downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

19 hours ago, downzy said:

Not really.

Most of the shootings enumerated in the article are most likely gang related with the victims targeted for a very set of motivations unrelated to the victims skin colour.  There's little randomness to it like the mass shootings we saw at the Gilroy Festival, Walmart, and Dayton, OH.  The victims of the listed shootings were likely known to the shooters.  

I'm not trying to diminish the carnage or excuse that it happens, but the reality is that when a early 20 something walks into a Walmart and starts indiscriminately killing people, it's different then a multiple homicide situation in West Baltimore.  

My point was more aimed at Soon and his complaints of White Supremacy in the US. A White Supremacist media would surely be covering the types of crimes I noted in my link compared to the focus on the random white kid shooters.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Complain as much as you want, but don't compare it to newspapers or other journalistic, editorial media censoring content from a political bias. 

Twitter does censor with a political bias. Compare how they censor guys on the far right (alt-right) vs far left (antifa).

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Twitter does censor with a political bias. Compare how they censor guys on the far right (alt-right) vs far left (antifa).

I don't care and neither should do. The problem isn't that a listed company (maybe) has a political bias, but that people confuse twitter with a respectable news source. 

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is not semantics. If you and me talk about our vacation plans in twitter, in what way is that newsworthy? There are a lot of people who talk about a lot of things in twitter that have nothing to do with politics, local news or breaking news! Twitter is not the same thing that newspapers, radio or T.V. are.

There is reliable alternative media as oppose to mainstream media. But Twitter, FB or Instagram are not such a thing. 

Twitter is a major source for breaking news.  And not just for common people.  Ask most beat writers, journalists, etc and just about every single one refers to twitter for breaking news.  Or if it’s them breaking the story, you can bet they are tweeting it as well.

It’s not even a question in 2019.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't care and neither should do. The problem isn't that a listed company (maybe) has a political bias, but that people confuse twitter with a respectable news source. 

It's not supposed to be a news source, just a platform, but when you are editing certain viewpoints more than others, you're no longer just a platform, you're something else entirely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

It's not supposed to be a news source, just a platform, but when you are editing certain viewpoints more than others, you're no longer just a platform, you're something else entirely. 

I disagree. 

12 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

My point was more aimed at Soon and his complaints of White Supremacy in the US. A White Supremacist media would surely be covering the types of crimes I noted in my link compared to the focus on the random white kid shooters.

Yeah, except that I never called the US media White Supremacist 

Wow Downzy, didn't think my post about taking 20 minutes to read one of your posts would be deleted.  You're that thin skinned?  Learn how to take a joke pal 🚼

12 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Apples and Oranges.

Now if I posted linked news articles about something Downzy didn’t agree with, and he then removed it, then that would be comparable to what Twitter has done.

Oh snap! QFT.

12 hours ago, downzy said:

They didn’t censor politically based information. They removed verbal threats that violated their corporate and user guidelines. 

Actually you're wrong, they didn't remove verbal threats, they suspended accounts for posting the video. Now I hear they reinstated them. Twitter, FB, Google are biased. Please do not try to convince the human race otherwise. It won't work.

13 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Actually you're wrong, they didn't remove verbal threats, they suspended accounts for posting the video. Now I hear they reinstated them. Twitter, FB, Google are biased. Please do not try to convince the human race otherwise. It won't work.

This is a Guns N’ Roses online fan forum. 

I’m pretty sure convincing the human race based on what anyone writes here isn't going to happen.

Regardless, Twitter’s policy is/was to disable accounts that do not adhere to their content policies. One of those policies was not to allow people posting verbal threats. It doesn’t matter if the account belongs to a liberal or a conservative - those who violate the policy have their accounts suspending until the content in question is removed by the user. 

I do think it’s strange that Twitter applies this policy to those who bring attention to threats made to the account holder. But again, that’s not a partisan issue. I’m not sure those enraged by what happened truly understand what is going on here. 

If Trump and Republicans are smart, they'd pass federal background check and red flag laws tomorrow.  

Their base is going to support them regardless, and taking on what is traditionally a Democratic issue would undermine Democratic candidates in the 2020 election.  It would also help Trump with independents who might view him more favourably if he forcefully advocated for and got universal background checks.  

Easily one big political gift to Republicans if they choose to be smart about it.  

Time will tell.   

33 minutes ago, downzy said:

Please Democrats, pick anyone other than Biden...

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-gaffes-parkland-trump-467d4127-0107-4ca7-adf9-40e1937ca8c6.html

Hillary looked like a lock prior to the actual 2016 election.  I don't believe that just because Biden does well in polls now that he'll be in the same position next summer/fall.  

Many will write this off as Biden is known to goof, but hes had way too many mental flubs to count recently.

I think maybe old age is catching up.

16 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Many will write this off as Biden is known to goof, but hes had way too many mental flubs to count recently.

I think maybe old age is catching up.

Maybe, but I'm not sure if it's age.  

I've never thought he was the brightest guy in the room.  Well-meaning and personable as hell, but an intellectual he is not.  

45 minutes ago, downzy said:

Maybe, but I'm not sure if it's age.  

I've never thought he was the brightest guy in the room.  Well-meaning and personable as hell, but an intellectual he is not.  

What he’s not is Trump and I think people need to bear that in mind when tearing him down. If he’s the nominee people need to get behind him regardless or we get another 4 years of the current insanity. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What he’s not is Trump and I think people need to bear that in mind when tearing him down. If he’s the nominee people need to get behind him regardless or we get another 4 years of the current insanity. 

He's a million times better than Trump.  I would take a dirty sock to be President over Trump.  

My preference is for the Democrats to run someone who can at least speak for more than ten minutes without sticking their foot in their mouths.

Then again, it never stopped Trump from succeeding.  (But then again, Trump appeals to a different, "special" if you will, kind of voter).  

1 minute ago, downzy said:

He's a million times better than Trump.  I would take a dirty sock to be President over Trump.  

My preference is for the Democrats to run someone who can at least speak for more than ten minutes without sticking their foot in their mouths.

Then again, it never stopped Trump from succeeding.  (But then again, Trump appeals to a different, "special" if you will, kind of voter).  

Don’t get me wrong, Biden’s far from my ideal but I just have the memory of holier than thou liberals who refused to hold their noses and vote for Hilary last time. 

Just now, Dazey said:

Don’t get me wrong, Biden’s far from my ideal but I just have the memory of holier than thou liberals who refused to hold their noses and vote for Hilary last time. 

100 percent.  It just bothers me that Biden is still the front runner when he has so many deficiencies and weaknesses.  

Still miles ahead of Trump and like with Hillary, it shouldn't even be a decision between the two.  

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Still miles ahead of Trump and like with Hillary, it shouldn't even be a decision between the two.  

Biden single-handedly sold a generation of Americans into student loan slavery by changing bankruptcy laws

Fuck him

33 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Biden single-handedly sold a generation of Americans into student loan slavery by changing bankruptcy laws

Fuck him

So if it's Biden v. Trump, who are you voting for?

If its Biden v Trump the US need to be put into foster care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What are the Democrats running on?  What is their message?

Any objective moderate would/should admit that their first two televised debates were laughable at best, but were actually train wrecks. 

When the left screams RACISM!!! White supremacy!! What are they actually saying? 

What should be done with all the racists? 

Lets say all 63 million that voted for Trump for the sake of the argument were racists, what should be done with them? Let’s say 5% are actually racists, what should we do with them? 

So when you shout these little catchphrases, I wanna know where you’re coming from.. 

When I think of racism in America it includes racist drug laws. Which makes me think of Biden.

"And then there’s Joe Biden. He has a terrible record on marijuana and drug policy going back to his days as chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee. His signature piece of crime legislation, the 1994 Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, established the notorious 100:1 weight disparity in sentencing crack and powder cocaine offenders, sending a generation of black men to prison for years for amounts of the drug that could be contained in a cigarette pack. It took five grams of crack to generate a five-year mandatory minimum prison sentence, but 500 grams of powder cocaine to earn the same amount of time.

He has admitted he “hasn’t always been right” about drug policy, and he’s certainly right about that. Besides pushing through draconian crime bills, he also takes credit for dreaming up the notion of a “drug czar,” and he worked for years with the Reagan administration to turn that dream into fact. In 1989, the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP—the drug czar’s office) came into being.

ONDCP pushed for more arrests, more prisons, and more federal funding for the war on drugs, but it did more than that, and Biden helped there, too. During the 1996 reauthorization of ONDCP, Biden voted for a bill that basically required the drug czar to block any studies of marijuana legalization and “take such actions as necessary to oppose any attempt to legalize the use of such substance (in any form).” That is, Biden supported requiring the drug czar to lie by law about any benefits of marijuana legalization.

From cheerleading asset forfeiture to helping make America the world’s leading jailer to encouraging the militarization of policing in the name of the drug war, Biden was there. He didn’t just vote for bad laws; he helped write them and ensure they got passed."

https://www.alternet.org/2019/04/joe-bidens-history-on-marijuana-and-drug-policy-may-be-the-worst-in-the-democratic-field/

That said if someone doesnt know what is meant by "racism" that cant possibly be the fault of the Dems :lol: