Jump to content
downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Padme said:

This time the situation is different. There is already a war in Syria. This is about ending an existing war. With or without chemical weapons this war has to end the sooner the better.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/10/russia-hits-back-over-syria-chemical-attack-with-call-for-un-inquiry

It could be a NATO operation eventually. The UK and France are willing to take action

Sorry but i'll pass on war with Russia just so we can topple Assad and leave Syria a bigger shithole than it is now like we have everywhere else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Padme said:

This time the situation is different. There is already a war in Syria. This is about ending an existing war. With or without chemical weapons this war has to end the sooner the better.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/10/russia-hits-back-over-syria-chemical-attack-with-call-for-un-inquiry

It could be a NATO operation eventually. The UK and France are willing to take action

This isn't going to end a war. If there's any lessons to be learned from the last few decades, it's that bombs only make things worse.

So does electing loonies to high office. 

Trump is going to get us killed and his diplomacy is just as bad as dealing with Putin. May is fucking incompetent and Macron thinks Margret Thatcher is someone to be admired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Forget everything!

Paul Ryan won't seek reelection!!! This is a big blow for the GOP

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/politics/paul-ryan-retirement-house-speaker/index.html

Wow!! when diehards like Ryan are jumping ship you know things are bad in the GOP.....This is a guy who was one of the rising stars, in the GOP, and possible candidate for POTUS in the not to distant future, calling it quits.........I am not getting my hopes up just yet, but it would be epic if the Democrats take back both houses of Congress at the midterms and begin to try to stop the madness.........

Edited by classicrawker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Too late mate Trump has already lit the fuse..........

 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/politics/trump-missiles-tweet/index.html

I'm not so sure now, too many issues at home. I don't think Congress will pass a resolution to go to war. It is clear now Republicans are not happy with Trump despite anything they might tell to the likes of Tucker Carson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not so sure now, too many issues at home. I don't think Congress will pass a resolution to go to war. It is clear now Republicans are not happy with Trump despite anything they might tell to the likes of Tucker Carson.

If he antagonizes Russia by attacking Assad's Military and/ accidentally kills Russians  then Congress  may  have no choice but to support Military action if things escalate..........let's hope any response to the gassing is a token cruise missile strike and it does not get that far..........

Edited by classicrawker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

If he antagonizes Russia by attacking Assad's Military and/ accidentally kills Russians  then Congress  may  have no choice but to support Military action if things escalate..........let's hope any response to the gassing is a token cruise missile strike and it does not get that far..........

 

They'll release the hooker pee tape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still won't believe it until I see it, but with Ryan stepping down it basically means any hope Republicans have of keeping the house is essentially gone.  Very few people step down from one of the most powerful positions in Western politics unless they're mired in scandal or lose an election.  The fact that Ryan is announcing his departure seven months before the election is kind of mind-blowing.  I hope this frees him up like other Republicans who have announced they're no longer running and he starts to reign in the nut job in the White House.  Ryan's first move should be to remove Nunes from any committee and neuter any power currently enjoyed.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russia says don't send any missiles to Syria or else.

Trump tweets "here come the missiles".

You know what, Russia is involved in so much terrible shit that I wish someone would put them on notice.

this whole world has gone to shit and yet they keep doing horrible shit to innocent people.

Russia couldn't handle Afganastan, so I doubt they would do anything to the US.

Let the games begin!

Putin should be put on notice too. If the Russian had the strength to overthrow their government they would, but the people are so weak from hunger and oppression that there's nothing they can do to free themselves.

I would just press the buttons and let the world go up in flames!

6 hours ago, classicrawker said:

If he antagonizes Russia by attacking Assad's Military and/ accidentally kills Russians  then Congress  may  have no choice but to support Military action if things escalate..........let's hope any response to the gassing is a token cruise missile strike and it does not get that far..........

And that leader will continue to kill his people and the world will just sit and watch?

Come on! This Assad is worse than Saddaum ever was. Maybe the US and it's allies need to really take care of Syria.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Russia says don't send any missiles to Syria or else.

Trump tweets "here come the missiles".

You know what, Russia is involved in so much terrible shit that I wish someone would put them on notice.

this whole world has gone to shit and yet they keep doing horrible shit to innocent people.

Russia couldn't handle Afganastan, so I doubt they would do anything to the US.

Let the games begin!

Putin should be put on notice too. If the Russian had the strength to overthrow their government they would, but the people are so weak from hunger and oppression that there's nothing they can do to free themselves.

I would just press the buttons and let the world go up in flames!

And that leader will continue to kill his people and the world will just sit and watch?

Come on! This Assad is worse than Saddaum ever was. Maybe the US and it's allies need to really take care of Syria.

Saddam was pretty awful... Not saying that had anything to do with the invasion, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Putin should be put on notice too. If the Russian had the strength to overthrow their government they would, but the people are so weak from hunger and oppression that there's nothing they can do to free themselves.

Errr, you do realise that Putin has massive popular support from the public in Russia?

Edited by Dazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downzy said:

I still won't believe it until I see it, but with Ryan stepping down it basically means any hope Republicans have of keeping the house is essentially gone.  Very few people step down from one of the most powerful positions in Western politics unless they're mired in scandal or lose an election.  The fact that Ryan is announcing his departure seven months before the election is kind of mind-blowing.  I hope this frees him up like other Republicans who have announced they're no longer running and he starts to reign in the nut job in the White House.  Ryan's first move should be to remove Nunes from any committee and neuter any power currently enjoyed.  

 

I figured he might be in trouble. Or he's thinking about running for Senator or President. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downzy said:

I still won't believe it until I see it, but with Ryan stepping down it basically means any hope Republicans have of keeping the house is essentially gone.  Very few people step down from one of the most powerful positions in Western politics unless they're mired in scandal or lose an election.  The fact that Ryan is announcing his departure seven months before the election is kind of mind-blowing.  I hope this frees him up like other Republicans who have announced they're no longer running and he starts to reign in the nut job in the White House.  Ryan's first move should be to remove Nunes from any committee and neuter any power currently enjoyed.  

Yeah well he better hurry with Nunes as that  Trump nutswinger is preparing to go after Rosenstein to give Trump cover to fire him..........

 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/politics/rod-rosenstein-house-republicans-nunes/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Russia says don't send any missiles to Syria or else.

Trump tweets "here come the missiles".

You know what, Russia is involved in so much terrible shit that I wish someone would put them on notice.

this whole world has gone to shit and yet they keep doing horrible shit to innocent people.

Russia couldn't handle Afganastan, so I doubt they would do anything to the US.

Let the games begin!

Putin should be put on notice too. If the Russian had the strength to overthrow their government they would, but the people are so weak from hunger and oppression that there's nothing they can do to free themselves.

I would just press the buttons and let the world go up in flames!

And that leader will continue to kill his people and the world will just sit and watch?

Come on! This Assad is worse than Saddaum ever was. Maybe the US and it's allies need to really take care of Syria.

All I can say is I am glad you are not  the person with the finger on the nuclear button.............:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

All I can say is I am glad you are not  the person with the finger on the nuclear button.............:lol:

He may not have a finger on the button yet but based on his post he probably has about 17 fingers so don't hold your breath. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are some people so hard on for war? If they want to fight, they should go over to Syria and fight. Grow a pair and go fight Assad or what's left of ISIS. Bring your own guns. BYOG.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Yeah well he better hurry with Nunes as that  Trump nutswinger is preparing to go after Rosenstein to give Trump cover to fire him..........

 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/politics/rod-rosenstein-house-republicans-nunes/index.html

Ryan has ultimately shown himself as a con man.  For years, he presented himself as a budget wonk who was on a solitary mission to cut the deficit and reduce the federal debt.  He finally has the power to do it and not only does the government approve of some of the largest deficit spending in non-crisis/military-engaged years in America's history, he runs away two years after Republicans have control of all three branches.  Talk about about being disingenuous.  Obviously America's debt obligations were never that big of a concern for Ryan; only an issue to bolster his name as he ascended to the highest position of power in America's pre-eminent legislative body.  

As such, I don't see him having the backbone or the moral character to do what's right with respect to the abject travesty that is the House Intelligence Commitee and it's Chairmen, Senior Von Fuck Face Devin Nunes.  Ryan is a guy that never did the right thing and now that his political career is seemingly coming to an end I don't expect him to find some back bone now.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to see some of the school boards, unions and teachers fighting back against decades of funding cuts to education.  West Virginia started the fight and it continues today in many other states, particularly in Oklahoma.  

Came across this news story about a kid being excited when she discovered that she now had the same textbook once used by country musician Blake Sheldon.  

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/4/11/17220372/oklahoma-teachers-blake-shelton-textbook

36 years and the school is still using the same textbooks.  

People want to blame liberal elitism or the PC movement as the reason Trump won.  I think stories like this one reveal a more likely cause.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Why are some people so hard on for war? If they want to fight, they should go over to Syria and fight. Grow a pair and go fight Assad or what's left of ISIS. Bring your own guns. BYOG.

No shit. 

Syria isn't our fucking problem. Every time we get involved in foreign conflicts we have no business being in, thousands of people die, billions of dollars are wasted, and the country just ends up being overtaken by another extremist group. 

I heard on NPR that America has Britain's support for air strikes. Seems to be just a matter of time now unfortunately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity, has a former director of the FBI ever written a book about a sitting president...one year into his term? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you know the answer to that question so why do you ask?  What is your point?

Edited by classicrawker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Out of curiosity, has a former director of the FBI ever written a book about a sitting president...one year into his term? 

 

Has a president ever fired a sitting FBI Director for investigating his criminal activities?

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Out of curiosity, has a former director of the FBI ever written a book about a sitting president...one year into his term? 

 

I think James Comey was only the seventh appointed Director of the FBI. Hoover held the position for over 35 years and there have only been a handful of directors since (not counting the individuals who served as acting directors because of transition from the outgoing to the newly Senate approved directors).  So not a whole lot to compare to.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

I think you know the answer to that question so why do you ask?  What is your point?

It's funny that you guys are still 'resisting'. The USA is doing good under Trump. James Comey and the whole swamp won't do anything good for you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×