downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

The whole system is rigged dude.

Of course it is. I honestly feel like more and more people are realizing it. Your generation seems less brainwashed to me. Apathy could be a problem, though. But maybe not. Maybe you guys are right. Maybe there's nothing to do but wait for it to eat itself.

• GNFNR 1

Of course it is. I honestly feel like more and more people are realizing it. Your generation seems less brainwashed to me. Apathy could be a problem, though. But maybe not. Maybe you guys are right. Maybe there's nothing to do but wait for it to eat itself.

Throughout my entire lifetime I've only had one President who's last name wasn't Bush or Clinton. Obama is just a facade. He's just grooming the trail for another Clinton in the White House.

Beyond that, Republicans and Democrats run the same way. Money talks. Don't bite the hand that feeds and do as corporate America says.

It's not like he has a chance to win. This is just another swinging watch hypnotizing the crowd.

which is exactly what Hillary should be considered as and really nothing more,

so why is it you think the media builds her up otherwise.

I don't know, perhaps it's because she's been a first lady, a senator, and the Secretary of State who has met countless foreign dignitaries and knows the system inside and out.

Now contrast that with Trump, and you're telling me you don't see a difference?

big difference,

Trump, to my knowledge hasn't taken monies for favor from foreign interests, hasn't shredded official documents pertaining to national affairs, or basically acted like a privileged twat when asked about national security questions from oversight committees. I don't hold any illusion that Donald trump can be the president, but I will stand firmly that he is more qualified to fix some problems facing our country at this point and time. Most notably China eating our lunch. Hillary is just another Obama and you see what that got us

It's not like he has a chance to win. This is just another swinging watch hypnotizing the crowd.

which is exactly what Hillary should be considered as and really nothing more,

so why is it you think the media builds her up otherwise.

I don't know, perhaps it's because she's been a first lady, a senator, and the Secretary of State who has met countless foreign dignitaries and knows the system inside and out.

Now contrast that with Trump, and you're telling me you don't see a difference?

big difference,

Trump, to my knowledge hasn't taken monies for favor from foreign interests, hasn't shredded official documents pertaining to national affairs, or basically acted like a privileged twat when asked about national security questions from oversight committees. I don't hold any illusion that Donald trump can be the president, but I will stand firmly that he is more qualified to fix some problems facing our country at this point and time. Most notably China eating our lunch. Hillary is just another Obama and you see what that got us

A shrinking deficit, a lower unemployment rate, higher stock markets, lower rate of uninsured for healthcare, positive GDP growth, higher consumer confidence, greater protections for the environment, the existence of the automative industry....

Yeah, just terrible.

you need to change the channel oh great one,

the shrinking deficit one is hilarious by the way,

lower unemployment? doesnt matter what kind of jobs though right, as long as you got your numbers.

and that healthcare debacle is just waiting for him to leave before it collapses on itself, he is already setting up the GOP congress to take the fall when it does. and it will.

The AHC numbers are phony and you know it, so stop it already.

I'm not sure who's funnier, the clown himself or the people sitting in the stands

Hasn't everyone always thought that though, this isnt a new thing, that politics is a big stitch up. To the man on the street over here thats been the standard line since forever.

you need to change the channel oh great one,

the shrinking deficit one is hilarious by the way,

lower unemployment? doesnt matter what kind of jobs though right, as long as you got your numbers.

and that healthcare debacle is just waiting for him to leave before it collapses on itself, he is already setting up the GOP congress to take the fall when it does. and it will.

The AHC numbers are phony and you know it, so stop it already.

I'm not sure who's funnier, the clown himself or the people sitting in the stands

I'd ask for actual sources to back up your claims, but meh, we both that's not going to happen.

You don't understand how hard it is not to have victories anymore, downzy.

Well, how do you have victories with so many Mexican rapists allowed in the country? They're raping all your victories away!

If you elect Trump, he'll design a car so great and so classy America will dump victories on the rest of the world.

Nice to know Trump loves a wounded soldier. He just loves them. The more wounded, the better.

keep in mind these pokes at the Donald are coming from folks that voted for a ticket with Joe Biden on it.....twice

You'd never catch President Trump on a bicycle damn it!

You'd never catch President Trump on a bicycle damn it!

Not without a hairnet. :lol:

keep in mind these pokes at the Donald are coming from folks that voted for a ticket with Joe Biden on it.....twice

No, I didn't. Not even once.

I will admit, that speech was entertaining as fuck.

It's as though he's doing an impersonation of someone doing an impersonation of himself.

I watched Colbert's take on it afterward and to be honest, Trump was funnier. The absurdity that was that announcement is to the point that it transcends satire. It's as if Trump was asked to write a 45 minute SNL sketch.

I think one of my favourite moments is when Trump talks about the GDP being negative last quarter. He acted like that's never happened in the history of the country.

I think one of my favourite moments is when Trump talks about the GDP being negative last quarter. He acted like that's never happened in the history of the country.

That is because he doesn't know the history of the country.

That is because he doesn't know the history of the country.

That's because he's too busy knowing all the top negotiators in the world.

I also enjoyed listening to his fantasy of coercing Ford to move its production back to the States. I suppose he either knows nothing about NAFTA or doesn't care. His little "fuck you" solution would cause a trade war of epic proportions.

I think at this point my dream Presidential debate would be Donald Trump versus Bernie Sanders. How great would it be to watch a guy from Queens versus a guy from Brooklyn duke it out. I'd put the over-under of "fuck you's" at 92.5 for a two hour debate.

And LOL at this:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-offered-actors-803161

• Like 1

If anyone wants a war with Iran, better elect his guy. Didn't the Ayatollah of Iran say it is against Islam to produce nuclear weapons?

If anyone wants a war with Iran, better elect his guy. Didn't the Ayatollah of Iran say it is against Islam to produce nuclear weapons?

I would say that the only way the U.S. avoids a war with Iran is to elect anyone other than Rand Paul (and maybe Hillary). A Jeb or Rubio or Walker Presidency would likely result in military conflict with Iran. Hillary is fairly hawkish, so who knows, unless Obama's foreign policy team can tie up negotiations soon, it might be unavoidable.

That is great he is talking about his money, that he is immune to lobbyists. But Congress isn't.

I would say that the only way the U.S. avoids a war with Iran is to elect anyone other than Rand Paul (and maybe Hillary). A Jeb or Rubio or Walker Presidency would likely result in military conflict with Iran. Hillary is fairly hawkish, so who knows, unless Obama's foreign policy team can tie up negotiations soon, it might be unavoidable.

My generation, the generation fighting the war, will never support a war with Iran. Declaring war with Iran would be a huge mistake.