downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

On 18/02/2019 at 8:00 PM, Download said:

giphy.gif

Look at the state of that suit, fuck was on his mind, coming to court looking like a West African parrot.  What is it with famous people, they seem to turn up to court dressed like cunts, that fuckin' suit must've turned at least 5 of the 12 jury members against him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

So, defending someone from what was believed to be a genuine attack is somehow being spun as bad? A strong initial reaction to bigotry is what the Republican Party needs to express more of. In this case, it was a fluke. In most cases, it isn't.

Here is a small list of fake hate crimes purported by and ran by left wing media: 

!.) Anti muslim hate crime in Michigan turns to be hoax https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/11/13/university-of-michigan-student-wearing-a-hijab-threatened-to-be-lit-on-fire-police-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e77135eb679c

2.) Bi-Sexual student fakes hate Trump inspired hate crime. https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/north-park-harassment-trump-note-401408916.html

3.) White Men Rob Muslim Woman Of Her Hijab And Wallet — Except It Never Happened: 

A Muslim woman, 18, faces criminal charges in Louisiana over a fake story she told police. The unnamed woman claimed she was attacked and robbed by two white men near the University of Louisiana Lafayette campus. The men yelled racial slurs and stole both her wallet and her hijab in the alleged attack. She also told police one of them was wearing a Trump hat.

The woman later admitted to the Lafayette Police Department she fabricated the story, and the incident is no longer under investigation. She will now be charged with filing a false report.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/lafayette-woman-faces-criminal-charges-after-falsely-claiming-trump-supporters-robbed-her/289-351046672

4.) 

In another viral Facebook post, a black woman claims she was harassed by a group of white male Trump supporters at a gas station in Rehoboth Beach, Del. “Just experienced one of the WORST THINGS in my entire life,” Ashley Boyer wrote in the post, saying four white men pulled up beside her while she was pumping gas and jumped out of the car.

The white men “proceeded to talk about the election and how they’re glad they won’t have to deal with n—–s much longer,” she wrote, adding that one approached her and said: “How scared are u, u black bitch??? I should kill you right now. You’re a waste of air.” Another pulled out a weapon and said: “You’re lucky there’s witnesses or else I’d shoot you right here.”

Boyer later deleted the post and replaced it with another claiming the men were caught and charges were filed. She did not release the exact location of the incident or the names of the alleged perpetrators, and could not be reached for comment by PhillyVoice.

Local police in the area where Boyer claims the crime occurred told PhillyVoice no charges have been filed and they haven’t heard from anyone at all about the confrontation. Spokespersons for the Delaware State Police, New Castle County police, Dover police and Smyrna police also told PhillyVoice they got no such reports. Cpl. Brian Donner added that there are no records of 911 calls in his jurisdiction regarding the alleged incident.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/police-no-official-report-ugly-racial-incident-del-gas-station/

5) 

Chris Ball, a gay Canadian filmmaker alleged he was assaulted by Trump supporters on election night in Santa Monica, Calif. The Trump supporters hurled gay slurs at him while he was watching the results come in at a bar, he claims, then followed him out of the bar at the end of the night and assaulted him in an alleyway. Ball posted a photo of himself covered in blood in an Emergency Room as evidence, saying the attackers smashed a beer bottle on his head.

“We got a new president you fucking hooray for tolerance!s,” they told him, according to Ball.

He did not provide the name of the bar or the location of the attack, and his story has not been substantiated. The Santa Monica Police Department put out a statement saying they received no information indicating the alleged crime occurred, and that a check of local hospitals revealed no victim of any such incident was admitted or treated in the hospital.

6) Fake Hate At Air Force Academy Goes Viral - 

Racist messages written on a whiteboard at the Air Force Academy in September that made national news and inspired an impassioned speech from a lieutenant general were written by a student supposedly victimized by the messages.

A report from KKTV11 Tuesday states “one of the cadet candidates at the Air Force Academy Preparatory School allegedly targeted by racist remarks has been found responsible for the act.”

The cadet candidate has now left the school, KKTV11 reports.

Spokesperson Lt. Col. Allen Herritage told The Gazette in an email, “We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act,” adding, “(t)he individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation.”

I mean I could literally go on for days at the fake bullshit the left wing media loves to put out there 

Bernie Sanders 2016 announcement

Bernie Sanders 2020 Announcement. 

Notice anything different in the messaging?

😂😂

Some good news from the U.S. Supreme Court today:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scotus-strikes-unanimous-blow-to-civil-asset-forfeiture?ref=home

In a 9-0 decision, the Court ruled that civil forfeiture laws are bound to the constraints of the constitution, that states and counties can't hide behind the tenets of federalism, and that excessive fines via civil forfeiture rules violates the eighth and fourteen amendments for American citizens.

This was a long time coming...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Saw that. I thought it was funny when he ran before that they all said he was too old. I mean Trump is in his 70's and could live to 100. So I don't understand why some people thought Bernie was too old.

I don't trust any of these guys running for President. They all want to change things for the better until they get into office and then it's the same old shit.

Yeah there all bullshit artists in reality

4 hours ago, Download said:

I mean I could literally go on for days at the fake bullshit the left wing media loves to put out there 

The media reports what happens. The "left wing media" did not "put out there" anything further than what their reporters found. Sometimes more diligence in reporting would have prevented a false story being printed, and sometimes there isn't a way to independently identify the truth of something until authorities investigate.  

That being said, the fact your response to rising rates of hate crimes which target groups that white conservatives generally have animosity towards is to list a few anecdotal cases of false/fake accusations, is laughable. You could list 500 cases of false stories (and I doubt there are that many), and it would not refute the data that thousands of people are subjected to genuine crimes and acts of malice, and that those figures have been rising. And that Mr. Toupee-in-chief is responsible for either stoking these tensions, or at the very least failing to condemn the sentiment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

or at the very least failing to condemn the sentiment.

He condemns it all the time. That’s why he calls CNN fake news 😂

The media reports what happens, 😂 

if it wasn’t for double standards, liberals would have none. 

11 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Bernie Sanders raised 3.3 million in just 10 hours since his announcement yesterday ... damm  

I'm hoping for Bernie or Tulsi. I was hoping Bernie would pass the torch to Tulsi, who carries the same platform (though way more vocal on foreign policy, which I like). I think shes immensely more presentable/personable as a candidate – shes very well spoken, attractive, and a veteran vs Bernie with his unkempt hair, yelling, and finger wagging. If you're going to sell Middle America on those polices, i figure her as a better spokesperson.

Edited by -W.A.R-

1 hour ago, Download said:

He condemns it all the time. That’s why he calls CNN fake news 😂

The media reports what happens, 😂 

if it wasn’t for double standards, liberals would have none. 

You do realize that's a ridiculous thing to say.  He does not condemn ignorance, racism, and bigotry all the time.  Sure, he has on occasion, but there are countless times when he plays on these themes to boost his support amongst the worst of his supporters.

While it is unfortunate that some of Trump's critics feel the need to embellish or falsify reports of hate directed towards them, it's not as though levels of hate in the last two years isn't on the rise:

https://www.axios.com/trump-us-hate-groups-record-2018-a01bf2a2-a347-4551-848f-4ec6b75ff19c.html

Because conservatives are oh so consistent in their principles and standards.  Can you imagine if Obama spoke about his rivals in the same way Trump does?  Imagine Obama invoking a national emergency to fund EPA's efforts to combat climate change?  This kind of nonsense is beyond apprehension.  It's statements like this that make it almost impossible to take anything you say seriously.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm hoping for Bernie or Tulsi. I was hoping Bernie would pass the torch to Tulsi, who carries the same platform (though way more vocal on foreign policy, which I like). I think shes immensely more presentable/personable as a candidate – shes very well spoken, attractive, and a veteran vs Bernie with his unkempt hair, yelling, and finger wagging. If you're going to sell Middle America on those polices, i figure her as a better spokesperson.

Yeah, not Tulsi. I am pretty sure her photo op with Assad has hurt her chances. Imagine if a Presidential candidate hung out with Hitler, Franco, Pol Pot and Milosevic? 

3 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Yeah, not Tulsi. I am pretty sure her photo op with Assad has hurt her chances. Imagine if a Presidential candidate hung out with Hitler, Franco, Pol Pot and Milosevic? 

Thats a BS way to frame the situation. She went over there to talk with people on the ground and while there she was invited to meet with Assad.

“The reason why I decided to take this meeting on this trip was because if we profess to care about the Syrian people — if we really truly care about ending their suffering and ending this war — then we should be ready to meet with anyone if there is a chance that that meeting and that conversation could help to bring about an end to this war.”

Edited by -W.A.R-

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Thats a BS way to frame the situation. She went over there to talk with people on the ground and while there she was invited to meet with Assad.

“The reason why I decided to take this meeting on this trip was because if we profess to care about the Syrian people — if we really truly care about ending their suffering and ending this war — then we should be ready to meet with anyone if there is a chance that that meeting and that conversation could help to bring about an end to this war.”

No matter what she says, it was a mistake for her to meet with Assad. Her campaign is dead in the water.

Respect Fif'.  See, I can smell a fuckin' real one from....like, way out.  Kanye, I been telling people, on this very forum even, that the blokes a cunt and a snide, this is like from WAY back.  But the kid 50 Cent, thats a true son. #getthestrap :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Respect Fif'.  See, I can smell a fuckin' real one from....like, way out.  Kanye, I been telling people, on this very forum even, that the blokes a cunt and a snide, this is like from WAY back.  But the kid 50 Cent, thats a true son. #getthestrap :lol:

Throwing money at black people to be like here hang out with me so I don't look racist ... So Racist 

25 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Throwing money at black people to be like here hang out with me so I don't look racist ... So Racist 

I think its easy to call Trump a racist, I don't think he's racist, racist theory usually employs some distorted form of morality....and Trump has no morals, distorted or otherwise.

Edited by Len Cnut

Wasnt there a commonly held speculation that 50 was bankrupt around that time, too? Which adds an angle of exploitation. And Prince would've said this much more eloquently then I, but the inequities in the record industry have disproportionally impacted black musicians. 

I don't understand why presidents feel the need to draft in famous people anyway.  I mean broadly speaking politics is like a serious business, its like life and death, the opinion or opinions of theatricals or singing minstrels, I don't see what they add, they don't do no one know favours.  I mean even the very best of the politically inclined artists of pop music or film are sort of lacking in substance, even the ones who are heroes of mine in like John Lennon etc.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't understand why presidents feel the need to draft in famous people anyway.  I mean broadly speaking politics is like a serious business, its like life and death, the opinion or opinions of theatricals or singing minstrels, I don't see what they add, they don't do no one know favours.  I mean even the very best of the politically inclined artists of pop music or film are sort of lacking in substance, even the ones who are heroes of mine in like John Lennon etc.

I think in this case its about race. And its about how a wealthy black man is acceptable and whispers to the notion that laziness is the root of economic hardships in the black community? Like whispers of Hunger Games in there almost.

And I will say that 500k to a black person is a better approach to this play then when Clinton told The Breakfast Club that she carries hot sauce in her purse (a black community trope). :lol:

I agree with you that its an odd aspect of their political culture (to a smaller degree here as well). Nelson and Carter made sense and was 'real.' But Im not aware of any other such cases.

Edited by soon

16 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

No matter what she says, it was a mistake for her to meet with Assad. Her campaign is dead in the water.

Considering she has mostly got negative coverage, particularly regarding the Assad meeting (though has done a fine job of defending herself) and now Sanders throwing his hat in - i'd agree its an uphill battle.

She still has her niche in the foreign policy department though and i'd like her to bring that to the debate stage.

Just a note about Canadian Federal politics as it relates to US. Things are seriously going to shit for our Liberal (Party) PM. It is incredibly more likely that the Conservatives could win, possibly a majority, and seat a PM in this years Federal Elections. 

So, I wont try and predict what a Conservative PM would mean in relation to Trump, but I think its clear that it is far from ideal. Our 'Progressive Lite' leadership has been a wedge in Trumps way. 

On 2/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, downzy said:

You do realize that's a ridiculous thing to say.  He does not condemn ignorance, racism, and bigotry all the time.  Sure, he has on occasion, but there are countless times when he plays on these themes to boost his support amongst the worst of his supporters.

While it is unfortunate that some of Trump's critics feel the need to embellish or falsify reports of hate directed towards them, it's not as though levels of hate in the last two years isn't on the rise:

https://www.axios.com/trump-us-hate-groups-record-2018-a01bf2a2-a347-4551-848f-4ec6b75ff19c.html

Because conservatives are oh so consistent in their principles and standards.  Can you imagine if Obama spoke about his rivals in the same way Trump does?  Imagine Obama invoking a national emergency to fund EPA's efforts to combat climate change?  This kind of nonsense is beyond apprehension.  It's statements like this that make it almost impossible to take anything you say seriously.  

Impossible to take me seriously? Lol 

Strong borders, limited government, fiscal responsibility is soooo alt right. It’s soo racist. It’s impossible to take seriously. Yeah, good luck with that. 

Border security always goes back to race, isn’t that funny? Why? The answer is simple really. Democrats bring it to race so they can demagogue the issue. Don’t believe me? Read the last two pages. 

27 minutes ago, Download said:

Border security always goes back to race, isn’t that funny? Why? The answer is simple really. Democrats bring it to race so they can demagogue the issue. Don’t believe me? Read the last two pages. 

It goes back to race because of the wildly disproportionate fixation on Mexico while the matter of Europeans, Australians etc who overstay visas and/or illegally hunt for work whilst on tourist visas gets comically ignored. 

Even though they’re the ones who are actually taking the jobs Americans want and need. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Download said:

Impossible to take me seriously? Lol 

Strong borders, limited government, fiscal responsibility is soooo alt right. It’s soo racist. It’s impossible to take seriously. Yeah, good luck with that. 

Can you give a single example of Republicans practicing fiscal responsibility in the last two years? 

Seems that the debt and public spending are only an issue to the right when a Democrat is in the White House. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can you give a single example of Republicans practicing fiscal responsibility in the last two years? 

Seems that the debt and public spending are only an issue to the right when a Democrat is in the White House. 

I said I’m for fiscal responsibility. 

The Republican Party doesn’t practice fiscal responsibility. I practice fiscal responsibility. If I was president the budget would go down, not up. 

Republicans love to charge it and Democrats love to count your pockets and reach in and take what they feel is theirs. The Democrats are all about the ends justifying the means and it will catch up to them. History has made that crystal clear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Download said:

I said I’m for fiscal responsibility. 

The Republican Party doesn’t practice fiscal responsibility. I practice fiscal responsibility. If I was president the budget would go down, not up. 

Republicans love to charge it and Democrats love to count your pockets and reach in and take what they feel is theirs. The Democrats are all about the ends justifying the means and it will catch up to them. History has made that crystal clear.

Great post. You phrased that really well. 👍

Do you not feel that the ends do justify the means sometimes though? 

Shouldn’t the richest country the world has ever seen be able to do a little more for the weakest among them?