Jump to content
downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Laced Bedpill said:

You guys have been fun. It's clear from the level of your dialogue that you don't know anything and you have nothing significant to say (possible exception of Omar), so the fun can only last so long. I would have liked to examine the logic of your positions, but ultimately your positions are based on emotion, so it's a futile pursuit.

Be well. Beware the falling sky. :lol:

I'm sure we will see you again under a different account. 

Happy holidays, Shades! Sorry I mean, Merry Christmas, I know how insecure you right wingers are about losing Christmas to Athiests and Muslims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Laced Bedpill said:

It's clear from the level of your dialogue that you don't know anything and you have nothing significant to say

 

h7wyFJD.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, the problem child is gone.  

Just a friendly reminder: alt accounts will be banned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Padme said:

I think it's a combination of forces but mostly conservatives/Trump supporters not needing to be coddled as much with a "news" network now that their team is control of everything.  President Obama was the greatest gift to Fox News.

The other thing that hasn't helped Fox is they have become an even bigger laughing stock with their constant support of a President who hardly deserves any.  A prime time populated by wastes of space like Sean Hannity, Laura Ingram, and Tucker Carlson doesn't help your "news" reputation in the long run:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/2018-in-review-tucker-carlson-vs-tucker-carlson

Finally, I would like to believe that demographics is starting to play a factor but that's probably wishful thinking at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think it's a combination of forces but mostly conservatives/Trump supporters not needing to be coddled as much with a "news" network now that their team is control of everything.  President Obama was the greatest gift to Fox News.

The other thing that hasn't helped Fox is they have become an even bigger laughing stock with their constant support of a President who hardly deserves any.  A prime time populated by wastes of space like Sean Hannity, Laura Ingram, and Tucker Carlson doesn't help your "news" reputation in the long run:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/2018-in-review-tucker-carlson-vs-tucker-carlson

Finally, I would like to believe that demographics is starting to play a factor but that's probably wishful thinking at this point.  

I agree that the likes of Tucker Carlson have turned Fox News from a conservative leaning network to a mere propaganda machine for Trump. But the lower ratings is something very recent. Why is it happening now and not a year ago? Their blatant propaganda didn't start yesterday nor a month ago.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Padme said:

I agree that the likes of Tucker Carlson have turned Fox News from a conservative leaning network to a mere propaganda machine for Trump. But the lower ratings is something very recent. Why is it happening now and not a year ago? Their blatant propaganda didn't start yesterday nor a month ago.

 

Momentum...  Things take time.  I also think there were a number of people who voted Trump who likely watch/watched Fox News but don't drink the Kool-Aid.  They likely gave both Trump and Fox the benefit of the doubt for a while but now can see through the nonsense.  

Another possibility is the souring projections on the economy for 2019.  Stocks have not been doing great the last month and I think it's hard to square all this talk about how well Trump is doing with the hit people have taken in the stock market.  There has also been a rash of layoff announcements in recent weeks/months that contradict Trump's claims that he's bringing jobs back from China.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the further right/ extremist "news" and discussion shows on YT and elsewhere have captivated some of their audience? Like Fox was the gateway drug and now seems light by comparison?

Seems like a demographic who would double down on support for people being deplatformed, like Jones for example. The audience likes a fight, so they will get more into those embattled fringe voices during this point in a culture war?

Edited by soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soon said:

I wonder if the further right/ extremist "news" and discussion shows on YT and elsewhere have captivated some of their audience? Like Fox was the gateway drug and now seems light by comparison?

Seems like a demographic who would double down on support for people being deplatformed, like Jones for example. The audience likes a fight, so they will get more into those embattled fringe voices during this point in a culture war?

Far right media target is youg people. But according to the article I posted. It is young people moving away from Fox to either CNN or MSNBC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2018 at 9:51 AM, Padme said:

With the Dow plunging, Flynn sentencing, Mattis out, and shut down looming - all happening in the same week :lol: Could explain a viewership bump and/or decrease to the respective stations.

Will be interesting if it becomes a trend though. I definitely feel the tide turning against Trump. This December was his worst month yet and doesn't look like it'll get better with the Mueller report coming.

Edited by -W.A.R-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it true Trump has been taking diet pills aka amphetamines for many years? If so that explains a lot lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Trump said he talked to the President of China or whatever they call their head buy about making the drub phentenol illegal and giving it the highest penalty if someone is caught with it. He said China is the largest importer of this drug. Let's see if this happens.

Also Trump said, Mexico was back paying for the wall. I saw his press conference on the news channel. Is this fake news?

Also the US troops are leaving Syria very soon because ISIS has been defeated! Now that's fake news for sure!

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Also Trump said, Mexico was back paying for the wall. I saw his press conference on the news channel. Is this fake news?

Yes. Trump is in this weird and totally counter productive space on the border. On one hand hes saying the wall is under construction (its not) and hes made all this progress - while arguing the exact opposite to get funding in the spending bill. I'd be shocked if Democrats were to buckle and give him funding at this point - setting up an extremely embarrassing moment for Trump having to tuck his tail between his legs for all to see.

Knowing Trump this shutdown may never end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Yes. Trump is in this weird and totally counter productive space on the border. On one hand hes saying the wall is under construction (its not) and hes made all this progress - while arguing the exact opposite to get funding in the spending bill. I'd be shocked if Democrats were to buckle and give him funding at this point - setting up an extremely embarrassing moment for Trump having to tuck his tail between his legs for all to see.

Knowing Trump this shutdown may never end.

The latest I heard is that the negotiation will be(yet again!) money for the wall and the spending bill in exchage for DACA. However a lot has changed. Right now there are about 2k people wating and trying to get in at the border. On top of that, those separated families already in. So I guess the first thing to do is to deal with those people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose Republicans will eventually crack and just override Trump's veto once things start to get hairy.

Current record is 21 days - looking as if that will be surpassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×