Jump to content
downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You seriously need to use more lube, dude. 

Anal isn't my thing so I don't need it but thanks for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You seriously need to use more lube, dude. 

In the early running for post of the year for 2019...

15 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Anyone interested in the worst job in America? :lol: 

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Leaving White House at the End of the Month

Can't imagine who they'll get to replace her.  Always though Trump couldn't do any worse with Sanders but I'm likely about to be proven wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downzy said:

In the early running for post of the year for 2019...

Can't imagine who they'll get to replace her.  Always though Trump couldn't do any worse with Sanders but I'm likely about to be proven wrong.  

I hear they are trying to contact the ghost of Joseph Goebbels.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, downzy said:

Thanks.  Not a huge basketball fan but it's really energized the city and put everyone in a good mood.

That said, I think Toronto will be lucky to win one game.  

Well they pulled it off :lol: congrats man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

Well they pulled it off :lol: congrats man.

Thanks!  Pretty exciting for the city (and the country) as there hasn't been a championship in Canada since the '93 World Series.  

GS injuries certainly helped but Toronto will take it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swampfox said:

I guess they should send Iran millions of dollars in suitcases to... Oh wait Obama is out of office nevermind.

Obama

Years in office - 8

Wars with Iran - 0

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Obama

Years in office - 8

Wars with Iran - 0

8 years of apologizing to the world for being the great country we are and paying off terrorist countries.  He was too worried about which bathrooms people should use to go to war with anyone.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Swampfox said:

8 years of apologizing to the world for being the great country we are and paying off terrorist countries.  He was too worried about which bathrooms people should use to go to war with anyone.  

 

Wars in seven countries not enough for you? We can't even win a war we've been in for 18 years. American children born in 2001 are now enough to die in a war that started in 2001. 

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah pretending Obama was some sort of peacenik is the biggest laugh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Swampfox said:

8 years of apologizing to the world for being the great country we are and paying off terrorist countries.  He was too worried about which bathrooms people should use to go to war with anyone.  

A) You're a great country, but not a perfect one and not one who has made some terrible mistakes in its past.  Taking ownership for those mistakes is a sign of maturity and respect.  

B) You're ridiculous.  

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The funny thing is how unpopular this shit with intervening with Iran is

What shift are you talking about?  Was there support for a war with Iran prior to Iraq that I'm not aware of?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, downzy said:

 

What shift are you talking about?  Was there support for a war with Iran prior to Iraq that I'm not aware of?  

There was way more support for intervention generally before the Iraq war went bad. So yes, I can only assume if the neocons had pushed for a war with Iran in 2003 it would have been much more well received than it will now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

There was way more support for intervention generally before the Iraq war went bad. So yes, I can only assume if the neocons had pushed for a war with Iran in 2003 it would have been much more well received than it will now.

There was?  Based on what?  I know Bush/Cheney cooked up a bunch of lies about Saddam having WMDs and somehow being behind the 9/11 attacks, but outside of Bush's "Axis of Evil" remarks, I don't recall there being much support for an intervention in Iran.  Maybe you can provide some evidence for such a claim.

Moreover, why would an invasion intervention in Iran go any differently consider what has transpired in Iraq?  Shouldn't an intervention in Iran be perceived by anyone with their heads screwed on right as a fools errand considering what happened in Iraq?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not normally one for conspiracy theories but this oil tanker thing has John Bolton’s fingerprints all over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is instigating a war with Iran to get his poll numbers up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we now know what the climate change experts have been doing!

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/climate-change-expert-sentenced-32-months-fraud-says-lying-was-flna2D11768995?fbclid=IwAR1H_Vyo3RmSq2I70z-T7bLn7aj2EbKk1GWYU7AOb2S31sKQs9qzqJhdkUE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Trump is instigating a war with Iran to get his poll numbers up. 

They're even floating using AUMF as justification. 

D88g0K6XYAEkzI4.jpg

Now would be a good time to repeal one of the worst bills of all time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 31illusions said:

I guess we now know what the climate change experts have been doing!

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change was sentenced to 32 months in federal prison Wednesday for lying.

Yet Sarah Succubus Sanders is still walking the streets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, downzy said:

There was?  Based on what?  I know Bush/Cheney cooked up a bunch of lies about Saddam having WMDs and somehow being behind the 9/11 attacks, but outside of Bush's "Axis of Evil" remarks, I don't recall there being much support for an intervention in Iran.  Maybe you can provide some evidence for such a claim.

Moreover, why would an invasion intervention in Iran go any differently consider what has transpired in Iraq?  Shouldn't an intervention in Iran be perceived by anyone with their heads screwed on right as a fools errand considering what happened in Iraq?

Are you serious, do you remember the couple year period after 9/11? They could have just cooked up some bullshit that Iran had WMD's or had something to do with 9/11 and therewould have been the same support for an invasion of Iran as there was for Iraq. The public was bloodthirsty at that point. That's my point, anyone who was paying attention at the time knows this. It wasn't until the reality of war and nation building set in that people developed an immune system to these interventions again.

An invasion of Iran would be even more bloody and disastrous than Iraq since it's a stronger and more populous country obviously. The public would have learned this the hard way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dazey said:

Yet Sarah Succubus Sanders is still walking the streets?

Apples and oranges.  This guy was nailed for lying about his work and getting paid for it while Sanders showed up to work every day and did a fantastic job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×