downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

57 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I thought I made a good point and answered your question the best I could.  And who is Dr Oz?

You made a point, but are missing the point. 

3 hours ago, 31illusions said:

I must say Downzy does really good job at defending homosexuals. After all he is a democrat. That's why he can do that. Democrats like this are Godless people. That's how they justify Homosexuality. There is no God, so there is no consequences. He knows perfectly well that Christianity, Islam, Jews and virtually all other religions forbid it, because it's an abomination to God. But he doesn't care. He cares more of his friends feelings than what The All Mighty himself says. They reject God, his ways, his words and his Son. That's the whole issue. It's God against Satan, Good against Evil, Morality against Immorality.

Mate. Try taking a step back for a moment and consider the possibility your beliefs 'may' be false(are you capable of doing that?). Let's say God and Satan and all that isn't real, do you at least concede that if that were the case your beliefs would essentially just be hatred and disgust and giving gays a hard time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 31illusions said:

I must say Downzy does really good job at defending homosexuals. After all he is a democrat. That's why he can do that. Democrats like this are Godless people. That's how they justify Homosexuality. There is no God, so there is no consequences. He knows perfectly well that Christianity, Islam, Jews and virtually all other religions forbid it, because it's an abomination to God. But he doesn't care. He cares more of his friends feelings than what The All Mighty himself says. They reject God, his ways, his words and his Son. That's the whole issue. It's God against Satan, Good against Evil, Morality against Immorality.

christianity says, your sins will be washed away if you believe in god through jesus. only god can judge people. do not judge, lest you be judged yourself. This last rule, I think is one of the most important messages of christianity. That's why I'm very cautious to point fingers. It's sacrilege. the bad guys will be punished, but it's not for us to do so.

39 minutes ago, action said:

christianity says, your sins will be washed away if you believe in god through jesus. only god can judge people. do not judge, lest you be judged yourself. This last rule, I think is one of the most important messages of christianity. That's why I'm very cautious to point fingers. It's sacrilege. the bad guys will be punished, but it's not for us to do so.

That's just another of those vapid teachings from christianity that luckily have no practical implication.

Fortunately I live in a society with a government with a strong judiciary power that ensures our relative fair and safe lives, and not in a christian society where judgment is left for an imaginary afterlife.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's just another of those vapid teachings from christianity that luckily have no practical implication.

I don't agree. I think it's a very valuable teaching, not to judge. I wish more christians or just people in general would adhere to it. The world would be a much better place.

• Like 1

Just now, Lio said:

I don't agree. I think it's a very valuable teaching, not to judge. I wish more christians or just people in general would adhere to it. The world would be a much better place.

We should be kinder to each other, and that's not a christian thing, but as far as judging is concerned if we build our societies around that christian saying we'd have anarchy.

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We should be kinder to each other, and that's not a christian thing, but as far as judging is concerned if we build our societies around that christian saying we'd have anarchy.

That's a completely different kind of judging. A murderer could be punished by a judge and sent to jail for what he's done, but we shouldn't judge him.

My point is that if all those so-called fanatic christians would live by the 'don't judge', as christianity asks, the world would be a better place. Or by the 'do unto others what you would have them do to you'. You can't blame religion/christianity for almost everything bad in the world and then when there are some obviously good things about it, just say it's not a christian thing.

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

That's a completely different kind of judging. A murderer could be punished by a judge and sent to jail for what he's done, but we shouldn't judge him.

My point is that if all those so-called fanatic christians would live by the 'don't judge', as christianity asks, the world would be a better place. Or by the 'do unto others what you would have them do to you'. You can't blame religion/christianity for almost everything bad in the world and then when there are some obviously good things about it, just say it's not a christian thing.

In a sense, when a judge in a democracy judges anyone it is we who judge him. Or at least we outsource the judgment to someone else, and not to god in the afterlife. It is a fundamental basis for our societies.

As for the golden rule ('do unto others what you would have them do to you'), that isn't christian in origin at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

In a sense, when a judge in a democracy judges anyone it is we who judge him. Or at least we outsource the judgment to someone else, and not to god in the afterlife. It is a fundamental basis for our societies.

As for the golden rule ('do unto others what you would have them do to you'), that isn't christian in origin at all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

I don't care if it's not christian in origin. My point is it is a christian teaching, and any so-called good christian should adhere to it. Those fundamentalist christians don't, so they're obviously not the good christians they pretend to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I don't care if it's not christian in origin. My point is it is a christian teaching, and any so-called good christian should adhere to it. Those fundamentalist christians don't, so they're obviously not the good christians they pretend to be.

If normal/not-fundamental folks like you who choose to latch onto traditional 'stuff' like Christianity etc didn't. If you simply kept the good aspects and abolished all the insane dogmatic ramblings which is from a bunch of archaic ignorants who knew fuck-all; then a pedophile cult would not be one of the world's most powerful moral authorities. There would be no elevation and gray area for these pieces of shit to hide behind.

When in a discussion or debate if someone started ranting(probably while furiously masturbating) how evil gay buttfucking etc is and Satan this and Satan that - those people would be rightly categorized as fucked in the head. It would all eventually die out for the better.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Fortunately I live in a society with a government with a strong judiciary power that ensures our relative fair and safe lives, and not in a christian society where judgment is left for an imaginary afterlife.

if you are going to lay responsability for everyday human interactions such as not to judge other people (read: mind your own business and in stead of looking for mistakes in other people, start with yourself), with the government, then you are going to end up, either with absolute chaos, or, even worse, a total big brother society where your every move is recorded and processed.

You really think it's lucky that people can judge each other? That's quite something to say, when virtually every fight between people starts with someone else taking the moral high ground. Don't need to look much further than this very thread. @downzy would have a far quiter life on here, should people act a little bit less judgmental.

Edited by action

9 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Don't cast the first stone. I don't think you are in such position. My advice to you is try to be a good samaritan dude.

Judging, in the sense that we assess other people and their behavior to form opinions of them, is an intrinsic feature of being human. How we act out on these differ - but we all to some extent do it. And it is important for social dynamics, because we cannot all accept everything. Or rather, without any form of judging it wouldn't be to accept but to be indifferent, which is worse Judging defines our social relations, our friends. 

In addition to this role in social behavior, judging as part of the judiciary system is essential for crime prevention. We all accept that the work of our judiciary system including passing judgment on criminal offences, is vital to safety. Even Christians do. 

Basically, if we were to fully embrace the Christians saying about not judging others,  we'd be zombies living in anarchy.

But we shouldn't be judgmental, which is different. We shouldn't go out of our way to pass judgment on others, especially when no crime is committed or there are no victims of the behavior. Like condemning others for simply making different life choices than ourselves. Like who they love or how they live. That is judging gone too far. That is the bad side of judging. That's is destructive for our relationships and society. 

Personally I really like the Kardemomme law, which states (in rhyme) that one should not pester others, one should be kind and fair, but beyond that one can do as one wants. Tolerate everything that isn't hurting anyone. 

I agree, but so long as we're talking about the individuals.  I know a lot of gay people who would find this behaviour indefensible.  But somehow you feel it represents gay attitudes towards child rearing.

:lol:

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Judging, in the sense that we assess other people and their behavior to form opinions of them, is an intrinsic feature of being human. How we act out on these differ - but we all to some extent do it. And it is important for social dynamics, because we cannot all accept everything. Or rather, without any form of judging it wouldn't be to accept but to be indifferent, which is worse Judging defines our social relations, our friends. 

In addition to this role in social behavior, judging as part of the judiciary system is essential for crime prevention. We all accept that the work of our judiciary system including passing judgment on criminal offences, is vital to safety. Even Christians do. 

Basically, if we were to fully embrace the Christians saying about not judging others,  we'd be zombies living in anarchy.

But we shouldn't be judgmental, which is different. We shouldn't go out of our way to pass judgment on others, especially when no crime is committed or there are no victims of the behavior. Like condemning others for simply making different life choices than ourselves. Like who they love or how they live. That is judging gone too far. That is the bad side of judging. That's is destructive for our relationships and society. 

Personally I really like the Kardemomme law, which states (in rhyme) that one should not pester others, one should be kind and fair, but beyond that one can do as one wants. Tolerate everything that isn't hurting anyone. 

the first post was in reaction to a post of mine, where I called out 31illusions for being judgmental. In the post of mine I referred to the christian belief that you should not judge, lest you not be judged yourself. (my excuses for not including my post, somehow the board does not provide this feature).

The post made by 31illusions was judgmental, I think you'll agree. His post was a bit caricatural, where he started to refer to satan and stuff. Your first post was highly critical of my response, referring to it as a "vapid teaching from christianity" that "luckily has no practical implication".

Your second post seems to contradict your first post. In your second post, you say that we shouldn't be "judgmental", in effect agreeing with my criticism of 31illusions post.

I agree with your second post, but not with your first (which contradicts your second one). It seems, we're coming in agreement the more you post.

Or as the saying goes, "when the weather vane makes crazy turns, it will point to sunny weather sometime".

Edited by action

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

:lol:

I can’t believe you failed to bold rearing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I can’t believe you failed to bold rearing.

I must be slipping in my old age :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I must be slipping in my old age :lol: 

you're using too much lube

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, action said:

you're using too much lube

Something about me dries em out :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Something about me dries em out :lol:

I meant lube to shine your shoes

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, action said:

I meant lube to shine your shoes

Shit, really?  I was talking about rape.

• Haha 3

I wasn't sure before but after that post its confirmed that 31illuisons is atleast halfway trolling :lol:

No way he was being serious with that post - people like that don't listen to Guns N' Roses.

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, really?  I was talking about rape.

31725219_2077226129181097_18805265669879

• Haha 1