downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

46 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I'm afraid it is not unbelievable. It is what we should expect from someone like him. I just hope there is a way to stop it. Maybe it could be challenged in court

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The funny part is that Trump isn't authorize to be signatory on the cheque.

Instead is name is being added to the memo line.

Can you imagine if Obama had tried something like this. 

What a fucking joke.  

I stopped following along but I REALLY can't believe Biden is the best they have.  seriously?  This whole thing is a joke obviously

9 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I stopped following along but I REALLY can't believe Biden is the best they have.  seriously?  This whole thing is a joke obviously

He's not, but the best candidate to be President isn't always the person who wins the nomination race.  History is littered with many examples, including here in Canada (Ford, Trudeau, Scheer).

Biden is a known commodity and seen by many Democrats as a return and continuation of the Obama legacy.  Plus he's a former Vice President who is familiar with the challenges and responsibilities of the job.  For many that's very appealing.  

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

He's not, but the best candidate to be President isn't always the person who wins the nomination race.  History is littered with many examples, including here in Canada (Ford, Trudeau, Scheer).

Biden is a known commodity and seen by many Democrats as a return and continuation of the Obama legacy.  Plus he's a former Vice President who is familiar with the challenges and responsibilities of the job.  For many that's very appealing.  

Plus he's not a narcissistic, imbecilic,  infantile fucktard.

Just now, Dazey said:

Plus he's not a narcissistic, imbecilic,  infantile fucktard.

Sure, but I didn't want to get all scholarly :P  

• Haha 2

:( 

1 hour ago, gunsguy said:

He is not the best they have. Voters believe he is or seems to be the one with real chances to win against Trump. If the election were next year, the best candidate would be Cuomo.

14 minutes ago, Padme said:

He is not the best they have. Voters believe he is or seems to be the one with real chances to win against Trump. If the election were next year, the best candidate would be Cuomo.

Why is Cuomo their best candidate?  Because he asked Trump to bend over backwards for New York and Trump gave everything they asked for?  

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

Why is Cuomo their best candidate?  Because he asked Trump to bend over backwards for New York and Trump gave everything they asked for?  

Bend over backwards? You mean do his fucking duty as the President? 

42 minutes ago, Padme said:

10 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Because Cuomo is showing the country what leadership is about. Trump on the other hand downplayed the pandemic. He said it was a hoax. Later he said there were few cases that in a couple of weeks everything would be ok. He wanted to reopen the economy by easter. Then he said his authority is total when it is not. Trump is always blaming the whole world. But he never admited his own mistakes.

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Just now, Padme said:

Because Cuomo is showing the country what leadership is about. Trump on the other hand downplayed the pandemic. He said it was a hoax. Later he said there were few cases that in a couple of weeks everything would be ok. He wanted to reopen the economy by easter. Then he said his authority is total when it is not. Trump is always blaming the whole world. But he never admited his own mistakes.

Everyone downplayed the pandemic from the media to Pelosi. China hid the truth about the severity of the virus.  And when he banned travel from China Biden called him a racist xenophobe.  In late february Pelosi said come down to China town.  I've seen several Democratic leaders praise Trump for the way he's handled the situation including Cuomo.  Looks like Trump's showing the country what leadership is all about.  He's doing a fantastic job.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Looks like Trump's showing the country what leadership is all about.  He's doing a fantastic job.  

650,000 confirmed infections, nearly 30,000 deaths,about 20 million unemployed, the economy in the toilet and his biggest concern is buying votes in November by putting his name on the bail out checks. Yeah, he's clearly smashing it. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

37 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He asked for 30,000 ventilators, a ship, and build four hospitals.  Trump got it done except the ventilators.  Turns out they only needed a small fraction of what they got.  

Everyone downplayed the pandemic from the media to Pelosi. China hid the truth about the severity of the virus.  And when he banned travel from China Biden called him a racist xenophobe.  In late february Pelosi said come down to China town.  I've seen several Democratic leaders praise Trump for the way he's handled the situation including Cuomo.  Looks like Trump's showing the country what leadership is all about.  He's doing a fantastic job.  

Just because China didn't tell the truth. Trump should've looked at Europe. Sometimes you need to see what's coming instead of just waiting. Pelosi and other are not the president. I never heard Pelosi calling it a hoax. I never heard Cuomo saying everything should be opened by easter. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

He asked for 30,000 ventilators, a ship, and build four hospitals.  Trump got it done except the ventilators.  Turns out they only needed a small fraction of what they got.  

He asked for that amount of ventilators to ensure nobody would be without in the event that social distancing measures weren't successful. It's called preparation and it would have been great for your boy to consider when he disbanded the pandemic taskforce because a black man made fun of him at the correspondent's dinner. ;)  

Edited by Dazey
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

Just because China didn't tell the truth. Trump should've looked at Europe. Sometimes you need to see what's coming instead of just waiting. Pelosi and other are not the president. I never heard Pelosi calling it a hoax. I never heard Cuomo saying everything should be opened by easter. 

He saw what was coming and banned travel from Europe in addition to China. 

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

He saw what was coming and banned travel from Europe in addition to China. 

How'd that work out for him then? 2,500 deaths so far today.

16 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He asked for that amount of ventilators to ensure nobody would be without in the event that social distancing measures weren't successful. It's called preparation and it would have been great for your boy to consider when he disbanded the pandemic taskforce because a black man made fun of him at the correspondent's dinner. ;)  

Playing the "Trump's a racist" card?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Just a card? The man's played a whole fucking deck for his entire adult life.

Edited by Dazey

It’s not a card. It’s a fact. There’s a long history of Trump’s racism. But you probably don’t give a shit about any of that. Anyone who still thinks Trump is worth defending isn’t someone who is worth giving history lessons to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

Anyone who still thinks Trump is worth defending isn’t someone who is worth giving history lessons to. 

He'd probably only remember three fifths of it anyway. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

He'd probably only remember three fifths of it anyway. 

Even money bet he doesn’t get the joke. 

• Like 1