downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

18 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

New York state: 57 police resign to support officers fired for shoving 75-year-old

Tells you everything. Police treat the force like its a Mafia family.

Wow. I'd just heard about this and my brain couldn't comprehend that level of scum I guess, I'd misheard it as they were resigning out of outrage that they weren't fired.

If things don't change kill these maniacs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

New York state: 57 police resign to support officers fired for shoving 75-year-old

Tells you everything. Police treat the force like its a Mafia family.

We need to accept their resignations.  They should have resigned because those officers weren't fired.  That was totally uncalled for and then they walked past him while he was lying on the ground bleeding.  Everybody who witnessed that and did nothing should have been fired.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, cineater said:

We need to accept their resignations.  They should have resigned because those officers weren't fired.  That was totally uncalled for and then they walked past him while he was lying on the ground bleeding.  Everybody who witnessed that and did nothing should have been fired.

They only resigned from the emergency response team not from the department. Union boss even defended them for doing so.

But the local police union boss defended his officers. “Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, PBA president

A few rule changes wont fix this kind of rot.

Edited by -W.A.R-

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fuck off with this Brietbart garbage.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You really are reaching here. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe they are mad about what he said during the Lincoln-Douglas debates? :lol:

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I went to the Black Lives Matter protest in Manchester today and despite what many right wing mouthpieces might want people to believe I didn't' see a single incident. 

101692130_10219870232160070_679107991579102407044_10219870231640057_331475045277

102408625_10219870231240047_150590146907

Jr. was rather impressed too. :D 

Actions of a couple of idiots doesn't invalidate the whole movement. Not exactly rocket science. 

I am disappointed in you. Very disappointed. 

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Fuck off with this Brietbart garbage.

They defaced the Cenotaph. They threw bottles and injured a police horse. Briebart didn't invent this. You can view all this yourself.

• Haha 1

They had a rally at the park in my town yesterday so I decided to drive by.  About fifty white people taking selfies holding up signs to put up on social media so they can prove how woke and not racist they are.  Curious why they all picked to live in a town with one whole black family instead of a more diverse community.

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

They had a rally at the park in my town yesterday so I decided to drive by.  About fifty white people taking selfies holding up signs to put up on social media so they can prove how woke and not racist they are.  Curious why they all picked to live in a town with one whole black family instead of a more diverse community.

Bolded. So what you are suggesting is that if someone is not racist, then they have to make it a top priority to leave their homes and move to where there are more poc then where they are (at the moment they realize that they aren’t racist)? 

This is truly fascinating.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They defaced the Cenotaph. They threw bottles and injured a police horse. Briebart didn't invent this. You can view all this yourself.

By "they" you mean?

1 minute ago, soon said:

Bolded. So what you are suggesting is that if someone is not racist, then they have to make it a top priority to leave their homes and move to where there are more poc then where they are (at the moment they realize that they aren’t racist)? 

If blacks started moving next door most of them would move.  They're fake.  That's my point.

39 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Because many (not all, but many) liberals are actually NIMBY's (Not In My Back Yard). They have segregation in leftist cities like San Francisco, Portland, Austin, and Minneapolis. Conservatives will segregate too, but usually without the virtue signaling. 

31 minutes ago, Dazey said:

By "they" you mean?

Sad to see you are indoctrinating your kid into eulogizing a meth addict who beat up a pregnant woman. I am sure there are much better role models for her.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, soon said:

White liberals usually get dragged in leftist publications by the Tim Wise type activists for being NIMBY's. The Tim Wise's want them to practice what they preach, the conservatives just make fun of them for it lol. 

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

They only resigned from the emergency response team not from the department. Union boss even defended them for doing so.

A few rule changes wont fix this kind of rot.

So true.  The two most involved got charged.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sad to see you are indoctrinating your kid into eulogizing a meth addict who beat up a pregnant woman. I am sure there are much better role models for her.

Prefer to think of it as teaching her that people shouldn't be murdered by the police because of their skin colour but hey, potayto potahto eh? :shrugs: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Prefer to think of it as teaching her that people shouldn't be murdered by the police because of their skin colour but hey, potayto potahto eh? :shrugs: 

I saw a video of a young girl getting tear gassed at a protest in Seattle.  The poor girl was crying hysterical.  I thought to myself "what kind of moron would bring such a young child to a protest"?