downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

1 hour ago, downzy said:

It's as if no Trump supporter has ever heard of Orwell's book Animal Farm.  

I'm sure they've heard of it. They just haven't managed to find anybody to read it to them yet. :lol:

• Haha 1

Trump is talking on tv tonight again.

I read on yahoo.com that instead of trying to come to some compromise on what the President wants, the Democratic party just want their air time. What bullshit is this?

Meanwhile, the people who work for the government aren't getting paid and nothing gets done.

I don't get it?

12 hours ago, Padme said:

Rock The Senate ;)

I agree with Axl, but it seems the democratic party isn't any better. It's all  a power game with the US citizens caught in the crossfire.

We're now getting somewhere...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/manafort-suggests-he-gave-suspected-russian-spy-2016-polling-data?ref=home

Manafort accused of providing internal polling data to individuals accused by Mueller of being Russian operatives while Manafort was part of Trump's campaign staff.

If true, then the question becomes: did Trump know about it.  If so, forget charges of conspiracy, charge the whole lot of them with treason.  

34 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree with Axl, but it seems the democratic party isn't any better. It's all  a power game with the US citizens caught in the crossfire.

How is the Democratic party not any better?  

30 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Trump is talking on tv tonight again.

I read on yahoo.com that instead of trying to come to some compromise on what the President wants, the Democratic party just want their air time. What bullshit is this?

Meanwhile, the people who work for the government aren't getting paid and nothing gets done.

I don't get it?

The House has already pass a bill to reopen the Government. But they didn't inlude money for the wall. So neither the Senate nor Trump care about that bill. Trump today in his speech is going to make the case for money to build the Wall. He said Mexico was going to pay for it. I didn't believe for a second that Mexico was going to pay anything. But the fact remains Trump made that claim. How many Americans want the wall if they have to pay for it? I think very few.

As I said in other post, there is an extra problem. Those separated families inside the U.S. and the caravan immigrants in Tijuana and some other areas at the Mexico border. First fix these issues. Then we see what can be done with the border and immigration rules.

Trump started this whole mess. And with everything that has been going on during his presidencey. Now the wall is his last and only bullet. And this thing is now a diversion from the real problems.

I don't see why the Democrats shouldn't have a chance for a rebuttal after Trump's speech

On 1/6/2019 at 8:22 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

Trump will get re-elected. Americans vote with their wallets. As long there isn't a recession, the Republicans will rule until there is another one.

The country can't survive another 4 years of Trump.

On 07/01/2019 at 9:15 PM, Dazey said:

I'm sure they've heard of it. They just haven't managed to find anybody to read it to them yet. :lol:

I'm willing to bet a fair few have seen the film :lol:

• Haha 1

Well, both Trump and Pelosi had their say and still nothing got done.

What the hell kind of government do we have now?

So sick of all this bullshit and still we Americans are still struggling to pay our bills and find jobs and just stay afloat.

I honestly hope whoever runs for President in 2020 has the brains and the compassion to help the American people and make life better.

21 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

The country can't survive another 4 years of Trump.

I honestly doubt Trump would be voted in for another 4 years, but who the hell knows?

The Democratic party better come up with someone who can help the country and not fuck it up any more.

I think they are all crack pots!  And still nothing gets done. Even with a woman in Congress like Pelosi it's still a game of who's got the bigger DICK!

23 hours ago, Padme said:

The House has already pass a bill to reopen the Government. But they didn't inlude money for the wall. So neither the Senate nor Trump care about that bill. Trump today in his speech is going to make the case for money to build the Wall. He said Mexico was going to pay for it. I didn't believe for a second that Mexico was going to pay anything. But the fact remains Trump made that claim. How many Americans want the wall if they have to pay for it? I think very few.

As I said in other post, there is an extra problem. Those separated families inside the U.S. and the caravan immigrants in Tijuana and some other areas at the Mexico border. First fix these issues. Then we see what can be done with the border and immigration rules.

Trump started this whole mess. And with everything that has been going on during his presidencey. Now the wall is his last and only bullet. And this thing is now a diversion from the real problems.

I don't see why the Democrats shouldn't have a chance for a rebuttal after Trump's speech

They did and yet nothing got resolved. It's just a power play now and no one is willing to compromise.

Still people are without pay and our airports are not secure either.

I honestly think we should build a wall between Canada and the US. There are so many places in Canada that anyone can easily cross without any problems.

I think this whole wall thing is just to keep out anyone who is of Spanish decent and I want to know why?

I think Trump should penalize the countries who don't take care of their people who are trying to make a better life. If their counties were safe and they could have jobs and security they wouldn't be trying to cross to the US.

The whole world is letting their people down big time.

29 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Your own fault for electing an imbecile. 

And your airports are just as safe as before. 

31 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

They did and yet nothing got resolved. It's just a power play now and no one is willing to compromise.

I honestly think we should build a wall between Canada and the US. There are so many places in Canada that anyone can easily cross without any problems.

I think this whole wall thing is just to keep out anyone who is of Spanish decent and I want to know why?

I think Trump should penalize the countries who don't take care of their people who are trying to make a better life. If their counties were safe and they could have jobs and security they wouldn't be trying to cross to the US.

The whole world is letting their people down big time.

I am worried about you. Your rants are getting more and more detached from reality and emotional. Is everything okay with you? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Nobody penalized Ireland or Italy just because people wanted a better life in America. What it is needed is update and common sense immigration policy. That means work permit. And a whole new set of of rules for different cases and jobs.

• Like 1

Got to appreciate the utter absurdity of Trump declaring the southern U.S.-Mexico border a national emergency and responding to it with a wall that will take 3-5 years to build (optimistic timetable).  That's some emergency!

Also got to love how it wasn't an emergency when his party controlled both chambers of Congress.  

Then there's also his tweet from last month that said the border was secure after sending 4,000 troops.  Why not just do that instead?

I don't think there's ever been someone this bad at their jobs.  Create a political crisis that backs one into the corner with no exit strategy other than to use the national emergency excuse that few Presidents have ever evoked.  

At the risk of being hyperbolic, but history has shown that this is how democracies die.  Autocratic leaders gin up fears and declare a national emergency on bogus claims while the political party they belong to acquiesces to the ravings of their lunatic leader.  Trump isn't the real problem, it's the spineless assholes who still call themselves Republicans who don't see the perilous road their golden boy is taking them down.  

It would be funny if it weren't such a tragedy.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I honestly doubt Trump would be voted in for another 4 years, but who the hell knows?

I have faith that he wont be (Yes i know Bush was elected twice). This past election he was able to catch a wave of discontent, while also going against an unpopular candidate who ran a bad campaign. Well hes had his chance and was every bit of the disaster he was predicted to be. I can see people that voted for Trump holding their breath, switching their vote or not voting at all. While others who didn't vote or voted 3rd party because they didn't like Trump/Clinton, voting for whoever the Democrat candidate is. He won key states by razor thin margins, so this shift would be enough. This is assuming he even makes it that far.

Edited by -W.A.R-

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

We definitely need to keep degenerates like @downzy out.  :P:lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

We definitely need to keep degenerates like @downzy out.  :P:lol:

The way things are going south of the border, I'm definitely in favour of building a wall separating Canada from the U.S. :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

I have faith that he wont be (Yes i know Bush was elected twice). This past election he was able to catch a wave of discontent, while also going against an unpopular candidate who ran a bad campaign. Well hes had his chance and was every bit of the disaster he was predicted to be. I can see people that voted for Trump holding their breath, switching their vote or not voting at all. While others who didn't vote or voted 3rd party because they didn't like Trump/Clinton, voting for whoever the Democrat candidate is. He won key states by razor thin margins, so this shift would be enough. This is assuming he even makes it that far.

Lets assume he is in trouble come election time, who do they have to rival him if Hilary could not? 

Keep in mind pretty much all mainstream media election night said he would be defeated until it turned around. 

Do they have someone powerful enough to invoke change?  How can we trust the same media sources to give us a real indication of his approval rating etc?

There are so many issues with trying to figure it out when the reality is the last election was not what seems like so many thought it would be.

We can all hate Trump but at the end of the day who is going up against him?  They need a figure that can swoop in and crush him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Lets assume he is in trouble come election time, who do they have to rival him if Hilary could not? 

Keep in mind pretty much all mainstream media election night said he would be defeated until it turned around. 

Do they have someone powerful enough to invoke change?  How can we trust the same media sources to give us a real indication of his approval rating etc?

There are so many issues with trying to figure it out when the reality is the last election was not what seems like so many thought it would be.

We can all hate Trump but at the end of the day who is going up against him?  They need a figure that can swoop in and crush him.

Hillary won the popular vote. So you can make the case the polls were right. But that doesn't matter. The Electoral Collage matters. There are people who believe the Electoral College should be eliminated. But I don't belive it should be done. What if a candidate wins the by  just one or five votes? That person can't be President. The margin is way too narrow. We see this with Governors and members of Congress. Besides the Electoral College gives a voice to all States. Otherwise a given candidate wins New York and California and becomes President. All 50 States should have a voice. The polls should add Electoral College numbers.

And it is not about crushing Trump. It is about crushing his party

4 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Honestly I don't know much about anyone outside of the mainstream candidates such as Biden, Sanders, and Kamala Harris - I think they could beat him though.

If you're a halfway reasonable Trump voter (those exist? :blink:) you have to be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself by this point. If he hasn't screwed you over, he surely hasn't helped you all that much. The current shutdown is doing him no favors either. IDC if you are a hardcore Trump supporter that wears obnoxious “Build That Wall” shirts - if you aren't getting payed right now you're PISSED. Trump is out his mind thinking people are fine going without pay. It will only get worse when this comes to its obvious conclusion.

Maybe i'm doing the same thing the media did in 2016 and underestimating him - but i think 2020 will be different. There will be an urgency to get Trump out and not enough people that feel done right by him to vote for him.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

Never heard of this before. Theres a piece of Minnesota 'in' Canada. Because Muricans used an improper map after the War of Independence, lol. Theres a petition to cede the land and its inhabitants to Canada.

12 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Both public and internal polling (Clinton campaign at least) in the weeks prior to the election tightened up and projected the difference between candidates to be 1-2%. For months it was "Hillary is going to win," but it was pretty clear in mid/late October that it was going to be close.

Comey's last minute reopening of the email investigation did not help. Hard to say if that alone made the difference.

• GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Honestly I don't know much about anyone outside of the mainstream candidates such as Biden, Sanders, and Kamala Harris - I think they could beat him though.

I don't see Bernie, Elizabeth and Kamala wining in the Midwest, and least of all the South. Biden is too old, Beto is too young and he just lost. I'm hoping for more names to come up later this year

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I don't see Bernie, Elizabeth and Kamala wining in the Midwest, and least of all the South. Biden is too old, Beto is too young and he just lost. I'm hoping for more names to come up later this year

Oh yeah i forgot about Beto. He lost but it was close.

Maybe the most conservative Democrat i can see getting the nomination.