Jump to content
downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

"Whatever problems Biden has ?" Like dementia or Alzheimers?

Post like this undermines your credibility a lot. If Trump is unfit to be President as you keep claiming then Joe Biden is even less fit.

But here are some facts :

Trump restricted travel with China in late January, Biden called him "xenophobic fear-mongering" after.

Trump invoked the DPA, Biden suggests he'll do that after Trump already did.

From January 1st until February 25th, there were four democratic debates, in the first three debates, there was not one question about the virus and not one comment from any of the candidates.

It was only on February 25th that Sanders said something about the virus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-trump-polls-joe-biden-covid-cases-a9436831.html

 

Here's the truth. Trump did a half assed restriction from China in January, people were still coming to the US from China. As late as early March he hadn't done much else and was still "it's just the flu brah" tweeting. Now to be fair, I'm not sure a Democrat would have done much better early on. The real problem is our liberal system and how scared it is to actually take authoritarian action when it needs to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

"Whatever problems Biden has ?" Like dementia or Alzheimers?

Based on what?  He flubbed lines? Is that proof of either?  Based on that criteria, shouldn't Trump be considered just as, if not more so, brain damaged?

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Post like this undermines your credibility a lot.

I'll be honest here.  I would have to take a close hard look at myself if someone like you viewed me credible.  I'm sure there's a post coming from you that will somehow blame the Jews for all of this.

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

If Trump is unfit to be President as you keep claiming then Joe Biden is even less fit.

See @Dazey's post.

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Trump restricted travel with China in late January, Biden called him "xenophobic fear-mongering" after.

Biden was right since the threat of the outbreak came from more than just China.  

By the way, how did that travel restriction from China work out for the US?  Most modelling projections show the US will fair worse than almost any other developed country.  

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Trump invoked the DPA, Biden suggests he'll do that after Trump already did.

Trump really hasn't invoked the DPA and dragged his feet for weeks on the half-measures he's called for.  Biden isn't the President.  

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

From January 1st until February 25th, there were four democratic debates, in the first three debates, there was not one question about the virus and not one comment from any of the candidates.

I guess they took Trump's word that the virus would be miraculously gone soon.  

As for the polls, we'll see where Trump sits when at least hundred thousand Americans are dead, unemployment reaches 30 percent, and massive refugee emergencies emerge around the world.

In any event, Trump is done.  Thanks to his buddies Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis, who have crippled Florida's EI program, most out-of-work Floridians are going to be hard pressed to pay for basics.  Florida was already a 50-50 toss-up before Republicans cocked up their response to the epidemic.  Without Florida, Trump has zero chance to win in November:

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/04/03/its-a-sh-sandwich-republicans-rage-as-florida-becomes-a-nightmare-for-trump-1271172

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Trump is "done" then I guess that removes Dems excuse for putting Biden forward...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

If Trump is "done" then I guess that removes Dems excuse for putting Biden forward...

I guess it's a shame that the voters put Biden forward on the Dems behalf then. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I guess it's a shame that the voters put Biden forward on the Dems behalf then. :lol: 

I suppose that there are 17 states with open primaries... not really the point though. Which is typical of libs :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Trump restricted travel with China in late January

Seems to be working well for him. 

26771300-8184475-image-a-1_1585919146728 26771584-8184475-image-a-3_1585919638606

Edited by Dazey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soon said:

I suppose that there are 17 states with open primaries... not really the point though. Which is typical of libs :lol:

Kinda is the point though. More people didn't vote for Bernie than did. I mean it's the primary for the Democratic nominee so I'm not sure why it's surprising to people that a Democrat seems to be winning. That and the fact millennials are a bunch of lazy bastards who can make a lot of noise on Twitter but can't drag their arses to the voting booth. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Kinda is the point though. More people didn't vote for Bernie than did. I mean it's the primary for the Democratic nominee so I'm not sure why it's surprising to people that a Democrat seems to be winning. That and the fact millennials are a bunch of lazy bastards who can make a lot of noise on Twitter but can't drag their arses to the voting booth. :lol: 

I referenced the very common talking point for why people stated they voted biden. Or why others encourage people too. :shrugs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soon said:

I referenced the very common talking point for why people stated they voted biden. Or why others encourage people too. :shrugs:

Fucking hippy! :lol: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the COVID 19 pandmeic will ensure Trump's re-election. People will not be able to go to the polls in November and Republicans will make efforts to prevent mail in ballots from going out. Trump will win in a landslide with the lowest voter turnout in US history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Things are continuing to get uglier along the words largest un-defened border. First Trump mused about sending military to the Canadian border, even though its the US folks who are a threat to us because Trump is a moron. But now shits getting real...

In recent days Trump forced 3M to stop exporting face masks to Canada. Canada needs them. 

In response, in what has got to be the most pointed diplomatic move done in public since Trump took office, Prime Minstrel Trudeau made a semi-veiled threat. When asked about the 3M ban, Trudeau pointed out that 1000 Canadian nurses work in Detroit and that for reasons like that, the two countries should work together in good faith to keep goods, essential services and personal flowing across the border. To be clear: He threatened, in so many words, to potentially hold back those 1000 nurses from making their daily commute to work in Detroit.

For further context, Detroit (a city right along the border with Canada) is poised to become a new epicentre of the outbreak in the US and the world. It is already poor and battered, too, of course.

Edited by soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Georgy Zhukov said:

I think the COVID 19 pandmeic will ensure Trump's re-election. People will not be able to go to the polls in November and Republicans will make efforts to prevent mail in ballots from going out. Trump will win in a landslide with the lowest voter turnout in US history.

Is online/electronic voting not possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 11:38 AM, Georgy Zhukov said:

I think the COVID 19 pandmeic will ensure Trump's re-election. People will not be able to go to the polls in November and Republicans will make efforts to prevent mail in ballots from going out. Trump will win in a landslide with the lowest voter turnout in US history.

We are in really big trouble if we're still dealing with corona in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

We are in really big trouble if we're still dealing with corona in November.

Agreed.

If there are still 30-40 million unemployed Americans due to Coronavirus come November, I can’t see many not throwing caution into the wind and voting anyway to throw Trump out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, downzy said:

Agreed.

If there are still 30-40 million unemployed Americans due to Coronavirus come November, I can’t see many not throwing caution into the wind and voting anyway to throw Trump out. 

Shit like this is how revolutions start. Can't wait. 

Captain Crozier has tested positive. The government is probably trying to kill him. Bet they wish Covid was around for Epstein. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is back to arguing with the reporters again, so nothing productive comes out of his talks anymore.

Thank goodness we have some very good mayors and governors who are doing a better job of telling us what to do and how to stay safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Thank goodness we have some very good mayors and governors who are doing a better job of telling us what to do and how to stay safe.

Yeah...our mayor has been a rockstar! Thank goodness for him...our governor has been pretty good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padme said:

This is really bizarre to say the least. There is a primary today in Wisconsin. Long lines but people keep social distance. Some voters wearing a mask

https://us.cnn.com/2020/04/07/politics/wisconsin-primary-coronavirus/index.html

An unconscionable and disgusting decision to go forward with the primary today. The depravity is unthinkable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie is officially out of the race.

It's Biden vs Trump.  Let's get it on!!!  

Go Joe Go!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Bernie is officially out of the race.

It's Biden vs Trump.  Let's get it on!!!  

Go Joe Go!

Even Toe Rogaine knows its far from being a slam dunk for Biden. This outcome is noting to be excited about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×