downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

Stimulus money will start to be mailed out on April 6.

A married couple making under $150,000 will get $2400. Anyone making under $75,000 will get $1200 and $500 for each child.

I hope somehow people who really need this money and have been out of work get enough to pay their bills and feed their families.

My brother has to apply for unemployment. He is out of work now and needs money for his bills.

If Biden picks a woman running mate, that will seal his fake of losing the Presidency. I don't like any of those women who he is thinking of picking. 

didn't they all rag on him for stuff while they had their debates? How can you trust this?

22 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

This is the man the DNC kneecapped Bernie for:

I'm cringing, not only for Joe, but at the absolute fakeness of this reporters reactions. This has to be similar to how people in the Soviet Union viewed Pravda in the dying days. This is Biden, in his home, in a friendly interview, that he knows the questions to. My God it's going to be ugly for him when he's actually on a debate stage (and Trump will put his foot in his mouth plenty too, but you honestly just cringe when Joe speaks).

• Like 1

Bernie Sanders will vote to pass the Senate stimulus bill. 

I guess according to some around here he must no longer be a progressive.

🤪

12 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Geotus.jpg

This woman is still salty four years after she was humiliated live on national TV.

As opposed to being humiliated on a daily basis (see above). 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

What can I tell you.

They’re both failed jugglers when it comes to the English language (though something tells me Biden knows Kansas City, the host town to the Chiefs, ain’t in Kansas). 

10 hours ago, downzy said:

They’re both failed jugglers when it comes to the English language (though something tells me Biden knows Kansas City, the host town to the Chiefs, ain’t in Kansas). 

I think he used to know that, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I think he used to know that, lol.

Biden has always had a loose relationship with words. It goes back to when when he got caught plagiarizing back in the late 1980s.

Evidence of it now isn’t indicative of his current mental state due to age. It’s a character flaw that has long been there.   

He intentionally plagiarized. Very separate issue from his obvious cognitive decline. Both issues equally disqualify him in a sane world.

14 minutes ago, soon said:

He intentionally plagiarized. Very separate issue from his obvious cognitive decline. Both issues equally disqualify him in a sane world.

Lucky of all of us that this world is far from sane right now. Even if Uncle Joe's dribbling simpleton you have to comfort yourself with the likelihood that he will at least not surround himself with people like Stephen Miller.

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Lucky of all of us that this world is far from sane right now. Even if Uncle Joe's dribbling simpleton you have to comfort yourself with the likelihood that he will at least not surround himself with people like Stephen Miller.

Two sides of a coin. I take no comfort in a Biden presidency.

Stephen Miller would love to act on the racist drug war the way Biden did. He'd love to shame black parents for the plight of their children in the deficient and racist public school system the way Biden does.

23 minutes ago, soon said:

Again, Biden has an issue with spitting out a coherent sentence for a very long time.  He's been known for his foot-in-mouth disease for a very long time.  

Anyone remotely familiar with Biden's track record knows this is not new.

Just now, downzy said:

Again, Biden has an issue with spitting out a coherent sentence for a very long time.  He's been known for his foot-in-mouth disease for a very long time.  

Anyone remotely familiar with Biden's track record knows this is not new.

What a non response. "again" is a crutch you use all to often to avoid interacting with what people actually say.

Just now, soon said:

What a non response. "again" is a crutch you use all to often to avoid interacting with what people actually say.

It's a fact.  Biden has a long history of saying stupid shit when speaking off the cuff.  If you think it's a sign of mental decline, you haven't been paying attention.  

2 minutes ago, soon said:

The answer to any and all criticism of Biden is that he's not the orange clown in the White House right now. Depressing as it may be that's enough at the moment. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's a fact.  Biden has a long history of saying stupid shit when speaking off the cuff.  If you think it's a sign of mental decline, you haven't been paying attention.  

AGAIN, what I spoke to was what you said before completely changing course. You spoke about the plagiarism. You equated that falsely to his obvious cognitive decline. Done and done.

(PS: 'he's always been shit' is perhaps not as good as an argument in the real world as it seems in Vox articles)

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The answer to any and all criticism of Biden is that he's not the orange clown in the White House right now. Depressing as it may be that's enough at the moment. 

Not for me it aint.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

AGAIN, what I spoke to was what you said before completely changing course. You spoke about the plagiarism. You equated that falsely to his obvious cognitive decline. Done and done.

I spoke of plagiarism and gaffes.  See the link posted above. It's not limited to plagiarism.  He has a long history of staying weird and stupid shit.  But you're so caught up on making your own ignorant point you fail to read what others are actually saying.  

So let's move on.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Biden has always had a loose relationship with words. It goes back to when when he got caught plagiarizing back in the late 1980s.

Evidence of it now isn’t indicative of his current mental state due to age. It’s a character flaw that has long been there.   

Okay so if Biden's mental state isn't good why would anyone vote for him or why is he even in the running? It's no joke about getting older and losing your memory. It's a fact.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay so if Biden's mental state isn't good why would anyone vote for him or why is he even in the running? It's no joke about getting older and losing your memory. It's a fact.

I didn't say his mental state is poor.  That's my entire point.  It's just he's not great at speaking off the cuff.  He has a history of gaffes.

As for his age, yes, it's not idea.  However, he's only three years older than Trump.  Ronald Reagan, the hero to every conservative, was older in his final two years as President than Biden will be in his first two years.  

As for why anyone would vote for him, because he's not Trump.  If you need more than that you're not paying attention. But something tells me that more people will be paying attention after the bodies start to pile up in the hundreds of thousands because Trump refused to take the outbreak seriously until it was too late.  Or maybe not.  Maybe enough Americans will continue to believe in a fantasy and a lie despite the staggering number of bodies in Trump's wake.  

We'll see.  

54 minutes ago, downzy said:

I didn't say his mental state is poor.  That's my entire point.  It's just he's not great at speaking off the cuff.  He has a history of gaffes.

As for his age, yes, it's not idea.  However, he's only three years older than Trump.  Ronald Reagan, the hero to every conservative, was older in his final two years as President than Biden will be in his first two years.  

As for why anyone would vote for him, because he's not Trump.  If you need more than that you're not paying attention. But something tells me that more people will be paying attention after the bodies start to pile up in the hundreds of thousands because Trump refused to take the outbreak seriously until it was too late.  Or maybe not.  Maybe enough Americans will continue to believe in a fantasy and a lie despite the staggering number of bodies in Trump's wake.  

We'll see.  

A vote for Biden is basically going to be a vote for whoever he picks as his VP. Most important VP pick I can recall. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

Exactly. Thousands of people are dying every day all over the world. And we are discussing Biden?