downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I love Mayor Pete. :) 

Apparently he has no respect for the process - was very undignified to give a victory speech before results were in. Made worse only by his walking it back saying they were "carrying victory in their heart." :lol:

He's also the least likely to beat Trump. Trump could beat him debating solely in fart noises. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soon said:

He gave a victory(ous) speech last night. Then this afternoon they release 62% of results which shows him leading but isnt the results(why???). As I highlighted the main thing about Iowa is the media attention. So far he's had two rounds of victory attention with out the results. TBH, Im not sure what him getting the unearned spotlights has to do with being from the region?

(obviously we both know that since my post more results have come out)

I meant that if the results show that he wins Iowa I wouldn't be that susprised. Why? Because he is from the Midwest.  That doesn't necessarily mean he will win the nomination. There is a long way to go. As I said before the key primary is Super Tuesday. 

His premature celebration probably meant that today he got more money from donnors. It could be a strategy

• Like 1

Is this Kansas City thing the American equivalent of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire Paradox? 

Hillary for prison isn't going to run again is she? :smiley-confused2:

The State Of The Bullshit! :facepalm:

I need the adult in the room. Trump refused to shake Pelosi's hand. And she retaliated. Pelosi should've taken the high road. That's what I expect from the Speaker. 

Whatever happened to "when they go low, we go high" :shrugs:

• Like 1

WTF is a "stanktuary?" Is that somewhere in Stankonia?

Hdq5U7Rh.jpg

80 minutes of bold faced lies, but somehow ripping up paper is the greater offence. 

29 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

There's a news blackout on events like this in the US media.

We are blessed to have the CBC, for sure. Its reporting facts like these that have conservatives calling for the CBC to be defunded :facepalm:. And I mean the editorial policy calls the situation a 'conflict between Israel and militant Palestinians' which is a deeply flawed analysis, but none the less we still get coverage. And then I can look elsewhere for deeper coverage once Ive heard of the events.

Where do you look to for your Palestine coverage?

40 minutes ago, downzy said:

80 minutes of bold faced lies, but somehow ripping up paper is the greater offence. 

We all know that whatever Trump may say in a speech is 100%  lies. Still it was the State Of The Union. It takes place in Congress. If the President wants to act like an inmature misoginist asshole. The answer from The Speaker Of The House shouldn't be more stupid childish behavior. Two wrongs doesn't make it right.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soon said:

We are blessed to have the CBC, for sure. Its reporting facts like these that have conservatives calling for the CBC to be defunded :facepalm:. And I mean the editorial policy calls the situation a 'conflict between Israel and militant Palestinians' which is a deeply flawed analysis, but none the less we still get coverage. And then I can look elsewhere for deeper coverage once Ive heard of the events.

Where do you look to for your Palestine coverage?

Well for foreign policy in general, lately I've been checking out the Grayzone's website and youtube channel.

9 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Well for foreign policy in general, lately I've been checking out the Grayzone's website and youtube channel.

Cool. I dont really know them. Will have to check them out. Thanks! I like Electronic Intifada and wish that they had the capacity to upload more pieces but there is plenty,

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/omar-karmi/trumps-win-win-plan-hands-everything-israel

Or on the ground journalism via twitter like IMEMC News. IMEMC is a heartbreaking, painful feed. But so important.

26 minutes ago, Padme said:

We all know that whatever Trump may say in a speech is 100%  lies. Still it was the State Of The Union. It takes place in Congress. If the President wants to act like an inmature misoginist asshole. The answer from The Speaker Of The House shouldn't be more stupid childish behavior. Two wrongs doesn't make it right.

One was borderline inappropriate (tearing up the speech), the other was inexcusable.  Just because Trump continually lies doesn't make the offence any worse.  

I can't stand this false equivalency.  

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

One was borderline inappropriate (tearing up the speech), the other was inexcusable.  Just because Trump continually lies doesn't make the offence any worse.  

EQB6tz7WoAA2cEe?format=png&name=small

All she did was turned more independents to Trump. All democrats should be concerned because she had a meltdown in front of the world over a 82% independents approved speech. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

EQB6tz7WoAA2cEe?format=png&name=small

All she did was turned more independents to Trump. All democrats should be concerned because she had a meltdown in front of the world over a 82% independents approved speech. 

If you honestly think this speech is going to move the needle in the slightest with respect to an election ten months from now, you obviously don't know much about U.S. politics.

"Meltdown..."  LOL. 

• Haha 1

The only thing is i would've preferred her to tear up that obscene 738B dollar defense bill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really dont care about elites shaking hands or not shaking hands. I dont care about ripping up a speech (Or was that the Iowa Caucus results? Zing! lol). I care about material concerns for the working class and dispossessed being addressed in authentic ways. Full stop.

20 minutes ago, soon said:

I really dont care about elites shaking hands or not shaking hands. I dont care about ripping up a speech (Or was that the Iowa Caucus results? Zing! lol). I care about material concerns for the working class and dispossessed being addressed in authentic ways. Full stop.

I didn't even bother to watch. Though it does appear i spoke too soon on Pinocchio Guaido :lol: He was there canvassing the voters of Venezuela, the US congress.

Edited by -W.A.R-

42 minutes ago, downzy said:

He did it before with Angela Merkel a couple of years ago in the White House. Her reaction was not to get pissed off. President and Congress are institutions. Both institutions are above any person or name. I don't expect Trump to understand that. Pelosi should've thought about institutions. In this current moment in time, there is no room for that kind of mistake from her part. No matter what Trump says or does, always take the high road.

2 hours ago, soon said:

Cool. I dont really know them. Will have to check them out. Thanks! I like Electronic Intifada and wish that they had the capacity to upload more pieces but there is plenty,

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/omar-karmi/trumps-win-win-plan-hands-everything-israel

Or on the ground journalism via twitter like IMEMC News. IMEMC is a heartbreaking, painful feed. But so important.

Ah yes, electronic intifada. I did watch the documentary "The Lobby" from their youtube channel.

2 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

The only thing is i would've preferred her to tear up that obscene 738B dollar defense bill. 

They won't, because the corporate democrats love the Military Industrial Complex only slightly (so very slighly) less than the Republicans.

Trump acquitted by the senate on both charges, 52-48 on the first article and 53-47 on the second article.

On 26/01/2020 at 12:50 PM, soon said:

I dont tend to think that Rogans audience are bigots. Like I say, they are typically politically unaffiliated (broadly speaking). 

Is there anything to back this up or is it just a feeling you have?

19 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Trump acquitted by the senate on both charges, 52-48 on the first article and 53-47 on the second article.

It was closer than I thought. I would like to know what Mitt Romney plan is.