downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

20 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

This was very informative.

Those are informed voters and you can sense they have low expectations... the dnc candidate field is weak and so crowded not a single candidate will unify the party.

Notice how they got real quiet when Buttigieg came up, kind of says it all in regards to his chances with that communities vote.

I loved when Harris came up and the guy immediately says, "she the police" and you hear the gasps from the white liberal audience :lol:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Notice how they got real quiet when Buttigieg came up, kind of says it all in regards to his chances with that communities vote.

Just a comment on how we are stuck at a point in time in society where we call big groups of people "a community." (Im not opposing its use here at all, just a jump off point about something Ive been thinking of). 

I heard a radio interview with a women of colour who was the first lobster boat captain or some shit. When asked "whats the response been from your community?" She responded with something along to the lines of "Well, Tennessee is my 'community.' And Im gay, so I get told Im in the "gay community." And do we mean the "black community" or "the POC community?" 

And looming in the background of that interview was, 'if we are talking about being representative of communities, then why is the only female captain speaking on behalf of lobster boats?' (I'm all for interviewing her based on that achievement, but it does get more complicated at some point, doesnt it?)

Anyways, again, just a random musing, not specify tied to anything or opposed to the use of the term. 

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Obama was to the progressive left what Trump is to the populist right, a psy-op.

Bernie and Trump shifted the Overton Window on both sides so far that everyone else is a sham in comparison

Bernie and Trump are Left and Right incarnate 

aGxGAEw_700b.jpg

3 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Bernie and Trump shifted the Overton Window on both sides so far that everyone else is a sham in comparison

Bernie and Trump are Left and Right incarnate 

aGxGAEw_700b.jpg

Democrats should try Bernie, like Republicans with Trump in 2016, the wild card ("what the hell do you have to lose?").

I like Bernie. He's my favourite left wing candidate.

I think it would be healthy for America to have Bernie compete against Trump in 2020. Because it won't be a divisive bloodbath and voters will truly decide what kind of country America choose to be. 2020 is the year when America reach a crossroad.

This page is a left and right love fest for Bernie! :headbang: And all his critics got to say is that this career long, successful politician, sitting Senator 'doesnt understand how the US Federal Government works.' :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

This is just sadistic:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/29/ohio-extreme-abortion-bill-reimplant-ectopic-pregnancy?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Nothing can be done to save an ectopic pregnancy.  The bill would require doctors to do something that is medically impossible.  

Once again the hard right and book facts find themselves at cross purposes. 😳🙄

Edited by Angelica

Kamela Harris is out.

Shame because I thought she would make a great candidate to go up against Trump as well as be an excellent President.  It would seem it's just not her time.  Maybe 2024 or 2028.

50 minutes ago, downzy said:

Kamela Harris is out.

Shame because I thought she would make a great candidate to go up against Trump as well as be an excellent President.  It would seem it's just not her time.  Maybe 2024 or 2028.

I rarely comment on politics, but I was sad to see her go too. I thought she was the only one they've presented that had a chance of beating Trump. 

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I rarely comment on politics, but I was sad to see her go too. I thought she was the only one they've presented that had a chance of beating Trump. 

?

uxZJ7r5.png

2 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

?

uxZJ7r5.png

Again, I'm not one for political discussion. I haven't paid any attention to any polls. I was going on my own opinion of the candidates I'd seen. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Democrats are shooting themselves in the feet. Warren, Biden, Sanders? Good luck against Trump...

I think Biden beats Trump in a general election. Personally I'd prefer Buttigieg but I don't know if the US is ready for a gay president just yet. I'd love to see Warren win too but without a landslide in both houses she'd get pretty much nothing done during her time in office.

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think Biden beats Trump in a general election. Personally I'd prefer Buttigieg but I don't know if the US is ready for a gay president just yet. I'd love to see Warren win too but without a landslide in both houses she'd get pretty much nothing done during her time in office.

I fear all three of them would lose against Trump. I prefer many of the less popular democratic candidates. 

Handsy Uncle Joe ranting. That "My friend Popcorn" rant overshadowed other gems from that same speech. This is making the rounds lately. 0:39-1:40

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1