downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

24 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Establishment Dems are scared - they have nothing on Bernie so they're making shit up wholesale now to smear him

They arent very creative with what they make up either - all of it just happens to be typical antisemitic tropes. "Money bags using deception to infiltrate OUR party. Using lies to repress us (allegedly telling warren not to run). To take away our way of life." And in the clip you post they go to 11 by talking about Sanders supposedly contorted body, another trope. Even comparing him to a reptile (turtle). Its all there.

This little piece by Ben Burgis explores other aspects of the media smear. I think its a handy guide. (its unlocked/free)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/33240260

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

The system is rigged against Bernie, until he adresses it he cannot win the nomination.

Im interested to hear how you'd like to see him address it? Imho he'd have to tread lightly given such an uninformed public - such as the 'laugh and shake his head' at the debate attack when the moderator ignored his answer while addressing Warren about the lie.

Edited by soon

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Im interested to hear how you'd like to see him address it? Imho he'd have to tread lightly given such an uninformed public - such as the laugh and shake of his head at the debate attack when the moderator ignored his answer while addressing Warren about the lie.

I saw it. The good thing is that most of the people see through it and they are the ones whose votes matter. It's also true to mention the uninformed public, especially some of the CNN viewers, but they are a lost cause.

Anyway, the way I see it is that the oligarchs of the democrat party will never let Bernie get the nomination. Period. Bloomberg is committed to spend a billion dollars to influence the 2020 election, to get dems into republicans seats, to get Trump out of office, that type of money will never be spent to support Bernie and his policies. That's why Bernie must start hammering down on the bloombergs, the clintons, the bidens etc. He shouldn't have to tread lightly, he should counterpunch harder because the medias bias towards him is becoming more vicious anyway. The debates ratings are down the tube because they are a snooze fest. People are so bored out of their mind that if Hillary Clinton runs for president again she will immediately get the spotlight.

Yeah in a normal election year, Warren would drop out if she lost Iowa and New Hampshire, but she'll stay in this year to try and force a contested convention

Hopefully Bernie mops the floor with Biden and wins enough delegates to prevent that, but we'll see

11 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I saw it. The good thing is that most of the people see through it and they are the ones whose votes matter. It's also true to mention the uninformed public, especially some of the CNN viewers, but they are a lost cause.

Anyway, the way I see it is that the oligarchs of the democrat party will never let Bernie get the nomination. Period. Bloomberg is committed to spend a billion dollars to influence the 2020 election, to get dems into republicans seats, to get Trump out of office, that type of money will never be spent to support Bernie and his policies. That's why Bernie must start hammering down on the bloombergs, the clintons, the bidens etc. He shouldn't have to tread lightly, he should counterpunch harder because the medias bias towards him is becoming more vicious anyway. The debates ratings are down the tube because they are a snooze fest. People are so bored out of their mind that if Hillary Clinton runs for president again she will immediately get the spotlight.

Thanks for your reply. I can see where you are coming form on some of these items. I think you are projecting about how he should counter punch though - you like strong men so it makes sense if you'd like Bernie to be one. Id argue that he's quite strong and firm. And Id point out that one doesnt thrive in politics as long as him with out some solid game play. It might be fair to say that he made the mistake of toning it down in 2015, but I think we have a feisty and angry Bernie today. Id love to see him go 'full Bernie' but I would never want him to lower himself to a Trump style "Fake News" standard. Especially now that we've entered into a 'fake post' world, and its certainly not like its making the world a better place. Whats more, as a statesman he has the foresight to know that when he's elected and rolling out the Green New Deal he will need the media paying attention and communicating to educate the public. He can endure them for now to later enact his vision for the USA. To me that is a strong man.

What Bernies base likes about him is, imho, something that the masses can get behind too. That is that he is uncompromising and informed. He's got solid logic and rhetoric. He actually cares and sometimes that makes him get mad. But its a calm and relatable way that he carries himself most of the time. Its dignified and reminds one of a more sensible time.

As for the dollars (and there are many people opposed to him, not just the 1%), I think the grassroots fundraising is the counter punch.

It will be interesting to see how he choses to approach the corporate media smears. I certainly hope he doesnt back down from anything, thats for sure.

21 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

What was your opinion on the Democratic Party 35 years ago? 

Please let this become the definitive response to Kyle-the-drunk-and-stoned-mansplaining-field-organizer-gate :lol:. Seeder nails it here, with great humour! :headbang:

starts at 1:35

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

What was your opinion on the Democratic Party 35 years ago? 

I wasn't born, but let's check in on Joe Biden 34 years ago

Edited by TheSeeker

49 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I wasn't born, but let's check in on Joe Biden 34 years ago

Yeah, but that was 34 years ago is the point. People change over that amount of time and you should look at who a person is now rather than making a judgement based on who they were back then. 

Edited by Dazey

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, but that was 35 years ago is the point. 

Correct - The Democratic party was trash 35 years ago

They thought they could compete with Reagan by moving right and they never came back

Edited by TheSeeker

11 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

They thought they could compete with Reagan by moving right and they never came back

Maybe the 1972 election between McGovern v Nixon taught Democrats that nominating the most progressive candidate for President wasn’t the way to go either. 

I believe in climate science, not incrementalism.

Happy Martin Luther King Day.

I'll let him speak for himself. Here, an excerpt from Letter From a Birmingham Jail...

"First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and that when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. I had hoped that the white moderate would understand that the present tension in the South is a necessary phase of the transition from an obnoxious negative peace, in which the Negro passively accepted his unjust plight, to a substantive and positive peace, in which all men will respect the dignity and worth of human personality. Actually, we who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive. We bring it out in the open, where it can be seen and dealt with. Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured.

In your statement you assert that our actions, even though peaceful, must be condemned because they precipitate violence. But is this a logical assertion? Isn't this like condemning a robbed man because his possession of money precipitated the evil act of robbery? Isn't this like condemning Socrates because his unswerving commitment to truth and his philosophical inquiries precipitated the act by the misguided populace in which they made him drink hemlock?"

https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Articles_Gen/Letter_Birmingham.html

• Like 2

The Virginia neo nazi gun rally is under way. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Red-Pilled (except the ones in masks who must be antifa thugs??)

I think the world would be a better place if someone just Blue-Pilled these guys instead :lol:

Z37ozaNh.jpg

Edited by soon

1 hour ago, soon said:

The Virginia neo nazi gun rally is under way. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Red-Pilled (except the ones in masks who must be antifa thugs??)

I think the world would be a better place if someone just Blue-Pilled these guys instead :lol:

Z37ozaNh.jpg

Alex Jones is cruising the streets in an armored truck right now.

7 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Alex Jones is cruising the streets in an armored truck right now.

I totally thought you were joking and was having a good laugh until I suddenly realized that it made perfect sense and you probably weren't joking. :lol:

Here he is, just one of 1000's of grown men playing dress-up, cos playing as soldiers today in Virginia.

g9O9asOh.jpg

:facepalm::lol:

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, TheSeeker said:

Both parties coalesced around neo-liberal economics within a decade of eachother. The Republicans under Reagan and then the Democrats under Clinton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Can she go away already

Jesus christ

God damn... She doesn't have a fucking clue as to how disliked she is and how badly people want her to stop talking.