downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

12 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Kanye has supported Trump for a while now....so not so sure why everyone is so shocked about it now.

I'm not sure how much reporting was done on it; all i remember was Kanye going to meet Trump in Trump's tower shortly after the election.  I don't recall Kanye explicitly supporting Trump.

Regardless, Kenya has traveled a long way from calling out George Bush for not caring about black people to championing someone like Trump.

2 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Because Trump hates black people?

I don't know if he hates them, but he has a long history of demeaning and insensitive behaviour and dialogue about black people:

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history

And if we want to compare apples to apples, have a look at what's been going on in Puerto Rico (or, better said, what's not been going on in Puerto Rico).  He sure doesn't seem like he cares much for brown people considering the terrible response to Hurricane Irma and Maria.

And we wonder why Trump has a hard time retaining top-notch legal council:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/trump-fox-news-interview-cited-in-michael-cohen-filing.html

Cohen's argument before the court is that most of the stuff the Feds confiscated is inadmissible because it violates attorney-client confidentiality.  

And then Trump chimes in on Fox and Friends and says that Cohen did very little legal work and his connections with Cohen is mostly related to business.  

LOL.  

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

And we wonder why Trump has a hard time retaining top-notch legal council:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/trump-fox-news-interview-cited-in-michael-cohen-filing.html

Cohen's argument before the court is that most of the stuff the Feds confiscated is inadmissible because it violates attorney-client confidentiality.  

And then Trump chimes in on Fox and Friends and says that Cohen did very little legal work and his connections with Cohen is mostly related to business.  

LOL.  

This kinda thing is just so ridiculous I struggle for words! President Fuckwit blows up his own attorneys court case on a fucking daytime TV phone interview! :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Dazey said:

This kinda thing is just so ridiculous I struggle for words! President Fuckwit blows up his own attorneys court case on a fucking daytime TV phone interview! :lol: 

This is what I can't get past.  I suppose in some world Trump's politics speaks to some people, but how can anyone, whether they agree with his politics or not, see Trump as a man as anything other than a complete moron?

In other Trump news 

• EPA Chief taking a beating from Congressional lawmakers over his questionable spending 
  • Ronny Jackson, Trumps hand picked man, withdraws from as VA nominee because of questionable behavior
  • Interim head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Mick Mulvaney admits he would not talk to lobbyists unless they gave money
  • Trump hints he may meddle in the DOJ because he does not like how it is being run

Can this administration be anymore incompetent or corrupt?

13 hours ago, Padme said:

Ford is making America miserable again. They are getting rid of most cars, not only in the U.S. but also in Canada and Mexico.  Get a Mustang or SUV. There won't be many more choices

http://money.cnn.com/2018/04/25/autos/ford-cars-north-america/index.html

That's because their cars suck. Americans would rather buy Honda or Toyota. 

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Hes a guy that keeps bringing up potential blackmail another country has on him completely unprompted to the head of the FBI.

If thats not dumb enough he tells a provable lie about not staying overnight.

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

In other Trump news 

• EPA Chief taking a beating from Congressional lawmakers over his questionable spending 
  • Ronny Jackson, Trumps hand picked man, withdraws from as VA nominee because of questionable behavior
  • Interim head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Mick Mulvaney admits he would not talk to lobbyists unless they gave money
  • Trump hints he may meddle in the DOJ because he does not like how it is being run

Can this administration be anymore incompetent or corrupt?

I wonder how in 2020 he’ll talk about the swamp?

Funny thing about Trump admitting this morning that Cohen did represents him with Stormy Daniels is that he's now very likely going to have to testify in the case.  Had he kept his mouth shut and pretended as though Cohen acted on his own accorded, he likely could have avoided testifying in the case.  Now that option is likely closed for him.  And Trump under oath is not any place Trump wants to be (see: Clinton).  

Every time I hear legal experts explain how badly Trump shot himself in the foot this morning I find myself literally laughing out loud.  

Also to consider is how Trump tried to minimize his relationship with Cohen.  That probably doesn't give Cohen much confidence that Trump will have his back and might give him more motivation to flip.  

7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Or Subarus. They are huge here in AK, WA, OR etc. I love my Subaru! 

Just now, marlingrl03 said:

Me too!  Bought a 2017 Outback last year.  Great car so far!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Me too!  Bought a 2017 Outback last year.  Great car so far!

I have a 2008 Subaru Impreza sedan that only has like 50,000 miles and still going strong. They last forever! The new Outbacks are sweet! :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yes of course. But Ford is to blame. Ford fucked it up. So Henry is turning in his grave. America's car industry is gone with the wind. But all the CEOs and high rank executives still live like kings.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Yes of course. But Ford is to blame. Ford fucked it up. So Henry is turning in his grave. America's car industry is gone with the wind. But all the CEOs and high rank executives still live like kings.

Yeah, well fuck that anti-Semitic piece of shit.

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I currently drive a Chevy. Not a fan of Chevy in general. My next car will be Japanese or German. Woe to the American automobile industry, but they did this to themselves.

29 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

????? :question:

:huh:

2 hours ago, Padme said:

????? :question:

:huh:

You have never heard of that? Henry Ford was an atrocious character. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have never heard of that? Henry Ford was an atrocious character. 

I have. But he was the founder of the company. And despite stupid prejudice and many things anyone could have against him. It was him and people like him who made America great, not clowns like Trump. And clearly not the clowns who are running Ford now. And that also means members of the Ford family themselves

Just now, Padme said:

I have. But he was the founder of the company. And despite stupid prejudice and many things anyone could have against him. It was him and people like him who made America great, not clowns like Trump. And clearly not the clowns who are running Ford now. And that also means members of the Ford family themselves

His antisemitism was remarkable for his time (his articles were denounced by the Anti-Defamation League). He had a newspaper and book (The International Jew) which were filled with appalling antisemitism. These publications were translated into German where they were disseminated by the Nazis. 

Hitler used to keep a portrait of Ford in his office!

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

His antisemitism was remarkable for his time (his articles were denounced by the Anti-Defamation League). He had a newspaper and book (The International Jew) which were filled with appalling antisemitism. These publications were translated into German where they were disseminated by the Nazis. 

Hitler used to keep a portrait of Ford in his office!

That doesn't take away what he created. And he didn't join the Nazi Army during the war. He did exactly the opposite. All U.S. car makers were working for the U.S. Army. 

6 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I currently drive a Chevy. Not a fan of Chevy in general. My next car will be Japanese or German. Woe to the American automobile industry, but they did this to themselves.

I have a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it is the fourth one as I have owned over the last 25 years. I have  owned  a 1993 ( the first year), 1998 and 2004 models and they have all ran like champs with no major issues. The 1993 had 150K miles when I traded it in, the 2008 had 90K miles, but was involved in an external fire incident so it was declared totaled by insurance, and my 2004 had 250K miles on it before the minor repairs  ($2000 worth) it required did not make sense to do which is why I bought my 2017 model but the engine on that 2004 still ran strong and it started every time no issue.

The Japanese make fantastic cars but American car makers do make very good cars for the most part these days IMHO.........

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

North and South Korea will formally end the Korean war this year. After over 60 years of South Korean aggression the people came to their senses and elected a leader who will bring the two countries together.  Thank you Moon Jae-In. Wish America had a leader like you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, classicrawker said:

The Japanese make fantastic cars but American car makers do make very good cars for the most part these days IMHO.........

For most intents and purposes American cars have closed the gap in terms of quality/reliability, etc with Japanese cars.  Overall, Japanese cars tend to be slightly more reliable but it's nowhere near the disparity it was 30 years ago.