downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

4 minutes ago, action said:

The core of this is, gay people are "offended" in some way, by straight parades.

By default, gay people see a straight parade as "provocation".

Just look at this thread, proof is here in spades.

But imagine being offended by a parade that promotes a certain kind of sexuality. Gay people are now guilty themselves, of acts that they themselves are victims of for as long as there is history. The irony here, is colossal.

What’s colossal here is either your naïveté or your trolling. Gay pride is a reaction to generations of  shame and oppression (which are still in deadly force in parts of the world). Straight pride is a reaction to LGBTQ closing in on equal rights in the West. There is literally no other point to it. 

• Like 2

and it's not as if a straight parade is "anti-gay", more than "pro heterosexual".

A gay parade promotes homosexuality in some way, but it's not anti-heterosexual. It's a positive message.

From what I can tell, and until other indications should tell a different story, I see this straight parade as a positive message too. Not to ridicule gay people, but rather to celebrate heterosexuality.

Personally, I see no need to celebrate any sexuality however. Why should any sexuality be celebrated anyway? I admit that I find it hard to find reasons for parades like these at all, be they gay or heterosexual. But if we accept that gay people want to celebrate their sexuality, then we should also accept that heterosexual people want to celebrate theirs. We are after all, humans and we are all made of flesh and bone and have the same emotions.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Angelica said:

What’s colossal here is either your naïveté or your trolling. Gay pride is a reaction to generations of  shame and oppression (which are still in deadly force in parts of the world). Straight pride is a reaction to LGBTQ closing in on equal rights in the West. There is literally no other point to it. 

So you see gay parades as an attack, more than a social gathering giving a positive message.

That's not the idea I get when I see gay parades. Gay parades give me an impression of cameraderie, unity and solidarity. I don't see much hate being yelled there (apart from some SJW's who call everyone else nazi scum, and who therefore bring down the atmosphere a bit)

Edited by action

3 minutes ago, action said:

From what I can tell, and until other indications should tell a different story, I see this straight parade as a positive message too. Not to ridicule gay people, but rather to celebrate heterosexuality.

That's because you're not listening. Multiple people have posted why it's not a positive message and why it's nothing at all like a gay pride. I feel like we're all talking to a brick wall here. As @Angelica said, at this point I think you're just trolling here.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, action said:

So you see gay parades as an attack, more than a social gathering giving a positive message.

That's not the idea I get when I see gay parades. Gay parades give me an impression of cameraderie, unity and solidarity. I don't see much hate being yelled there (apart from some SJW's who call everyone else nazi scum, and who therefore bring down the atmosphere a bit)

🤣🤣🤣wtf? Where did I suggest they were in any way an attack? You’re either trolling or profoundly stupid.

Edited by Angelica

1 minute ago, Angelica said:

🤣🤣🤣wtf? Where did I suggest they were in any way an attack? 

isn't a reaction to something bad, an attack?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's because you're not listening. Multiple people have posted why it's not a positive message and why it's nothing at all like a gay pride. I feel like we're all talking to a brick wall here. As @Angelica said, at this point I think you're just trolling here.

I'm just telling it as I see it, and I'm open to other opinions. I try to see both sides of the agument, giving counterpoint to some of the arguments raised here. It shouldn't be too hard to counter my nonsense if what I say is utter bollox. But as I see it, I can point to several major inconsistencies in your side of the argument (meaning, the people criticising the straight parade), and I have personally not read convincing arguments to counter mine (other than people telling me I'm trolling, naive or profoundly stupid).

Edited by action

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

Well fuck me aren’t you just in luck that a bunch of rednecks organised this silly parade? Because where else would it be possible for straight people to meet other straight people in a social setting? :lol: 

Elaborate? 

I don't imagine they're overly fond of LHGNBFG pride. London Pride perhaps?

2 hours ago, action said:

I'm just telling it as I see it, and I'm open to other opinions. I try to see both sides of the agument, giving counterpoint to some of the arguments raised here. It shouldn't be too hard to counter my nonsense if what I say is utter bollox. But as I see it, I can point to several major inconsistencies in your side of the argument (meaning, the people criticising the straight parade), and I have personally not read convincing arguments to counter mine (other than people telling me I'm trolling, naive or profoundly stupid).

Ok, so it's Labour Day. Bill Gates and other CEOs organize counter parades and events. They are proud of everything they have created and they have accomplished. Do you think Labour Day is the right time to do that? 

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

Ok, so it's Labour Day. Bill Gates and other CEOs organize counter parades and events. They are proud of everything they have created and they have accomplished. Do you think Labour Day is the right time to do that? 

absolutely not. why the need to organise it on labour day? that shows to me, the entire organisation is focused on provocation.

if bill gates and other CEO's are proud of what they achieved (you and me may question that, but that's totally irrelevant), then I see no problem to organise such an event on another day.

4 minutes ago, action said:

absolutely not. why the need to organise it on labour day? that shows to me, the entire organisation is focused on provocation.

if bill gates and other CEO's are proud of what they achieved (you and me may question that, but that's totally irrelevant), then I see no problem to organise such an event on another day.

Well this is exactly the case with these straight parades. Why the need to organize it on gay pride month? Their entire organisation is focused on provocation

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well this is exactly the case with these straight parades. Why the need to organize it on gay pride month? Their entire organisation is focused on provocation

agreed.

I was not aware it was gay pride month.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

lol

He wasn't aware. Mocking won't fix anything. That's the problem with America and the world. Nobody bothers to listen. Nobody bothers to try to understand and explain things with simple examples. It's all about shouting, mocking, disrespect and worthless rhetoric

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, downzy said:

2 things, violent crime in general in the UK is going up. Also, there is a rise in the Islamic population, which would be more likely to physically attack a gay people. 

My point still stands that nobody who attends a gay pride parade will be economically hurt by doing so. The same cannot be said for a straight pride marcher.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

36 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

2 things, violent crime in general in the UK is going up. Also, there is a rise in the Islamic population, which would be more likely to physically attack a gay people. 

My point still stands that nobody who attends a gay pride parade will be economically hurt by doing so. The same cannot be said for a straight pride marcher.

If you attend a gay pride parade it just means you are a homosexual or a supporter of gay rights, if you attend a straight pride parade it likely means you are a bigot, so yeah. 

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If you attend a gay pride parade it just means you are a homosexual or a supporter of gay rights, if you attend a straight pride parade it likely means you are a bigot, so yeah. 

citation needed

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I don't think there are relevant studies :lol:

your statement is blatant enough, I would have expected some kind of source for your observation.

Until factual evidence to the contrary, I would argue that your statement is wrong (and provocative, especially)

Posted (edited)

the least we should do, is give people the benefit of the doubt. This is a democracy, and everyone is free to believe, do and say what they want as long as they don't break any rules.

You are all visitors of the unofficial GNR forum. A band that by and large, is known for homophobic, racist (immigrants and hooray for tolerance!s) and sexist (turn around bitch I got a use for you) lyrics. Is every visitor a homophobe racist that takes advantage of groupies? Guess not. Some people may use the song one in a million as their anthem, they appreciate the racist elements in the song. Most of us don't.

Applying the logic that some of you are using here, everyone listening to GNR is a bigot. Ponder that one for a moment.

edit: funny how the board censors the OIAM lyrics I just posted. Goes to prove my point even further.

Edited by action

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Because a straight pride march is nothing more than a passive aggressive fuck you toward gay pride. What other reason is there for its existence? @Lio posted an image that stated it perfectly, gay pride is about celebrating the right to exist without persecution. Where is the motivation like that to justify a straight pride march? There isn't one. So if you were to attend such an event, we can only conclude that you are in agreement with the passive aggressive message being sent. 

Edited by -W.A.R-

20 minutes ago, action said:

your statement is blatant enough, I would have expected some kind of source for your observation.

Until factual evidence to the contrary, I would argue that your statement is wrong (and provocative, especially)

Do you have "factual evidence" to indicate people attending white supremacist marches are racists? Or are you just going to assume they aren't based on a lack of published evidence? :lol:

5 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Because a straight pride march is nothing more than a passive aggressive fuck you toward gay pride. What other reason is there for its existence? @Lio posted an image that stated it perfectly, gay pride is about celebrating the right to exist without persecution. Where is the motivation like that to justify a straight pride march? There isn't one. So if you were to attend such an event, we can only conclude that you are in agreement with the passive aggressive massage being sent. 

we are all striving for a tolerant society where all sexualities can happily co-exist arent we? I certainly hope so.

This parade stuff, both by gay people and heterosexuals, which are inherently divisive (I would prefer parades that had all sexualities mixed together, would be a far more powerfull message), I really feel does not bring society closer to equality, one bit.

Equality is what we all want to achieve? simple question: why aren't these parades sexuality-encompassing?

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Do you have "factual evidence" to indicate people attending white supremacist marches are racists? Or are you just going to assume they aren't based on a lack of published evidence? :lol:

We already agreed that fascist and racist opinions should not be tolerated. I don't know what else I can say about that.