downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw some of the debate. All they did was yell at each other.

Some of the Democratic candidates had some good ideas, but everyone always says what needs to be done and once they get elected, nothing gets done. Most of them are already senators or some other politician, so why haven't they done anything for their state/country?

All they talk about is health care and the migrants but yet nothing has changed. These poor people are living in horrible conditions and some are dying and yet no one seems to be trying to change it? I mean wasn't seeing the father and daughter drowned and dead on the shore enough to do something? WTF?

They should consider building the wall on the other side of the river to prevent any more drownings.  

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

These poor people are living in horrible conditions and some are dying and yet no one seems to be trying to change it? I mean wasn't seeing the father and daughter drowned and dead on the shore enough to do something? WTF?

Evidently Mexico doesn't care either. They only care when Trump threatens them with tariffs.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Dazey said:

Because he's polling double digits over Trump.

Its still early and Biden is one of the more recognizable names. If he continues to lead polls once people get more familiar with other candidates then consider me confused. Biden is easily the most vulnerable candidate running. Hes a dinosaur in a country looking for change and his record is atrocious. What was lost in the whole "I can get along with segregationists" was that he told the same group of rich people that "nothing will fundamentally change" if hes elected. Not something anyone wants to hear from a 2020 candidate.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Watching the debates. Hearing Pete Buttigieg attack Christianity. Claiming the Republicans cloak themselves in religion. I about puked! This is exactly my point about homosexuals and his is why he has ZERO chance of moving forward. No morals, no concern for people of faith. Disgusting. Only Democrats would condone such treachery.

Edited by 31illusions

13 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

No morals, no concern for people of faith. Disgusting. Only Democrats would condone such treachery.

How rich.

The guy with the draft-dodging, three times married, grab 'em by the pussy, accused of sexual assault (including the latest of rape) by 22 women, President plastered all over his profile is bemoaning about the morals of a guy who didn't dodge the draft and is a practicing Christian at the Episcopal Church in South Bend, Indiana. 

And we wonder why America can be shit sometimes.  

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

500 women "accusing" you of rape doesn't make you a rapist.

Yeah, it kind of does.  Especially if you lie about literally everything else.  

LOL. Did you just say that?  LEV. 20:13   https://biblehub.com/context/leviticus/20-13.htm

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." Leviticus 19:19

"When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean." Leviticus 15: 19-20

So I take you only wear clothing woven of one kind of material and never touch your wife/girlfriend when she's menstruating...  If not you must be considered a shitty Christian by your own logic.  

How's that expression go again in the Bible, offered by Jesus?  Something along the lines of, "“Why do you see the speck of chaff that is in your brother's eye, but don't consider the beam that is in your own eye.” Luke 6:41.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

Very interesting response. Part 1 makes you guilty by accusation. Part 2 is so off topic and nasty it really doesn't deserve a response.

Once again the next election will be won on things that matter, like jobs, taxes and national security. Not who homosexuals can sleep with or what bathroom children with gender dysphoria can use. America knows what's important. #TRUMP2020

See you at the next debate!

• Like 1

Just now, 31illusions said:

gender dysphoria

Educating ourselves are we? :lol:

3 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Very interesting response. Part 1 makes you guilty by accusation. Part 2 is so off topic and nasty it really doesn't deserve a response.

🤣 Off topic how? You quoted Leviticus in the first place. You just can’t respond to it because you’re full of shit. 

35 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

I figured the best you could do is dodge, deflect, and attack

Trump isn't just guilty because he stands accused.  There exists a mountain of corroborating testimony by those who were told of the attacks just prior to them happening. 

For fucks sake, Trump even acknowledge in the Access Hollywood tapes that he doesn't wait for consent; he just does it because he's a celebrity and he gets away with it.  What more do you need?

How is part two off topic?  

So you don't wear cloth that's made up of two types of materials?  Do you wait for your wife to finish menstruating before you touch her or do you risk God's wrath in both situations?  Also, how many slaves do you own?  In Leviticus God makes it pretty clear you can own male and female slaves.  How about children slaves?  You probably have a few of those since, if there are foreigners living amongst you, you're fine with taking their kids as slaves.  States pretty clearly in Leviticus.  I also assume you're prepared to have your son or daughter stoned if they don't follow your commands, since, as Leviticus gives you a pass on that one as well.  

35 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

America knows what's important.

First, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. 

Second, it's clear you don't.  

35 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Yeah, I thought Florida was going to take the dumbest state award for charging a woman for grand theft when she took her abusive husband's guns to her local sheriffs department.

Then I saw this.

What a train wreck.  

9 hours ago, Angelica said:

Just another day in Amabala.

9 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Once again the next election will be won on things that matter, like jobs, taxes and national security. Not who homosexuals can sleep with or what bathroom children with gender dysphoria can use. America knows what's important. #TRUMP2020

See you at the next debate!

Were you proud of your boy with Putin at the G20?  

And we wonder why America can be shit sometimes.  

I don't think anybodys ever wondered that boss :lol:

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, downzy said:

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." Leviticus 19:19

"When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening. Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean." Leviticus 15: 19-20

So I take you only wear clothing woven of one kind of material and never touch your wife/girlfriend when she's menstruating...  If not you must be considered a shitty Christian by your own logic.  

How's that expression go again in the Bible, offered by Jesus?  Something along the lines of, "“Why do you see the speck of chaff that is in your brother's eye, but don't consider the beam that is in your own eye.” Luke 6:41.

I actually agree with you here. This is a textbook example of why you don't argue political positions based on religion. The right tends to use the bible when arguing gay issues, and the left tends to use the bible to defend more immigration. Just argue your point based on a reason, logic, and facts! And I say this as a socially conservative Catholic!

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I actually agree with you here. This is a textbook example of why you don't argue political positions based on religion. The right tends to use the bible when arguing gay issues, and the left tends to use the bible to defend more immigration. Just argue your point based on a reason, logic, and facts! And I say this as a socially conservative Catholic!

Agreed.  It's foolish to base laws on a book that was written thousands of years ago.  Having read the Bible through once (and I think the New Testament twice), I know there are some good moral lessons bestowed within the pages, but they should be viewed as more philosophical than political.  

Having said that, it would be difficult to see Jesus, if he came back, as wanting anything to do with today's Republican Party, particularly Trump.  The Jesus in the Bible was a man of love, forgiveness and compassion; traits I see very little of in the current Republican party with respect to the poor and destitute.  

Aside from the side-show that is the Democratic nomination at the moment, two incidents that happened this week that deserve attention.

The first is the Supreme Court's decision to deny courts the ability to rule on gerrymandering.  This will have profound effects on elections for decades, perhaps generations, if the Court doesn't reverse it's position (i.e Trump wins re-election).

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/john-roberts-supreme-courts-partisan-gerrymandering-rucho-common-cause.html

This is an outright assault on Democracy.  Both parties are guilty of it but generally it's benefited Republicans far more than Democrats, since Democrats generally live in urban areas and their votes can be carved up to dilute their vote.  

It's absolute insanity to suggest that Courts don't have the wherewithal to determine whether a gerrymandered district is a violation of a citizens right to fair representation.  Roberts in his summary provided zero alternatives as to how this problem gets addressed.  Reason: because it can't be outside of the courts.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second concerning, but unsurprising, development was Trump "joking" with Putin about the problem with journalists:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/28/smirking-trump-jokes-to-putin-dont-meddle-in-us-election-g20

Keep in mind these remarks were uttered one year, to the day, of five journalists killed at the Capitol Gazette, in Annapolis, Maryland.  

26 journalists have been murdered while Putin has been in office.  Political prisons in Russia have grown from 50 to over 300.

This is as troubling as it is upsetting.  

6 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Not long ago democrats had the same view on immigration as Trump does.  Such hypocrites.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Not long ago democrats had the same view on immigration as Trump does.  Such hypocrites.

democrats lost the White House and they want it back.

It sure would help turning Florida or Texas permanently blue. they manipulate minorities to secure votes more than ever. they want to give illegals more protection, more rights because they will predominantly vote democrats.

• Like 1

Just now, Silent Jay said:

democrats lost the White House and they want it back.

It sure would help turning Florida or Texas permanently blue. they manipulate minorities to secure votes more than ever. they want to give illegals more protection, more rights because they will predominantly vote democrats.

Whereas you favour putting kids in cages and hate queers. You're on the wrong side of history. ;) 

• Confused 1

@Swampfox Democrats flip-flop so much because they are oppositionists. They want whatever Trump doesn't want. Creating strife and hysteria over things they once supported. I think that's called hypocrisy.