the Shia lead government favors the Shia majority) and any attack on IS in Syria may have been beneficial to Assad's regime which the US does not want, which Assad is also backed by Russia and China which complicates it even further.

The ever increasing deficit complicated by two wars, mismanagement and other factors will complicate the issue. Clinton will have the advantage in foreign policy but GOP will use the "Benghazi Gate" against her but it won't hurt her. They say the Reverend White crap would hurt Obama. The GOP will have a bigger problem with Hilary, the women vote that they can't seem to get thanks to past Republicans and their fucked up definitions of rape.

Fortunately there a shit trail a mile long even behind the whole Benghazi thing.

It is another reason they are so hesitant to deal with Syria and IS.

After 8 years of Obama, remember no where to go but up

Crest will make your teeth fall out. Colgate will give you a perfect smile forever.

Clinton will have the advantage in foreign policy but GOP will use the "Benghazi Gate" against her but it won't hurt her.

good thing for her she didn't do something like have an associate who phoned in a lane closure on a bridge or something, God forbid.

Look as long as we continue to allow our state sponsored media to dictate who gets a pass and who doesn't we will likely continue down our path of "leaders elected by the uninformed".

And hence the downward spiral morally, economically, and most troubling our foreign policy of ignore it and maybe it will go away by itself.

I've come to the realization that I can not save this country from itself so I'll find a way to shortcut the best way to make it work fr me, I am no longer my brothers keeper, fuck him.

They can still steal my tax dollars to feed the greedy but they can't make me like it.

All else aside I think we need a president with a big set of balls to confront the most obvious threat to our daily existence, which if not addressed I think all else won't matter much anyway.

And from what I see so far Hillary has the biggest set.

So she has my vote as of this moment, but stay tuned.

What issues will be the main focus? Foreign policy has always been my interest. Some pressing issues are Ukraine, Israel-Palestine conflict and the thread of IS. I feel at this point putting boots on the ground would effectively remove IS from Iraq, but there's still the weak Iraq government that fails to appeal to it Sunni population (naturally the Shia lead government favors the Shia majority) and any attack on IS in Syria may have been beneficial to Assad's regime which the US does not want, which Assad is also backed by Russia and China which complicates it even further.

The ever increasing deficit complicated by two wars, mismanagement and other factors will complicate the issue. Clinton will have the advantage in foreign policy but GOP will use the "Benghazi Gate" against her but it won't hurt her. They say the Reverend White crap would hurt Obama. The GOP will have a bigger problem with Hilary, the women vote that they can't seem to get thanks to past Republicans and their fucked up definitions of rape.

Foreign policy is almost never a major issue to most American voters, save for when the country is involved (or considering) in large-scale military combat (1940, 1952, 1968, 1980 - Iran-hostage situation, 2004, 2008). Domestic concerns are generally what prompt voters to select one candidate over another. Should the war with ISIS or al Qaeda spill over to the homeland, then you'll see it take on greater importance.

You're right in that Clinton will have the edge in foreign policy against almost any Republican challenger. Most GOP candidates are to the left of her when it comes to the use of military forces. The 2016 debate on foreign policy would look very similar to the Romney-Obama debate in 2012 with the GOP candidate playing rope-a-dope. Only Rand Paul can offer a true alternative in the general election, and most Americans still favour the use of U.S. military forces to project American influence and interests.

Benghazi only really matters to those who already do not like her. It will likely have a negligible effect on swinging many voters. What I think may hurt her is the questionable donations to the Clinton Foundation while she sat of the board, and whether those donations beholden her to the source of the funds. But ultimately I do think Benghazi, the separate email server, nor the Clinton Foundation issue will prevent her from winning the Democratic nomination and ultimately the White House. Matters such as those generally do not resonate with the average voter who generally decides based on whether the candidate, and the party he/she represents, will improve their lives (or cause the least amount of pain) the most.

Fortunately there a shit trail a mile long even behind the whole Benghazi thing.

Won't matter come the general election. It's an issue that will run its course and most Americans will either be tired of hearing about it or have already made up their minds on the matter.

• Like 1

When I saw downzy as the most recent post, I was really hoping he was going to get into it with shades.

Ah, nostalgia. :lol:

Edited by magisme